PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - Drowning in my ocean - Industrial

dirty_bass
07-02-2005, 10:04 PM
A new Voidloss project.
Pure industrial music.
Needs some final edits and stutters etc, but is basically done.

I`ll also post a non-vocal, techno version at a later date.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss_Drowning_in_my_Ocean.mp3

audioinjection
07-02-2005, 11:04 PM
wow dude, this is pretty phat, i like that dark atmosphere this track has and the overall production is really nice

only thing is, i'd say the vocal is a bit too low in the mix, and kinda too much around 11-12KHz range, giving that hi breathy sound, but thats just my opinion

but this is a good track, who did these vocals?

xfive
07-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Very nice man! :clap: :clap:
Needs some more low end though I think. I cranked it way up and it seems misbalanced with the top all things considered.

Great vocal work too - that mic does sound good.

Can't wait to hear more ;) :shock: :cool:

fatcollective
07-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Ol Dirty does it again!!
The atmosphere in this tune gives it some real power and its good to hear a kick thats not 4/4. The other perc really works well around it.
Nice 1 :lol:

dirty_bass
07-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Cheers.
Yep, The bass could go deeper. I¬ll work on that.
And the vocals are a little too buried, but it`s my voice and I don`t like hearing it, so I tend to push it back, but I`ll bring it out more.
Cheers lads.

Rog
08-02-2005, 02:52 PM
wicked drum patterns - real trippy - not the kind of thing i 'd feel comfortable playing in a set unless it was all this broken.

however - you know as we have discussed at beats for the streets - i'm really digging broken beat techno - your production is always spot on - not really sure i can give any feedback in terms of production - its always sweet.

the vocal, a little louder..
when the b line rolls in, a little to heavy in the general production - i'd like a sweep as it drops back in, but this is something that you have used before and i know it all needs to be kept fresh ;)

spot on dude :cool:

The Overfiend
08-02-2005, 03:13 PM
No complaints.
Emotional music is better than anything else!

BRADLEE
10-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Pretty darn cool Steve. As I said before I love industrial musik. So you keep hitting that sweet spot!!! :clap: Although I do believe it is still missing something....not sure what, but it needs just another element of some sort ot be totally full. Maybe some ambiant noises of some sort. Just my 2 cents. However the overall tune is amazing and very original :dance:

AcidTrash
11-02-2005, 05:09 AM
I really Like these vocasl. I'd like it to do more a bit earlier though. I know it's a techno track to be mixed tho. Might be me but it sounds a bit flat. Like the swooshy noises.

Mindful
20-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Downloading now cant listen to it at the mo but will have a listen when I get home im sure this is going to be my sort of thing.

j_s
20-02-2005, 09:46 PM
that rolling percussion line that runs through the more electro-ey elements is ****ing sweet. sweeping background noises are cool, distant, but not buried.
lots of interest in the hihats too.
the bass (2nd kick?) does seem a bit abrupt in it's entrance + i ain't too keen on the style of the vocals, but they're well excecuted & sit nicely in the mix.

gary_human
21-02-2005, 12:52 AM
wow!!! would love to fit this into a deep electro/breaks set .

You should be doing film music or music for video games. :clap: enough sci fi films/games out there that would benefit from this type of ill behaviour ;)

QUALITY.

dan the acid man
21-02-2005, 10:37 PM
this is great, those hats remind me of plastikman :cool:

really nice dark and emotional music.

i would just add a bit more low end rumble

basslinejunkie
22-02-2005, 07:08 PM
wow!!! would love to fit this into a deep electro/breaks set .

You should be doing film music or music for video games. :clap: enough sci fi films/games out there that would benefit from this type of ill behaviour ;)

QUALITY.

my thoughts exactly.woooowwww!!!

:clap: :love:

basslinejunkie
22-02-2005, 10:09 PM
can i just add the your voidloss projects NEED releasing.they have been breathtaking.

Adverse
23-02-2005, 05:00 AM
only thing i ever find wrong with these tracks.. and they are fantastic you know how i feel about them... is that the key hooks and grabbers come so far along in the track.

brilliant anyways.

dirty_bass
23-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Their is a reason for this, being that, melodies at the start of a tune, make mixing more difficult, so most of my stuff for the dancefloor has a percussion section at the beginning, fo long mixes.
It is one of the few concessions I make to DJ`s.
But maybe it`s something I should stop doing? (and besides I`m a drummer and I love drums)

Adverse
23-02-2005, 03:05 PM
i think if it's habit and only habit the yes you should.

i hardly think that any concessions need be made.

i think i understand the intent behind the voidloss tracks steve so i'll say this..

drums will always account for only a mild percentage of the expression you wish to exert..

(it seems) you've given them rites over everything else. i'd love to hear you crank one out with the reverse being true. everything but the drums then finally stack em in. now that would be soemthing to hear. we all know how good you are with the rhythm but few of us know how deep you really go. cheers for keeping my interest alive man.

one love mate.

dirty_bass
23-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Hmmm, I feel a challenge, and it`s something I would like to rise to.

I`ll get on it.

Mindful
04-03-2005, 10:17 PM
QUALITY thats what this is pure QUALITY I want a copy yesterday that is what I call music the beats got me wishing I could braekdance mate.
that is the best piece of music I have heard from you man.
very impressed.

detfella
04-03-2005, 10:57 PM
interesting track, but probably not one of my favs from ya tbh!! production is awesome, but i lost interest. i liked the rhythms and groove and all the little edits you make, just didn't keep my interest. maybe it'll be a grower!! ;)

Fordy
06-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Wow, this is awesome!

I have no view from a production angle but this is one amazingly powerfull track, love the way it just builds. I'd love to hear this on a proper system rather than from my pc speakers through my headphones.

When is this released ?

Apex Beat
06-03-2005, 04:35 PM
It sounds like it would sit well with the BMB/surgeon/paul bailey stuff I've been mixing as of late. However maybe its just my ears but the kick/percussion sounds like they are being over run by the ambient weirdness in the background of the track just a touch. I'm not sure quite how I'd react to this in a club enviroment, its extremely deep and challenging. Also not very DJ friendly in the sense it ends and starts quite aburptly - which I thinks been discussed in this thread, but I suppose thats entirely the producers choice. Dark and deep track, with tons of atmosphere - if that was you're intention then I think its safe to say you've suceeded.

smeerkees
06-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Like that bassdrum. Very dirty sound! :clap: Nice percussions. Pretty underground stuff. Cool vocal. Can't make any critical notes about it.

278d7e64a374de26f==