PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME PLEASE..

DJ RE:HAB
04-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Right this is doing my ****ing head in..

Basically everytime about 15mins or longer into my mix. One channel, lowers and only comes through 1 speaker @ the proper volume..

So the result when listening to it back, is the tune am mixing in coming thru more predominantley on the right hand side lets say...

I can tell when its gonna happen coz my headphones only plays on one side when cueing mix..

Ive reversed the in/out cables on each deck, and then the problem reverses to the other deck..... I cant do a decent set, as this is always happening..

Am thinking its a cable @ the back but there only a year old and are expensive ones.. But am really hoping its not my mixer which is a Gemini FX7000.... My decks are stantons...

WTF is happening. Am thinking its my cable, but why?

Anyone had this before.. :rambo:

Barely Human
04-02-2005, 01:09 PM
It sounds like either a lead problem, or a mixer one. First swap the leads completely on both decks, and see if the same channel cuts out, if it does, then its a mixer problem. If its only on one channel, and it is the mixer, then its probably something to do with the up fader, the line switch, or the connectors on the back of the mixer. When it happens, move stuff to see if you can sort it, ie... Wiggle the faders, the line switches, the sockets on the back, and see if you can pin point the problem...

MangaFish
05-02-2005, 12:02 AM
sorry for asking such a dumb ass question, but does your sound crackle before you loose one of your sterieo channels?

Mindful
05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
I have this problem now its a cable in my case and it sounds like its a cable in your case too as you say you reversed the in/out cables on each deck, and then the problem reverses to the other deck.....so its surley the cable.

Hakka
07-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Right this is doing my **** head in..

Basically everytime about 15mins or longer into my mix. One channel, lowers and only comes through 1 speaker @ the proper volume..

So the result when listening to it back, is the tune am mixing in coming thru more predominantley on the right hand side lets say...

I can tell when its gonna happen coz my headphones only plays on one side when cueing mix..

Ive reversed the in/out cables on each deck, and then the problem reverses to the other deck..... I cant do a decent set, as this is always happening..

Am thinking its a cable @ the back but there only a year old and are expensive ones.. But am really hoping its not my mixer which is a Gemini FX7000.... My decks are stantons...

WTF is happening. Am thinking its my cable, but why?

Anyone had this before.. :rambo:

I've got this problem. It's the cables on the deck. The "left" hand side for one channel can cut out... it's savage. Mainly it's happened to people who unplug there decks a lot, but you can get replacement leads.

278d7e64a374de26f==