PDA

View Full Version : Multitracking Battery in Logic 5.5.1

networkacid
02-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Is there a way to have Battery output to separate instrument tracks in Logic without bouncing individual drum sounds as loops and working in audio?

1 friend of mine said to just run multiple copies of Battery but it's so annoying to do that and it seems like overkill (There's also the issue where each instance needs its own kit saved for each track otherwise changes made in one overwrite all the others when re-loading). It's just annoying doing the levels and panning inside Battery plus I can't apply FX like delay or reverb to individual sounds if I only have one copy running on one channel... I'm still in "writing the music" mode anbd not ready to start bouncing everything to audio which I do when I'm in "mixdown and arrange" mode.

Is there a better alternative to using Battery for drums in Logic?

I'd use Reason rewired to Logic and just use Redrum (which is what I'm used to using and really love) but I can't get that happening somehow even though I've followed the instructions to the letter...

messyfuture
02-02-2005, 03:25 PM
try this:

click on options and choose the output configeration that you want i.e 8 stero 0 mono.

once you have done this i think you need to restart battery then move to the bottom right hand of the battery screen and there is a little window, hold ctrl while clicking on it then type the channel you want to output the sound on i.e 3/4

thats how it works with cubase, battery 2 is much easier to output you sounds to indivual channels and also has alot more i think 8 stero channels and 16 mono

fresh_an_funky_design
02-02-2005, 04:22 PM
is the ultrabeat drum machine on logic 5??? if it is use that its quality

networkacid
03-02-2005, 02:10 PM
is the ultrabeat drum machine on logic 5??? if it is use that its quality

Nope :( Pity, looks awesome... If only I had megabucks for a Mac...

278d7e64a374de26f==