PDA

View Full Version : Newbie says hello!!!! :)

MARKEG
06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Well I thought seeing as though I haven't posted much on this part of the forum for the last year, I thought I better reintroduce myself hahahaha.

What with problems with the studio and all that, it's been a nightmare. You wouldn't believe how hard we've worked to build our new studio. We had to literally dig down into the ground through pure rock with one of those breaker thingies that road diggers use. Took 3 months of pure sweat and tears and that's before we had to build the walls etc. But now we have the new studio and it's working like a slut with a strap-on, I need to get more involved here :love:

It's funny but it's so easy to run into problems with making music. And good god, we've had our fair share this year as you can imagine. But now we're on it again. Been mastering all those forgotten tracks that we did in the spare bedroom whilst building the studio and OMG the eq was just totally wrong.

It's AMAZING how the right room and acoustic treatment is absolutely ESSENTIAL. right now, what we hear in the new studio is what i hear in the car, the lounge and everywhere else. god knows it took alot of cash and going without to sort that all out. and that's now what i think is the key to music production. after you get to a certain level, there's only so many more new plugins and techniques for compression bass that you can learn. The right room and the fact you can 'see' the music is essential.

Anyway, less of my getting all excited. I just want to say hi to everyone who's help keep this forum what it is since I stoppped posting so much. Had a real good look through the posts and there really is such a wealth of info here. Loads of great advice, great ppl and a need to learn. That's what makes this techno production shit so special. Most ppl really want to learn and help. Nice one everyone.

:clap:

loopdon
06-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Great post, Mark. Glad you are going to post more often, hehe

:clap:

rounser
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
after you get to a certain level, there's only so many more new plugins and techniques for compression bass that you can learn. The right room and the fact you can 'see' the music is essential.
Yah....dance music is funny by the way that the more you learn and try, the more it all seems to boil down to the same narrow range of things again and again.

Welcome aboard...noob. :rambo: ;)

Mindful
07-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Wahay you lucky bleeder(I know its because of hard work ;) )I would do allmost anything for a purpose built room but havent got the mony or knowlage(yet).
Im so glad to hear your going to be hanging about on this part of the forum a bit more.

Some more killer Blackout music from Mark n Chrissi(hope ive spelt that right :oops: )on the horizon.

278d7e64a374de26f==