PDA

View Full Version : FL PATTERN 1 TO PATTERN 2

tracatak
06-02-2005, 11:22 PM
just curious on what you think is the best way to get pattern1 and pattern2 to be the same (including all the plugins on the same settings) so i can slightly alter one without having to copy and paste every setting(obviously some cant be copied)

for example say on pattern 1 i got some reverb and compression and distortion and i want pattern 2 to have the smae thing but i wanna add a filter to just pattern 2 so i can switch back and forth between the 2...liek turing it on and off..i mean should i use sends or soemthing or is this hard to do in fruity....etc etc..so far i been takin hours to copy all the settings and what not..but theres gotta be a faster way..let me know if you can help or if i didnt really explain this well or not...thanks

RDR
06-02-2005, 11:27 PM
dude..

i think a better explanaition would be good.

i been using fruity for 5 years and i didnt get what you meant. i'd like to help, but...

Cheers ;)

j_s
06-02-2005, 11:54 PM
i think i know what you mean.

learn to use the automation function in fruity (starting point: right click whatever you want to automate and then click........ you guessed it, automate). i would explain but it can be a bit wierd to get you head around and running through it in text would be a bit of a nightmare. i'm sure you can find tutorials online....

anyway, once you've learnt how to automate stuff you can get vst's to turn on/off when you want (+ a fckload more), which means you won't have to use a new pattern & effects track each time you want to add an effect over a sound you're already using......

tracatak
08-02-2005, 03:11 AM
shit i cant find the automate button in fruity..waht exactly do i right click on....i been tryin vol knobs....etc...or do i have to right click on fx channels ..im doing searches now..ty...though nonetheless

j_s
08-02-2005, 05:55 PM
right click on anything. volume knobs, mute buttons, whatever - a little drop down menu should appear - choose automate......

i think thats how its done, i dont use fuity loops too often any more.....

tracatak
09-02-2005, 10:45 PM
i dont see a automate button...i see link to controller edit events..etc

Barely Human
11-02-2005, 12:09 AM
This question has been answered so many times :doh:

Right click on the button or knob you want to automate, then select "Edit Events". You will now have an editor. Select a blank pattern and in the playlist, put on block on that pattern where you want the automation to start. Then draw in your changes in the event editor. Hit play and it will folow those changes. If you want to automate a non fruity plugin, then at the top left of the fruity wrapper there is a power plug button, click it and select "Browse Parameters", then find the one you want to automate and select "edit events" again :cool:

AcidTrash
11-02-2005, 03:02 AM
dude..

i think a better explanaition would be good.

i been using fruity for 5 years and i didnt get what you meant. i'd like to help, but...

Cheers ;)

Same here

schlongfingers
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Tracatak.... You need to read the manual :D everything you need is there man!

http://www.fruityloops.com/help

A whole section on automation.

278d7e64a374de26f==