PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Mills interview - I make mixing mistakes almost every n

Ritzi Lee
04-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Jeff Mills- I make mixing mistakes almost every night
31/01/2005

There are minor mistakes that happen almost every night and major mistakes that happen maybe once a month: as a DJ you become better at fixing the problem and move on as quickly as possible, so that people don’t notice; that’s part of being a DJ.

Chatting down the line from a Cannes hotel, Detroit techno wizard Jeff Mills is the first to admit he has the odd bad night, though as one of dance culture’s most technically proficient mixers he’s happy to hold up his hands.

“If I stopped making any mistakes I should probably look at what I’m doing and start trying to be a little more adventurous,” he continues. “I still love to play even if I may play less nowadays than when I was younger. But I’ll always keep on DJing, even if just as a hobby.”

Still one of the biggest name DJs both in both techno and dance music in general, he’s happy to pass on advice, stressing the importance of focus for those wanting to step into his shoes.

“The sooner you understand what is it you really want out of the profession, the easier it becomes to achieve it,” says Jeff. “If you want to become a superstar DJ, it’s possible, but there are certain things you’d have to do.”

Skrufff: Such as?

“I don’t know, because I don’t consider myself one,” he replies.

“But if you want to have a long and healthy career, one crucial piece of advice I could give is this: you have to be able to accept negative responses from the audience and people in general, and rebound from that criticism as quickly as possible. I know so many DJs who have often been severely affected by an audience’s negative response.”

Coming into England shortly to DJ at both the End and Liverpool’s Circus Club, he’ll also be meeting his audience directly at Eukatech Records, when he personally opens an Axis Records merchandise shop at the Covent Garden store. As well as selling beach towels and sandals (‘we’ve done some research to categorise the typical costumer who buys our merchandise, that’ll be older male, student or just graduated from college’, he explains) the store will be stocking his new album The Three Ages’, his latest soundtrack remake, this time to Buster Keaton’s 1923 film of the same name.

“The idea behind Axis Live is to come close to the people and reduce the distance between the internet and the customers,” he explains.

“We have a steady stream of online costumers from around the world, and we planned to go into their cities to offer special things made for that particular situation, so we’re producing very special records only released at that time and lots of other items displayed in the way we think they should be displayed, on the basis of a certain type of lifestyle and mentality they’re based upon,” says Jeff. “After London we’ll be doing Berlin.”

Skrufff (Benedetta Skrufff): As well as launching the shop, you’re DJing again in the UK this February, what kind of show do you have planned for the gigs?

Jeff Mills: “It’ll be an integration of sound and moving images alternating throughout the night. At times the video will take the lead then at other times it will be the music.”

Skrufff: How much advanced planning typically goes into a DJ set; do you ever turn up with a stack of music and improvise, track by track?

Jeff Mills: “There’s always a little preparation, typically I prepare the first ten minutes of the set and from that point it’s very much about reading the crowd and playing music or showing images based on what I see and what I find interesting at that precise moment in time.”

Skrufff: You’re also set to release a new soundtrack to Buster Keaton’s “The Three Ages”, how different is your approach when producing music for soundtracks as opposed to the dance floor?

Jeff Mills: “I tried to prove certain things in that particular soundtrack. As a DJ I can approach producing music for films in multiple ways, the same ways I can program records for an audience, which is probably slightly different from someone who only does one or the other. I look at it from many different perspectives. For “The Three Ages” I chose to use a very indirect way, not only composing the music for the interactions between the characters specifically, accenting certain kind of moves or things like that, but I also decided to create a backdrop for what was happening on the screen. The result is not a humorous soundtrack as such, but it’s allowed humour to happen on screen. I did that because I wanted to show how diverse electronic music can be and that it’s not always predictable as composing music for movies can be. Even in that type of context, with all the humour and the geniality of Buster Keaton, electronic music can be reserved and allowing at the same time.”

Skrufff: how much do you regard electronic music to be a revolutionary force?

Jeff Mills: “I believe electronic music still is a revolutionary force. As a genre, it’s gone through changes because it has evolved, and it was logical for it to reach a point of saturation because of the level of popularity it’s had. It had to prove to have solid foundations, achievements have been reached even through the hype that has surrounded it, and we’re at the point today where electronic music can be considered pretty much an art form. Deep down, there have been very important messages delivered to the people through it; it has survived, and it’s at the point where it can now be considered just as important as any other music genre.”

Skrufff: Speaking to Fabric last year, you described today’s club scene as too conformist, why do you think it’s gone that way?

Jeff Mills: “Mainly because most DJs haven’t really taken advantage of all the freedom and creativity that they were originally given. As a DJ I’ve seen the same format being repeated over and over again, even down to the DJ location in a club, it’s always the same spot, facing the crowd etc…. Of course the format works, but considering the amount of freedom we have to do things differently, with music production having faced the same pitfalls, we’re largely missing a lot of opportunities to explore our creativity.”

Skrufff: I want to mention another quote from Jockey Slut from last year: “We are at a turning point in the history of techno music- If the younger generation has less interest in supporting music then why don’t techno labels begin to create and release music targeted to an older generation?”: what does targeting an older generation involve that’s different from a younger generation?

Jeff Mills: “I think that the older generations are quicker to recognise the higher artistic forms. When I was younger, and also when I look at younger people now, you’re less interested in appreciating art. As a DJ today, when I play for an older crowd, I can play a more diverse, progressive set, I can play older classics and a wider range of music. In terms of survival for independent labels, if you’re releasing music for others to buy, you need to focus on a particular type of costumer. The tendency is to put out music to accommodate all kind of buyers, but if the indications are very strong from younger generations that they’re just not interested in one particular sound, then you need to find your own place. In the context of what’s happening these days it’s wiser to look at the generations that started electronic music; they’re the ones who probably understand it the most, they’re the ones who grew up with it and made it all happen. If they had an interest in it before, then they probably still have one now. I think it’s questionable, this general thinking within the music industry that dance music is only for young people.”

Skrufff: Tossing another quote at you, you told Techno Tourist in 2001: ‘‘the things that we fail to try does the greatest damage to our future, not the things we do and fail”; looking at your career, you seem to have always succeeded: what projects do you consider as failures?

Jeff Mills: “There’s been many failures and things that haven’t worked out in my career, but as an artist who releases music and also runs a label it’s my job to smooth that over and move on to the next project as quickly as possible. So many people are never aware of their mistakes. Most of the time I assume that the idea was solid but the timing wasn’t right, so I generally keep those ideas and try to re-introduce them at different times. It’s better to make those mistakes, to experience problems and be able to handle them so that they won’t happen again. Without them you’re on a dangerous course, certainly in my career I see those mistakes as crucial and as a learning process and as long as they’re not too severe and don’t send you to jail, it’s ok.”

Skrufff: I read in the same interview that your 2001 album title ‘Every Dog Has its Day’ means ‘everybody eventually gets their share of good fortune’; how big a role has luck played in your career?

Jeff Mills: “I really couldn’t say, but I know that I prepare a lot to allow certain situations to happen and when they do I can take advantage of it.”

Skrufff: You basically create your own luck…

Jeff Mills: “I leave lots of room for luck to come into the equation. I’m never quite sure if it’s luck or just being open enough to be able to accept any type of situation and make the most of it.”

Jeff Mills’ new album ‘The Three Ages’ (the new soundtrack to Buster Keaton’s 1923 film) is out now.

http://www.axisrecords.com (Axis Shop Live is at Eukatech Records, in London between February 17 and 19) Jeff spins at Yousef’s Circus on February 26)

Benedetta Skrufff (Skrufff.com)

http://www.trustthedj.com/SKRUFFF/n...hp?news_id=3513

ds2
04-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Jeff Mills - "I make mixing mistakes almost every night"

there's news to anyone who's ever heard him play :lol:

The Overfiend
04-02-2005, 10:23 PM
:doh: :lol:

killarava2day
04-02-2005, 11:53 PM

lol

Least he admits it though. Can't believe some people who think they've pulled off some kind of awesome performance...when they've clearly been very, very crap!

lowtide
05-02-2005, 06:33 AM
hehe jeff mills fixes mistakes and likes to show the crowd how fast he can do it.

jon connor
05-02-2005, 12:04 PM
hehe jeff mills fixes mistakes and likes to show the crowd how fast he can do it.

fuk yea! hes an animal hahahah!!! classic. :rambo:

darkmockeray
05-02-2005, 01:41 PM
The 'LIVE FROM THE LIQUID ROOMS' mix has loads of dodgy mixing on it - but it still sounds f**kin excellent, maybe thats why they call him the wizard................. :roll:

Mindful
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
“If I stopped making any mistakes I should probably look at what I’m doing and start trying to be a little more adventurous,”

somthing to think about maybe

Zektor
05-02-2005, 01:59 PM
“If I stopped making any mistakes I should probably look at what I’m doing and start trying to be a little more adventurous,”

somthing to think about maybe

that's why i like his style...it's hella raw. :notworthy:

The 'LIVE FROM THE LIQUID ROOMS' mix has loads of dodgy mixing on it - but it still sounds f**kin excellent, maybe thats why they call him the wizard................. :roll:

Well, this might sound weird but I like it when a dj isn't flawless... :cool:

Mindful
05-02-2005, 02:03 PM

Weirdo

Zektor
05-02-2005, 02:05 PM

Weirdo

:lol:

koma
05-02-2005, 02:06 PM

most dj mixes commercially available are done in a studio where all mistakes are removed.. it isnt the case with his Liquid Room..

last time I heard Jeff, hmmm, its been about a year and a half ago, he was bloody amazing.. among top 10 sets I heard ever..

at one time he was banging f**kin hard minimal stuff, then suddenly shifted to Garniers Man with a red face, and left all of us around him with :shock: faces.. still can't figure out how the hell he did that, and I was like one meter behind him..

a bit later, he went down for a record while the mix of two records was still going on.. in the same second he heard the wreck, he just put up his arm without even watching on the tables and corrected it.. I never saw something like that before or after..

The wizard nickname comes from those radio shows he played on the beginning of Detroit scene..

Paul Zykotik
05-02-2005, 02:49 PM
that's why i like his style...it's hella raw. :notworthy:

I agree. I'd rather listen to someone vary it up with some clanging rather than someone mix loops flawlessly for 3 hours.

Obviously if you can do it without clangs so much the better...but those people seem to be few and far between.

Mindful
05-02-2005, 02:52 PM
:lol: Weirdo

MangaFish
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
i like to be impressed with someones ideas and progression in a mix - if that means a less from perfect mix then so be it.

that said, theres a fine line between a mix that isnt flawless and just plain shoddy mixing though.

Fordy
05-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Mills can let a few tracks drop out, I couldnt give a fcuk, for what he does, how he does it, he can do whatever the fcuk he likes, its always head and shoulders above most other artists.

People annoy me, you see them in a club, they hear the slightest tune drop out and they pull a face asif they could do better, fcuk off and enjoy the music.

A dj playing the next record after 4 or so minutes everytime, doing nothing with their set, these djs are the ones that need to be fed to the lions.

I personally cannot even comprehend playing and mixing 3 or 4 tracks within minutes of each other, whilst also pulling off nice tricks, Mills even fcuks around with images at the same time now, how :doh:

Fordy
05-02-2005, 03:32 PM
My post will know be hilarious to read because every other sentence is fair knob goggles :dontevengothere: :oops:

new
05-02-2005, 05:07 PM
weirdest thing is that the old wizard radio sets are flawless, I never heard a trainwreak, or anything. Admitted it was mainly just cup-and-paste mixing, but still.

I gotta say though, one thing that happens when Mills plays is that the crowd goes crazy. Isn't that the most important thing for a dj to do?

ampassasinbirmingham
05-02-2005, 05:34 PM
anyone got any links to or can sort me out with any of his old wizard sets, never heard one b4?

koma
05-02-2005, 05:49 PM
anyone got any links to or can sort me out with any of his old wizard sets, never heard one b4?

here you have one from 85/86 on page 1, check archives deeper for 2 more sets from 89 on WJLB Detroit.. ;)

http://www.deephousepage.com/mixes.php

koma
05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
btw lots of older mixes on that link..i.e. Theo Parrish, F.Knuckles, Farley Jackmaster Funk, Derrick May, even disco & house by DJ Rush and De La Soul etc etc..

MARKEG
05-02-2005, 06:11 PM
i have the utmost respect for mills, not only because of his releases since the days of Underground Resistance, but also because he seems so focused on his mission and no afraid to speak his mind. I once interviewed him over a pizza in some posh London restaurant and when I started to ask questions that didn't mean anything to him, he flat out told me (although it took him about an hour to tell me hahaha). no seriously now, reading that interview makes me realise what i love about techno that i just dont explore deep enough. it makes me ask questions about techno, creativity and art. he is such a unique character and one that we should treasure. techno needs ppl like this, people who tell it like it is. i mean who seriously out there can tell me they have EVER done a flawless, perfect set in a club without something not being perfect. to me, that's why you keep doing what you do - the fact you're never 100% perfect.

jeffery mills, i salute you :notworthy:

Stella Boy
05-02-2005, 06:14 PM

here you have one from 85/86 on page 1, check archives deeper for 2 more sets from 89 on WJLB Detroit.. ;)

http://www.deephousepage.com/mixes.php

thanx for the link koma, that's my night sorted :cool:

koma
05-02-2005, 06:49 PM
i have the utmost respect for mills, not only because of his releases since the days of Underground Resistance, but also because he seems so focused on his mission and no afraid to speak his mind. I once interviewed him over a pizza in some posh London restaurant and when I started to ask questions that didn't mean anything to him, he flat out told me (although it took him about an hour to tell me hahaha). no seriously now, reading that interview makes me realise what i love about techno that i just dont explore deep enough. it makes me ask questions about techno, creativity and art. he is such a unique character and one that we should treasure. techno needs ppl like this, people who tell it like it is. i mean who seriously out there can tell me they have EVER done a flawless, perfect set in a club without something not being perfect. to me, that's why you keep doing what you do - the fact you're never 100% perfect.

word, Mark :clap:

this man is one of the true innovators and thinkers in techno. every his project has a story, whole concept worked out in details. I remember his manager giving me some Axis newsletter, I rarely see something like that by some other label.
you wont hear Jeff bragging "I'm doing this, I'm doing that", he simply does what he do with honest dedication. when I met him, he even looked a bit shy, thats why I believe him when he say he doesnt feel like superstar (and I sure dont like some techno djs acting like that). its a real pleasure to interview him or at least read his interviews, I believe he's a person from who I'll never stop learning.

ds2
05-02-2005, 07:09 PM
weirdest thing is that the old wizard radio sets are flawless, I never heard a trainwreak, or anything. Admitted it was mainly just cup-and-paste mixing, but still.

weren't the wizard radio shows all pre recorded though?
i'm sure i read he spent days getting a 30 minute mix together which is probably why they sound flawless.

koma
05-02-2005, 07:28 PM
weren't the wizard radio shows all pre recorded though?
i'm sure i read he spent days getting a 30 minute mix together which is probably why they sound flawless.

no, I believe he did them on spot. thats the time when he also started to use the third turntable, which wasnt in use on that station until that.

the point of his fast mixes were in fact that Detroit was full of radio stations and they were fightning for listeners, so they had to have interesting program to keep them entertained.

and he's always saying he wasnt the first dj to use 3 decks - promoters like to put that info on flyers for him or Carl Cox - because Larry Levine and bunch of other djs already used that technique a lot in 80tees..

Zektor
05-02-2005, 09:03 PM
the point of his fast mixes were in fact that Detroit was full of radio stations and they were fightning for listeners, so they had to have interesting program to keep them entertained.

From what I've heard...his show only had 60 minutes. But Jeff Mills had loads and loads of good records he wanted to play to the listeners.

So the faster he would mix, obviously, the more he could play.

:cool:

Fordy
05-02-2005, 11:19 PM

jeffery mills, i salute you :notworthy:

Amen :clap:

djshiva
06-02-2005, 02:12 AM

hmmm...

funny...that was SO not news to me. in fact, i think more appropriately worded it would have said: i make mixing mistakes almost every MIX.

every time i have heard mills it has been a mess of trainwrecks and chap mixes. sorry to the idol worshippers, but i think he's shit.

lowtide
06-02-2005, 07:20 AM
yeah **** jeff mills its all about dj shiva

oldbugger
06-02-2005, 08:24 AM

hmmm...

funny...that was SO not news to me. in fact, i think more appropriately worded it would have said: i make mixing mistakes almost every MIX.

every time i have heard mills it has been a mess of trainwrecks and chap mixes. sorry to the idol worshippers, but i think he's shit.

:dontevengothere: :nono:

he's not good no..

theres a bit more to mills than that though...some respect is needed IMO
i was going to say the same as you about it should read 'every mix' and its true..

BUT

hes a legend and very influential..done a lot for techno

show some respect

MARKEG
06-02-2005, 09:28 AM
yeah for gods sake, millls is 40000000% more than any of us wil ever achieve. sometimes i cringe at his mixing, but mills is from another planet. listen to waveform vol 3 :)

that record alone make him ok to me no matter what anyone says hahahhahahaha

killarava2day
06-02-2005, 09:46 AM
[quote="koma"]a bit later, he went down for a record while the mix of two records was still going on.. in the same second he heard the wreck, he just put up his arm without even watching on the tables and corrected it.. I never saw something like that before or after..quote]

No offence, but after all the years he's been djing, if he couldn't do what your described as being autonomous action...well then you'd have to be pretty slow at picking up the task eh?

Ben Simms in full flight is quite the handyman as well.

romelpotter
06-02-2005, 11:45 AM
yeah for gods sake, millls is 40000000% more than any of us wil ever achieve. sometimes i cringe at his mixing, but mills is from another planet. listen to waveform vol 3 :)

that record alone make him ok to me no matter what anyone says hahahhahahaha

:clap: :clap: :lol:

jon connor
06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
jeff mills is royalty sum respect for the older + wise jedi in this post :nono: it makes me uncomfortable to think there are people out there that disrespect such a man. :shock:

so he makes mistakes on the decks so wot hes jeff mills hes aloud to :lol:

dirty_bass
06-02-2005, 02:38 PM
I`ve seen mills at his best.
Relentless and almost spotless, perfect choice of tunes, wave upon wave of ever rising beats and rushes. The best DJ I have ever seen. And I was straight.

I`ve seen mills at his worst. Boring tunes, crappy mixing, trainwrecks etc.

But that`s part of the beauty. He is always right on the edge, and doesn`t play safe, does his thing, and made people take notice of techno.

Nuff respec.

He`s achieved loads for the scene. And I`m glad there are people like him doing the do.

schlongfingers
06-02-2005, 03:26 PM
[quote=koma]a bit later, he went down for a record while the mix of two records was still going on.. in the same second he heard the wreck, he just put up his arm without even watching on the tables and corrected it.. I never saw something like that before or after..quote]

No offence, but after all the years he's been djing, if he couldn't do what your described as being autonomous action...well then you'd have to be pretty slow at picking up the task eh?

Ben Simms in full flight is quite the handyman as well.

Yeah totally, knowing which deck is going too fast and touching the platter without looking is not rocket science :D

A.McHardy
08-02-2005, 06:55 PM
All my time spinning tunes ive never heard of trainwrecks!

wots this mean???

romelpotter
08-02-2005, 09:50 PM

wots this mean???

it means you must be doin something right ;) :lol: :lol:

..when you get 2 decks that go out when trying to beat match, it sounds bad but when you have 3 decks all out you get trainwrecks :doh: :doh: :lol:

oldbugger
08-02-2005, 11:03 PM

wots this mean???

dont worry mate, neither had i untill forums came along..

think clashing out of time beats ;)

Frank Dogshit
08-02-2005, 11:12 PM
its not about the mixing with all the detroit djs ive come to find....its all in the tunes,building it up,taking it down. theres so much energy in mills you just dont know whats coming next.

i noticed with mills that if the mix is out,its corrected within a split second so much so that you barely notice. dj bone was like this aswell at voodoo the other week...quite a quirky style of mixing but it works well. you cant expect a 3 deck mix with say 40+ records an hour to be perfectly mixed,impossible....its like they are constantly thinking 3 or 4 mixes ahead to throw in that next track to take the dancefloor in that different direction.

tioneb
09-02-2005, 08:12 AM

hmmm...

if what u want is tightness and not the dj performance, then stop going to see djs and only listen to ableton live sets.

miss bass
09-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Exactly, i think ppl focus too much on the technicalities rather than the musicalities.
I mean its not that i dont love to hear smoothe and long mixes but musicality for me will always over-ride errors mixing-wise.
Jeff on 3 decks at the jam was good, didnt quite float my boat but aside some of the sloppy beat matching his tuneage at times was wonderful. Round sounding beats, soft melodies ...
Also he was on 3 decks, and i take my invisable hat off to that for the effort.

fitipaldi
09-02-2005, 10:16 AM
I've seen the guy dj twice and was only really impressed on one night. His back catalogue speaks for itself tho, probably done more for techno than most ever will.

davethedrummer
09-02-2005, 05:35 PM
jeff mills+long discussions about mixing= time for bed :sleeping:

SlavikSvensk
09-02-2005, 06:40 PM
for f***s sake...no offense everyone, but just how many jeff mills is god/crap conversations can we have?

fitipaldi
10-02-2005, 12:38 AM
for f***s sake...no offense everyone, but just how many jeff mills is god/crap conversations can we have?

gunjack
10-02-2005, 09:57 AM
he will play here in madrid tomorrow night.

conflict
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
just for the record i think he's wicked and i'll never miss an oppotunity to see him play,he rocked the jam last time

i have his dvd he did,intersting to hear him on how it all began

djshiva
11-02-2005, 06:31 AM

he's not good no..

i was going to say the same as you about it should read 'every mix' and its true..

BUT

show some respect

i have always said i give respect for his contributions to techno, but even the legends have the tendency to rest on their laurels sometimes and
forget the hunger that made them good in the first place.

when yer an upcoming dj, you have that hunger and that drive to be good every time you play. i think sometimes people who get into a comfortable position tend to forget that drive when that's really what made them so damn good.

plus, if everyone around you is a damn yes man telling you that you rocked it when you sounded like shoes in a dryer, i think it tends to make one lose the plot.

all i'm saying is that i would never in a million years pay money to see mills spin. ever. and i have played mixes of his to people WITHOUT telling them who he is, and asked them if they would go see this dj, and the response was usually "that guy would be lucky to play for gas money". these same people would spooge all over themselves if they saw mills on a flyer.

i think that's funny. sue me.

gumpy green
11-02-2005, 12:40 PM

he's not good no..

BUT

show some respect

i have always said i give respect for his contributions to techno, but even the legends have the tendency to rest on their laurels sometimes and
forget the hunger that made them good in the first place.

when yer an upcoming dj, you have that hunger and that drive to be good every time you play. i think sometimes people who get into a comfortable position tend to forget that drive when that's really what made them so damn good.

plus, if everyone around you is a damn yes man telling you that you rocked it when you sounded like shoes in a dryer, i think it tends to make one lose the plot.

all i'm saying is that i would never in a million years pay money to see mills spin. ever. and i have played mixes of his to people WITHOUT telling them who he is, and asked them if they would go see this dj, and the response was usually "that guy would be lucky to play for gas money". these same people would spooge all over themselves if they saw mills on a flyer.

i think that's funny. sue me.
thats my thought on not just mills, so many djs nowadays....the scne needs a good kick up the arse in that repect....

its like football(or anythig most likly)...sure pele, maradonna were fukin amazing in there day but cmon they couldnt play against the new up and comin folks now.......

i cant belive somefolk need to be told he makes mistakes....i know this....and it aint just him.....ive heard many a shoddy set form folk that are classed as "the best".....its laughable but at the same time very bad i think for the scene.

drift9
11-02-2005, 03:09 PM
ive heard many a shoddy set form folk that are classed as "the best".....its laughable but at the same time very bad i think for the scene.

Sorry Grumpy, can’t disagree with you more here. I think these guys are GREAT for the scene. Sure, you can argue that the “Big Names” like mills, hawtin, etc. are not as fantastically talented as people pump them up to be. But, at the end of the day these guys sell out shows and bring in a more mainstream crowd while still playing quality music. People go to see the “Big Names’” play who really aren’t that into techno in the first place. And this, ultimately, will expose new people to techno, which I can’t see as a bad thing at all—especially with record sales down as well as event attendance.

And let’s be honest with ourselves, when these guys drop a bad mix the only people who really notice are us jaded techno folk. Everyone else on the floor is still having fun and a goodtime while hopefully gaining interest in the music they’re being exposed to. i can't see that as being bad for techno as a scene.

gumpy green
11-02-2005, 03:38 PM
that great that i have to pay over 15quid to see them mix no wher near an accebtable level fo the fee.....haha no way..

i would rather get down with 300 proper techno headz all going for it big time than go to any of these super club with all yer shirted up, boot wearing, no nuthing about techno folks..

ive had better nights with local folks around my part than any time ive saw hawtin etc...

saw him in a huge areana maybe 15-20K folk and they most didnt know how to party.......ther only ther cos of the hype etc......i think thats a bad thing....

me- id rather techno was half the crowd but totally understood the shit than have twice as many no knowedge folks.

gumpy green
11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
the amount of folk into a certain scen doesnt make it better....IMO

just look at boy/girl bands etc......sure ther sellin more records...but its totally watered down wak as fuk pish........

but bands like say placebo can produce well good music but arent giving the proper recognition they deserve.....same with techno these days.....well the maistream piss......about edinburgh its pretty good i must say, not much commercial shite kicking about now....altho one new night is starting up..
:doh:

drift9
11-02-2005, 04:24 PM
saw him in a huge areana maybe 15-20K folk and they most didnt know how to party.......ther only ther cos of the hype etc......i think thats a bad thing....

...and if only 100 of those 15-20K in attendence got turned on to techno i think that's a good thing.

anyhow, this has lived up to it's name of being a mills post and gotten mad off topic. sorry...

SlavikSvensk
11-02-2005, 04:31 PM
that great that i have to pay over 15quid to see them mix no wher near an accebtable level fo the fee.....haha no way..

i would rather get down with 300 proper techno headz all going for it big time than go to any of these super club with all yer shirted up, boot wearing, no nuthing about techno folks..

ive had better nights with local folks around my part than any time ive saw hawtin etc...

me- id rather techno was half the crowd but totally understood the shit than have twice as many no knowedge folks.

fine. i have a simple solution for you. don't go. stay at home, or go see your local boys, and let others enjoy the classics played by someone who has had an immeasurable influence on the music we love.

Traxx
11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
its like football(or anythig most likly)...sure pele, maradonna were fukin amazing in there day but cmon they couldnt play against the new up and comin folks now.......

You having a laugh? :eh:

gumpy green
11-02-2005, 05:26 PM

You having a laugh? :eh:yup just on a wee wind up...we stir up to get the debate going..... but i think its true to some extent...

i honstly would rather see someone like say chris finke than mills......choose him as an example cos ther both mixing 3dekz(similar mixin styles)

Traxx
11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
yup just on a wee wind up...we stir up to get the debate going..... but i think its true to some extent...

Good lad :lol:

djshiva
12-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Sorry Grumpy, can’t disagree with you more here. I think these guys are GREAT for the scene. Sure, you can argue that the “Big Names” like mills, hawtin, etc. are not as fantastically talented as people pump them up to be. But, at the end of the day these guys sell out shows and bring in a more mainstream crowd while still playing quality music. People go to see the “Big Names’” play who really aren’t that into techno in the first place. And this, ultimately, will expose new people to techno, which I can’t see as a bad thing at all—especially with record sales down as well as event attendance.

And let’s be honest with ourselves, when these guys drop a bad mix the only people who really notice are us jaded techno folk. Everyone else on the floor is still having fun and a goodtime while hopefully gaining interest in the music they’re being exposed to. i can't see that as being bad for techno as a scene.

i would actually disagree. i have met many folks who heard some big techno headliner (i will be more general rather than keep harping on mills) suck, and now they think they don't like techno. let's face it: techno mixed badly is prolly one of the more boring things i can think of, and many people who hear a shit set keep that in their head. i think that damages techno as a whole. i can't tell you how many people i have talked to who thought they didn't like techno until they actually heard a good set (usually by some local hotshot dj and not a big name).

and anyone who thinks people who go out dancing can't figure out when a dj is trainwrecking...sorry...anyone who has some semblance of rhythm can tell when the horses start galloping. you don't have to be a dj to know shit when u hear it. anything that throws a dancer off their groove, they can tell...believe me.

Stella Boy
12-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Anyone who can make music as defining as Drama, Step To Enchantment & The Purpose Maker can do no wrong in my book.

tomahawk
13-02-2005, 11:13 AM
KAT MODA :notworthy:

@Shiva...plz, :dontevengothere:

SlavikSvensk
13-02-2005, 06:47 PM
let's not forget his seminal production for late-80s detroit-area rapper Smiley...

(what? you've never heard of this? well, it's all true, except maybe the seminal bit...)

djshiva
16-02-2005, 12:43 AM
and here i was thinking techno was about the future.

all i keep hearing about is the past.

DJmorti
16-02-2005, 11:31 AM
i dont give a **** about this kind of superstar dj.... he gets 8000 euros for a couple of hours and he is just ****ing bad playing ...for not to talk about his produccions like his last ****ing lie"exhibisionist" o whatever he called it.....please if we cover this kind of guys he just will be up there when he doesnt worth it at all ....self respect for the true djs

gunjack
16-02-2005, 12:07 PM
listen here youngster, it is easy as f*ck for you to say that kind of thing, but when you have 2 DECADES in this shit, you DESERVE the respect you get because you have LASTED. that aint easy in this biz. UNDERSTAND: we owe alot to Uncle Jeff for his countless contributions to techno. we ALL have a night when we didn´t play the best set of our lives, but jeff keeps going bro, and he still gets booked, so in conclusion kids:

DONT HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME!

dirty_bass
16-02-2005, 12:17 PM
i dont give a **** about this kind of superstar dj.... he gets 8000 euros for a couple of hours and he is just **** bad playing ...for not to talk about his produccions like his last **** lie"exhibisionist" o whatever he called it.....please if we cover this kind of guys he just will be up there when he doesnt worth it at all ....self respect for the true djs

With an attitude like that, will you ever get respect yourself?

Mills isn`t exactly Britney Spears, he`s a champion for techno and has kept the faith longer than some techno kids have been alive.
Whether on a good day or not, he has spawned an army of imitators both in production and in DJ-ing, and like it or not, his contribution to techno, and his intelligence and philosophy has to a certian respect, helped keep this music alive.

drudles
16-02-2005, 01:58 PM
i dont give a **** about this kind of superstar dj.... he gets 8000 euros for a couple of hours and he is just **** bad playing ...for not to talk about his produccions like his last **** lie"exhibisionist" o whatever he called it.....please if we cover this kind of guys he just will be up there when he doesnt worth it at all ....self respect for the true djs

Jaysus, that's a bit harsh innit? True enough, I wasn't at all impressed with the exhibitionist and I was surprised he could release something like that, but I'd still hold the man in very high regard.

And why would people not talk about his productions, even in a conversation about his DJing? In case you hadn't noticed, the majority of international DJs who regularly get booked, get booked for their production merits. Usually they will have to be decent DJs too, but on the international scene, no releases = no bookings, simple as that. Also, the man's contribution to the scene has been not only through his work behind the decks, but in the studio too, and a massive contribution it has been, hence the fact that he is a household name amongst lovers of any kind of dance music whatsoever.

And as he says in his interview, he makes mistakes, but the trick is to be able to correct those mistakes as professionally and unnoticeably as possible and press on and redeem yourself through the set. The way he fixes mistakes is actually one of the things that amazes me about him (DJ wise). He's like no other.

Big up ya Jeff Mills!

drift9
16-02-2005, 03:00 PM

love him or hate him mills is still very much the present.

also, techno's past is pretty f*cking rich, don't sleep on it.

The Overfiend
16-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Banned
None of that -ve shit around here for a split second.

The Overfiend
16-02-2005, 03:29 PM

She's got balls!

SlavikSvensk
16-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Banned
None of that -ve shit around here for a split second.

lay the smack down! :clap:

djshiva
18-02-2005, 02:21 AM

oh believe me, i have always been one who maintains that we should understand the rich history of techno and give props to those who pioneered it. please don't mistake my opinions on mills as simply ignorance of those pioneers and their contributions. it is anything but that. ****, i have all the purpose makers and a shit ton of axis releases that blow me away.

i just think all round there are some big guns who have been slipping as of late, and i for one, do not feel the need to be an apologist for said big guns. props where props are due, but no respect for those (artists or fans) who think their status affords them untouchability and a lack of honest critique.

djshiva
18-02-2005, 02:23 AM
oh believe me, i have always been one who maintains that we should understand the rich history of techno and give props to those who pioneered it. please don't mistake my opinions on mills as simply ignorance of those pioneers and their contributions. it is anything but that. ****, i have all the purpose makers and a shit ton of axis releases that blow me away.

i just think all round there are some big guns who have been slipping as of late, and i for one, do not feel the need to be an apologist for said big guns. props where props are due, but no respect for those (artists or fans) who think their status affords them untouchability and a lack of honest critique.

p.s. i have been on the decks for ten years, so also don't mistake my opinions as those of a newb who hasn't delved deep into techno's history. ;)

lub to all. not trying to be an internet flame whore; just an opinionated little aries. :roll:

The Overfiend
18-02-2005, 02:59 AM

Hmm true, :hmm:

drift9
18-02-2005, 06:52 AM
but no respect for those (artists or fans) who think their status affords them untouchability and a lack of honest critique.

you got me there, mills Exhibitionist CD is a perfect example of this. shameful :doh:

tomahawk
02-03-2005, 12:03 PM
for the rec...

Releases:
Waveform Transmission Vol. 1 (2xLP) Tresor
Waveform Transmission Vol. 1 (CD) Tresor
Berlin / Late Night (12") Pow Wow Records
Beyond / Dark Matter (12") Underground Level Recordings
Dark Matter (12") Undertow Records
Waveform Transmission Vol. 1 (CD) Pow Wow Records
Beyond... / Dark Matter (12") Two Thumbs
Confidentials 5-8 (12") Axis
Cycle 30 (12") Axis
Growth (12") Axis
The Extremist (12") Tresor
Waveform Transmission Vol. 3 (CD) Tresor
Waveform Transmission Vol. 3 (2xLP) Tresor
Waveform Transmission Vol. 3 (LP) Tresor
The Purpose Maker (12") Axis
Confidentials 1-4 (12") Axis
Java EP (12") Purpose Maker
Mix-Up Vol. 2 (12") Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Mix-Up Vol. 2 (12") Sony Techno (S3)
Purpose Maker Compilation (CD) Purpose Maker
Shifty Disco EP (12") International Deejay Gigolo Records
The Other Day (Promo) (12") Axis
The Other Day EP (12") Axis
Very EP (12") Axis
Force Universelle EP (12") Purpose Maker
Inner Life (12") React
Kat Moda EP (12") Purpose Maker
Kat Moda EP (Mispress) (12") Purpose Maker
More Drama (12") Axis
Our Man From Havana (12") Purpose Maker
Steampit EP (12") Purpose Maker
Steampit EP Mispress (12") Purpose Maker
The Other Day (CD) Sony Techno (S3)
The Other Day (CD) React
The Other Day (CD) Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Tomorrow (12") Axis
Waveform Transmission Vol. 3 (2xLP) Tresor
Waveform Transmission Vol. 3 (Detroit Cut) (2xLP) Tresor
From The 21st (CD) Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Purpose Maker Live Series (12") Purpose Maker
Purpose Maker Compilation (CD) Neuton
Purpose Maker Compilation (CD) React
Purpose Maker Compilation (CD) 541
Purpose Maker Compilation (2xLP) Purpose Maker
The Art Of Connecting (CD) Hardware
Vanishing Act EP (12") Purpose Maker
Waveform Transmission Vol. 3 (CD) Tresor
Apollo EP (12") Axis
From The 21st (12") Axis
From The 21st EP (12") Axis
If / Tango EP (12") Purpose Maker
Preview (12") Tomorrow
Skin Deep EP (12") Purpose Maker
Circus (12") Purpose Maker
Lifelike (CD) Music Man
Lifelike (CD) Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Lifelike (CD) Labels
Lifelike EP (12") Axis
Lifelike EP (12") Music Man
Metropolis (CD) Tresor
Metropolis (12") Axis
Purpose Maker Compilation (CD) So Dens
The Other Day (CD) So Dens
4 Art (12") Axis
At First Sight (CD) Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
AX-009 A/B (2x12") Axis
Conquest (12") Axis
Jet Set (12") Purpose Maker
Metropolis 2 (12") Tresor
The Art Of Connecting (CD) Nextera
The Electrical Experience (12") Purpose Maker
Time Machine (12") Axis
Actual (CD) Axis
At First Sight (CD) 541
At First Sight (2xLP) React
At First Sight (CD) React
At First Sight (CD) True People
At First Sight (2xLP) True People
At First Sight (CDr) React
AX-009 C/D (2x12") Axis
Late Night (12") Tresor
Time Machine (CD) Tomorrow
Alarms (Ben Sims Remixes) (12") Axis
Condor To Mallorca (Ken Ishii Remixes) (12") Axis
Kana (12") Purpose Maker
Light (12") Axis
Medium (2x12") Axis
Medium (CD) Axis
See (12") Axis
The (12") Axis
The Divine EP (12") Purpose Maker
Twilight Scenario (12") NSC Records
Absolutespecial (7") Axis
Axis Copper Edition (12") Axis
Contactspecial (7") Axis
Exhibitionist EP (12") Music Man
Exhibitionist Sampler (12") React
Expanded (12") Axis
From The 21st, Part 1 (12") Axis
From The 21st, Part 2 (12") Axis
Highlightspecial (7") Axis
Metropolis (MP3) Tresor
The Tomorrow Time Forgot (12") Axis
Three Ages (CD+DVD) MK2 Music
Three Ages (CD) MK2 Music
Three Ages / Present Age (Part One) (12") MK2 Music
Waveform Transmission Vol. 1 (MP3) Tresor
Waveform Transmission Vol. 3 (MP3) Tresor
Remixes:
Action!! (12") Action!! (The Wizard's... Technika Records
Enforcement (12") Enforcement (Mills Mix) Basic Channel
First Flower (12") First Flower (Mutated ... Undertow Records
Frontpage - Forcing The Future Compilation Vol. 2 (CD) Pulzar (Jeff Mills Remix) Urban
Packet Of Peace (Remixes) (12") Packet Of Peace (Werk ... Deconstruction
Pulzar (Jeff Mills Remixes) (12") Vortex Records (N.Y.)
Frontpage Compilation Vol. 4 - Higher Techno (2xCD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Virgin Schallplatten GmbH
Hell Ärgere Dich Nicht (12") Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Disko B
Supermarkt (2xCD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Disko B
Trance Lunar Paradise (2x12") Allerseelen (Jeff Mil... Sound Dimension Recordings
Trance Lunar Paradise (2xCD) Allerseelan Sound Dimension Recordings
I Am Not A DJ (CD) Enforcement (Mills Mix) Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Techno Nations 3 (CD) Allerseelen (Mills Mix) Kickin Records
Techno Nations 3 (2x12") Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Kickin Records
The Rave Explosion - The Underground Continues... Vol. 1 (2xCD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Groove Kissing
Tresor 3 (CD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... NovaMute
Tresor 3 (CD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... NovaMute (US)
Tresor 3 (Limited Edition Triple-Pack) (3x12") Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... NovaMute
Mix-Up Vol. 4 (CD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Sony Techno (S3)
Pulzar (12") Pulzar (Jeff Mills Remix) Synewave
Straight At Yer Head (12") Packet Of Peace (Jeff ... Lionrock
Straight At Yer Head (CD5") Packet Of Peace (Jeff ... Deconstruction
Straight At Yer Head - Act One (12") Packet Of Peace (Jeff ... Deconstruction
Techno Nations - A History Of Techno (4xCD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Kickin Records
Transcore Version 5.0 (2xCD) Pulzar (Jeff Mills Remix) Fairway Records
Crispy Bacon (Jeff Mills Remix) (12") Crispy Bacon (Jeff Mil... F-Communications
International DJ Syndicate Mix 3 (CD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... React
She's On The Train (CD5") Packet Of Peace (The J... Deconstruction
She's On The Train (12") Packet Of Peace (The J... Deconstruction
She's On The Train (12") Packet Of Peace (The J... Deconstruction
Pulzar Remix / Into Battle (12") Pulzar (1991 Jeff Mill... Synewave
Tresor III (CD) Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Tresor
Tresor III Compilation (2x12") Allerseelen (Jeff Mill... Tresor
Synewave DJ Mix Vol. 1 (1994-99) (CD) Pulzar (1991 Jeff Mill... Synewave
Digital Empire: Techno Anthems (CD) Enforcement (Mills Mix) Cold Front
Jaguar (CD5") Jaguar (Dance Of The Cat) 430 West
Jaguar (12") Jaguar (Dance Of The C... Play It Again Sam / PIAS Belgium
Jaguar (12") Jaguar (Dance Of The Cat) 430 West
Jaguar (CD5") Jaguar (Dance Of The Cat) 430 West
Jaguar (CD5") Jaguar (Dance Of The C... 430 West
Jaguar (12") Jaguar (Dance Of The Cat) 430 West
Jaguar (12") Jaguar (Dance Of The C... Temprogressive
KISS House Nation 2001 (2xCD) Jaguar (Jeff Mills Remix) Universal Records
Revenge Of The Jaguar - The Mixes (12") Jaguar (Jeff Mills Mix) Underground Resistance
Classic And Rare - La Collection Chapter 3 (3x12") Crispy Bacon (Solid Sl... F-Communications
Classic and Rare - La Collection Chapter 3 (2xCD) Crispy Bacon (Solid Sl... F-Communications
New Birth (CD) Apraketa (Jeff Mills' ... Spiritual Life Music
Pulzar (12") Pulzar (Jeff Mills 199... Synewave
Production:
The Punisher (12") Underground Resistance
The Seawolf / Infiltrator (12") Infiltrator (Birds Awa... Underground Resistance
Co-production:
Spring Break / Come Together (7") Asrock
Mix:
There's No Way Out (Of The Groove) (LP) The Bass Has Landed Paragon
DJ Mixes:
Mix-Up Vol. 2 Featuring Jeff Mills - LiveMix At The Liquid Room, Tokyo (CD) React
Mix-Up Vol. 2 (CD) Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Mix-Up Vol. 2 Featuring Jeff Mills - LiveMix At The Liquid Room, Tokyo (CD) Sony Techno (S3)
Axis Copper Edition (12") Axis
Exhibitionist - A Jeff Mills Mix (CD) Axis
Exhibitionist - A Jeff Mills Mix (CD) React
Jeff Mills - Exhibitionist (DVD) React
Jeff Mills - Exhibitionist (DVD) Axis
Appears On:
Don't Do It Like Dat (12") Trendsetter
Keep Believin' (LP) Vibe Records (Detroit)
Pump Wid Acid (12") Pump Wid Acid (Detroit... Vibe Records (Detroit)
3000 - The Source for Innercity Technology, Music and Culture. (Mixed Media) 3000 - CD Magazine Iss... Submerge
Tracks Appear On:
Concentrated Underground Volume One (2x12") Dark Matter Recycled Records (UK)
Steve Rachmad - Emerging (CD) Native High Emergency Broadcast ID&T
Subject: Detroit Volume 2 (CD) Detached, If (We), B2 ... Eukatech
Urban Basics (CD) Mosainga Dreamhunter
Techno Nations: The Beginning Part One (CD) Dark Matter Kickin Records
Dark Matter (12") Dark Matter, Beyond Undertow Records
Serious Beats Summer Party Mix 93 (CD) Beyond... Antler-Subway
Techno Nations - The Beginning (Part 2) (LP) Dark Matter Kickin Records
The Judgement Day - The Mayday Compilation Vol. III (2xCD) Data 06 Low Spirit Recordings
The Judgement Day - The Mayday Compilation Vol. III (2x12") Data : 06 Low Spirit Recordings
The Judgement Day The Mayday Compilation Vol. III (2xCD) Data 06 Radikal Records
The Mayday Compilation Vol. 3 (2x12") Data :06 Music Man
Tresor 2 - Berlin/Detroit A Techno Alliance (12") Changes Of Life NovaMute
Tresor II - Berlin & Detroit - A Techno Alliance (CD) Changes Of Life NovaMute
Tresor II - Berlin & Detroit - A Techno Alliance (3x12") Changes Of Life NovaMute
303% Acid (CD) Dark Matter Le Petit Prince
Minimal Nation (Mispress) (2xLP) Untitled, Untitled, Un... Axis
Out Soon - The Energetic Issue (CD) Beyond... BMG
Planet Of Move (2xCD) The Extremist EastWest Records GmbH
Abstract Expressionism Chapter 1 (CD) Beyond..... Flagbearer Records
Carl Cox - F.A.C.T. (3x12") Late Night (Mills Mix) React
Carl Cox - F.A.C.T. (2xCD) Late Night (Mills Mix) Prophetia Records
Carl Cox - F.A.C.T. (2xCD) Late Night (Mills Mix) React
I Am Not A DJ (CD) Changes of Life Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Mix-Up Vol. 1 (CD) In The Bush Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Mix-Up Vol. 2 Featuring Jeff Mills - LiveMix At The Liquid Room, Tokyo (CD) Utopia, The Extremist,... React
Reload Compilation : A Second Shoot (CD) Beyond Re-load Records
Sirius (2x12") Wrath Of The Punisher Tresor
Sirius (CD) Wrath Of The Punisher Tresor
Tresor 3 (CD) Solid Sleep NovaMute
Tresor 3 (CD) Solid Sleep NovaMute (US)
Tresor 3 (Limited Edition Triple-Pack) (3x12") Solid Sleep NovaMute
International DJ Syndicate Mix 1 (CD) In The Bush React
Laboratoire Mix (6x12") Reverting React
Laboratoire Mix (2xCD) Reverting React
Laboratoire Mix (2xCD) Reverting Level 2
Mayday - Life On Mars - The Mayday Compilation Album (2xCD) New Arrivals Low Spirit Recordings
Mix-Up Vol. 1 (CD) In The Bush Sony Techno (S3)
Mix-Up Vol. 2 (CD) Utopia, The Extremist,... Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Mix-Up Vol. 2 Featuring Jeff Mills - LiveMix At The Liquid Room, Tokyo (CD) Utopia, The Extremist,... Sony Techno (S3)
Mix-Up Vol. 4 (CD) The Dancer, Reverting,... Sony Techno (S3)
Powerplay '96 (CD) The Dancer Big Time International
Psycho Thrill (CD) Mosainga Essence (Germany)
Techno Nations - A History Of Techno (4xCD) Dark Matter Kickin Records
Techno Travel 2 (2xCD) 4 Art Omnisonus
TechnoSport (CD) Changes Of Life Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
We Are One Family - 1996 Berlin Love Parade's Official Compilation (2xCD) Mudussa Low Spirit Recordings
Doppler F ACT - The Eclectic Mix Session (CD) Casa PIAS Holland
Fine Audio DJ Mix Series Vol. 1: Monika Kruse (CD) The Bells Fine Audio Recordings
Formule Techno Vol. 2 (2xCD) The Dancer Fairway Records
Groove - The Compilation Vol. 2 (4x12") Casa Sony Techno (S3)
Groove - The Compilation Volume 2 (2xCD) Casa Sony Music Entertainment (Germany)
Happyland (CD) i9 EMI Music France
Happyland (Cassette) i9 EMI Music France
Inner Life (12") Medusa (Unreleased Mix) React
International DeeJay Gigolos CD One (CD) Theme From '2000', The... International Deejay Gigolo Records
International DJ Syndicate Mix 3 (CD) The Dancer, Reverting,... React
Lemon 714 (CD) Java X-Sight Records
Mix-Up Vol. 5 (CD) Alarms, Masterplan, Th... Sony Techno (S3)
Psycho Thrill Compilation Promo (12") Mosainga Essence (Germany)
The Mayday Mix (CD) Alarms, Masterplan, Th... Open
About Discipline And Education (CD) (Untitled From) Axis 9... So Dens
Big Energy Attack Vol.1 : Madfunkyacidisco (CD) Alarms Comma (Japan)
Boréalis (2xCD) The Bells Virgin Records (France)
Carl Cox - The Sound Of Ultimate B.A.S.E. (CD) The Bells Moonshine
Colin Dale Presents Mutant Disco (3x12") Automatic Harmless
Colin Dale Presents... Mutant Disco (CD) Automatic Harmless
Fine Audio DJ Mix Series Vol. 2: Gayle San (CD) Universal Power Fine Audio Recordings
Florida 135 Vol. 2 (2xCD) Vanishing Act: Where's... Serial Killer Vinyl
Fuse 04 - One Thousand And One Night (CD) Ride The Rhythms 541
Groove - The Compilation Volume 4 (2x12") Automatic EFA
Groove - The Compilation Volume 4 (2xCD) Automatic EFA
I Love Techno 5 (CD) The Bells N.E.W.S.
Illegal Techno 3 (2xCD) The Extremist Cyber Production
Mindcontrol 2 (2xCD) Cubango Motor Music
Satisfaxion - Second Volume (2xCD) Black Is The Number Virgin Records (Spain)
Sonar 98 (4xCD) The Bells So Dens
Trax Sampler 009 (CD) Cubango Trax Sampler
Tresor III (CD) Solid Sleep Tresor
Tresor III Compilation (2x12") Solid Sleep Tresor
Decks, EFX & 909 (CD) Call Of The Wild, L8, ... NovaMute
Decks, EFX & 909 (CD) Call Of The Wild, L8, ... Minus
Decks, EFX & 909 (CD) Call Of The Wild, L8, ... SMEJ Associated Records
Detroit. The People Mover | The House Of Motorcity (CD) Move Your Body Sub Terranean
DJF 1100 (CD) Earth And Starless SMEJ Associated Records
DJF 750 (CD) Tango Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
Future Electronica '99 (CD) Solara SMEJ Associated Records
Locomia - The Sessions Volume One (2xCD) The Bells (Original Mix) Kaos Records
Non Stop 2000 (2xCD) The Bells FFRR
Sónar 99 (4xCD) Preview So Dens
10 Days Off Soundtrack #3 (2xCD) The Fuzz (Loophole Mix) Play It Again Sam / PIAS Belgium
A Samuel L. Session On Monoid (CD) Kat Race, Alarms Monoid
Gayle San At The Wheels Of Steel (CD) Call Of The Wild Galvanic
Hardware #05 (2xCD) Circus Hardware
Hardware #06 (2xCD) Condor to Mallorca Hardware
I Love Techno 9 - 5th Anniversary Edition Mixed By T-Quest (CD) Circus, Detached 541
Rewind: The Classics Volume 2 (CD) Jerical, Changes of Life Rewind The Classics
Rxxistance Vol. 1: Era (CD) Sweet Scent Rxxistance
Sonnemondsterne 2000 (CD) Global Factor H&G Records
Wax Sessions #1 (CD) B2F7 So Dens
430 West Presents Detroit Calling (CD) Avenger Concept Music
American Gigolo (CD) Theme From "2000&... Turbo
Biomolecular Rhythms Vol.3 (CD) Robot Replica Molecular
Calambre Techno Produce Sonido (3xCD) Alarms DRO EastWest S.A.
Concept Techno 1.0 (CD) Casa Hardware
Dave Clarke - World Service (2xCD) Robot Replica React
DJ T-1000 - The Last DJ On Earth (CD) Circus, Call Of The Wild Primal Rhythms
Il Était Une Fois Astropolis (CD) Tango (Performance Mix) Human
Illegal Techno 2001 (2xCD) UFO Cyber Production
John Thomas - Caught In The Act (CD) Solid Sleep Logistic Records
Last DJ On Earth (CD) Circus, Call Of The Wild Pure Sonik Records
Luke Slater - Fear And Loathing (2xCD) AX-009B Track A1, Gamm... React
Mayday - 10 In 01 - The Compilation (2xCD) Changes Of Life Low Spirit Recordings
Millennium Spinnin' At Reel Up (CD) Circus (The Big Finale... Sony Music Entertainment (Japan)
PLUS: Technasia: Charles Siegling (CD) Alarms (First Mix) Plus
Sonar 2001 (2xCD) The Keeping Of The Kept SonarMusic
Techno Energy 10 (CD) Reverting Nextera
The Sexy Adventures Of Orietta St Cloud (CD) Main Theme, Nueva Habana Pure Sonik Records
Tresor Compilation Vol. 10 (CD) The Extremist (DNA Mix) Tresor
Tribute To Gazometer II (CD) Robot Replica XXX Records
Vital Sessions (CD) Call Of The Wild Human
Wire01 Compilation (CD) UFO Ki/oon Records
World Service (4x12") Robot Replica React
American Gigolo (CD) Theme from 2000 International Deejay Gigolo Records
Astropolis 2002 (CD) Childhood (Maria's Mix) Human
Deetron In The Mix (CD) Condor To Mallorca Music Man
Erik Caramelo: Archive (CD) The Deep Muquifo Records
Escapism Part One (CD) Scout, Mighty Primal Rhythms
Felix Da Housecat - Excursions (CD) Ticket To Thrillville Obsessive
Fine Audio DJ Mix Series Presents: Ben Sims - Escapism (CD) Scout, Mighty Fine Audio Recordings
Fumiya Tanaka - DJ Mix 1/2 [Mixed.Sound.Space] (2xCD) The Deep, Axis 009 A2 Dream Machine Torema Records
Joey Beltram - Form & Control (CD) Dynamic Brooklyn Music Limited (BML)
Monika Kruse On The Road Vol. 2 (CD) Condor To Mallorca Terminal M
Raw Music Material - Electronic Music DJs Today (2xCD) Spider Formation Not On Label
Rxxistance Vol. 2: Fusion (CD) Call Of The Wild Rxxistance
Sónar 2002 (CD) Moody SonarMusic
Stockholm Mix Sessions 3 (CD) The Deep Turbo
temp.space - Heiko Laux DJ Mix (CD) Keeping The Kept, Perf... Kanzleramt
Trax Sampler 056 (CD) The March Trax Sampler
True Spirit (3xCD) Hypnotist, Late Night ... Tresor
True Spirit (Part I) (2x12") Hypnotist Tresor
Cristian Varela Vs. Carlos Duran: Salón De Mezclas Vol. 3 (2xCD) AX-009 A1, AX-009 A2 Serial Killer Vinyl
Essential Underground Vol. 07: London / New York City - Ben Sims / Christian Smith (2xCD) See The Light Part 1 DJ-sets.com
Excess Luggage (2xCD) The Bells F-Communications
Florida 135: 60 Aniversario (2xCD) The Bells Florida Records
Fuse Presents Technasia (CD) Scenario Music Man
KS02 (CD) The March Trust The DJ
Live At Sónar (CD) Actual B1 SonarMusic
Nite:Life 016 (CD) See This Way NRK Sound Division
Sónar 2003 (2xCD) Every Dog Has Its Day ... Mute Records
Sonar 2003 (2xCD) Every Dog Has Its Day ... Tanga Records
Technoschool Vol. 2 (CD) Hypnotist Nu Rules Recordings
The Japanese Gigolo Inferno (2xCD) Theme From 2000 Music Mine Inc.
The New Electro (CD) Actual b1 (AX-009 C/D) Human
The Sound Of Weetamix Vol. 02 (CD) Outsiders Weetamix Records
Tresor Never Sleeps (CD) The Extremist (DNA Mix) Tresor
Wax Sessions II (CD) The (Part 1) SonarMusic
Exhibitionist - A Jeff Mills Mix (CD) AX-009F Segment 3, Con... Axis
Exhibitionist - A Jeff Mills Mix (CD) AX - 009F (Segment 3)... React
Jeff Mills - Exhibitionist (DVD) Metropolis Intro, Unre... Axis
Jeff Mills - Exhibitionist (DVD) Metropolis Intro, Unre... React
Laurent Garnier - Excess Luggage (2xCD) The Bells F-Communications
Motor City Dayz Vol. 1 (12") Mosainga (Re-Edit), Mo... Psycho Thrill
Motor City Dayz Vol. 1.5 (12") Mosainga (Re-Edit), Mo... Psycho Thrill
Movement - Detroit's Electronic Music Festival 04 (2xCD) AX-009CD B1 Transmat
Movement - Detroit's Electronic Music Festival 04 (3xCD) AX-009CD B1, AX-009CD B1 Soundscape (Japan)
Techno Sessions (2xCD) Automatic Sessions
Trax Hors Série #7 : 20 Ans De Révolution Electronique (CD) The Bells Trax Sampler
Tresor Never Sleeps (MP3) The Extremist (DNA Mix) Tresor

djshiva
03-03-2005, 04:19 AM
yeah, i think we all agree on mills' prolific releases. that's not really the issue.[/list]

tomahawk
03-03-2005, 01:59 PM
yeah, i think we all agree on mills' prolific releases. that's not really the issue.[/list]

:shhh: psssssssssssst...

jon connor
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
:lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==