PDA

View Full Version : K station

RDR
03-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Just bought a k station from turnkey for 199.

anyone got any opiions. i've done my research on it including extensive experience with the vsti version, which i really liked. but my thoughts are that the converters on the hardware version are likely to be significantly beter than anyhting in software land.

the user reviews on sweetwater and sonicstate indicate a very high respect for the machine. for my part i have owned a treble station (ok - bass) and played with the supernova's and the ks4.

plus i like to play with synths without a computer in between.

therefore..

opinions mucho appreciato!

nervous systems
03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
i have a nord 2 and the sound is so much superior to that of the discovery emulation of it

so yes i would be the k station

mrbenn
03-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Im about to buy a KS rack it will be my first step into the Hardware production world, im looking forward to some real time knob tweaking :twisted:

RDR
04-02-2005, 01:13 AM
i have a nord 2 and the sound is so much superior to that of the discovery emulation of it

so yes i would be the k station

i had a nord rack 3 for a long time and really miss the knob tweaking but i dont miss the pathetic user patche allowance.

as i understand the k/b version has more user save areas, but still not that many.
:rambo:

ill report back when the k/station arrives tommorow

peace.

Tyrisia
04-02-2005, 03:08 AM
If it's Novation - buy it - that's all I'm sayin.

Tyrisia
04-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Apart from that I love Novations! :love:

Kevin Gorman
04-02-2005, 03:13 AM
I got a novation nova it rocks

Milesy
04-02-2005, 08:45 AM
plus i like to play with synths without a computer in between

yeah i like to just sit and jam with my korg electrive and virus
some nights and just try different stuff out without the hastle
of having my full kit and laptop etc setup

acidsaturation
04-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Grrrr - they were £299 when I got my A Station. Would have got one then if it was that price...

RDR
04-02-2005, 03:16 PM
well it arrived at my work today - i havent done ANY work since.

i like it - the string patches are fantastic. howvere im gonna spend some time writing my own patches...

hmmm i can just see it. chestnuts roasting on a open fire, the synth on my lap - our lass coooking tea and spanking oscillator action!

decoherance
07-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I've got a k - station and liked it so much i went and bought a ks4 aswell!

RDR
07-02-2005, 02:37 PM
after playing with it for a few days im in heaven. The sounds are corking, im just happy to have a decent synth again. got fed up of VSTi versions.

i like twiddling with my knobs.

AcidMutant
07-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah - I think I'm going to buy the little synth version - woohoo - haven't had a velocity responsive keyboard since I sold my Yamaha SY22 over 6 years ago.

2+1/2 octave keyboard, pretty portable, knobs galore - come on you beauty!!!

Think my techno band in a suitcase might just come true...

RDR
07-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah - I think I'm going to buy the little synth version - woohoo - haven't had a velocity responsive keyboard since I sold my Yamaha SY22 over 6 years ago.

2+1/2 octave keyboard, pretty portable, knobs galore - come on you beauty!!!

Think my techno band in a suitcase might just come true...

LOL!! thats my dream too. :oops: :doh:

AcidMutant
11-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Well I went and bought one - the little keyboard version. Very nice but it's a shame I didn't get the rack (well I needed a velocity sensitive keyboard - even a 2 octave one).

Sounds great, even does some FM stuff, ring mod, vocoder... still messing.

The rack is the same only:
16 instead of 8 note poly
4 simultanious sounds
better arpegiator (4* and you can program them with patterns I believe)
16 instead of 12 band vocoder
filter has band pass and high pass as well as 12 and 24dB low pass.

Started programming some custom sounds last night, great pads, nice plasticy acid tones, got some great arp sounds which sort of reminded me of early Future Sound of London stuff (the Accelerator album - before they disappeared up their own a** with weird soundscape stuff)!

:lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
A synth a day keeps my madness at bay!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

278d7e64a374de26f==