PDA

View Full Version : is this sound card any good!

jon connor
09-02-2005, 03:49 PM
hi guys im perchasing a new sound card for a studio move next week and was wondering if any producers on here have 1 of these.

http://www.edirol.com/products/info/fa101.html

sum hardcore producers have recomended it to me so im stuck whether to go for the trusty old deltaman 10x10 or try somthing new. please let me no if any 1 has this edirol fa 101 and some comments on its performance. thanks guys! much apreciated. ;)

xfive
09-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Depending on how much cash you wanna spend, I would definetly look at other options.
Personally I haven't used one of these...

jon connor
09-02-2005, 06:59 PM
yea man i no ediral do some really good imatations of equipment like sum roland stuff etc...but ive found they are quality in there perfomance there midi controla`s are exellent.......im really more pushed towards the delta man 10x10 + just wanna have some feed back off guys making techno with this peice of equipment. my hardcore freinds are pretty well established producers and they have been banging on at me about this sound card. so im kean to hear some output on this before i buy from techno producers... ;)

xfive
09-02-2005, 07:23 PM
yea man i no ediral do some really good imatations of equipment like sum roland stuff etc...but ive found they are quality in there perfomance there midi controla`s are exellent.......im really more pushed towards the delta man 10x10 + just wanna have some feed back off guys making techno with this peice of equipment. my hardcore freinds are pretty well established producers and they have been banging on at me about this sound card. so im kean to hear some output on this before i buy from techno producers... ;)

Well actually Roland makes Edirol ;)
How much are you trying to spend?

fresh_an_funky_design
09-02-2005, 07:42 PM
dont buy an m-audio card. I know so many people that have had problems with the delta range of soundcards. I've had my delta firewire 4-10 for four months an it still aint working, no thanks to the wankers at turnkey

mrbenn
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
yeh i had a 4/10 the drivers on them are absolute shite

loopdon
09-02-2005, 10:16 PM
i have an esi systems juli@ and am very happy with it. good reviews as well.

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=43&page=1

mattboyslim
09-02-2005, 10:59 PM
a friend of mine uses the edirol above, and gets on fine with it. sturdy piece of kit

j_s
09-02-2005, 11:53 PM
dont buy an m-audio card. I know so many people that have had problems with the delta range of soundcards. I've had my delta firewire 4-10 for four months an it still aint working, no thanks to the wankers at turnkey

i got a delta 66 and its worked fine since the day i got it.

guess it just liked my pc.

sleepy
10-02-2005, 01:03 PM
i have the delta 1010 and not really had any probs with it.

neilried
10-02-2005, 01:25 PM

Have a delta 66 in mine and a 1010lt in the one I just built for a mate and both are completely painless to set up and have worked from the outset...

Though I have no love for the turn key folks either... checky ****ers sold me a DJM500 after having told me the only difference 'tween this and a 600 was the lack of sampler... When in actually fact there are many many differences, like no record output , no fx depth control, no replaceable long throw faders, etc etc. SO I took it back (after 15 days) and told them that I wanted the 600 and heres the extra cash and they refussed to let me do that I had to pay the difference and an obscene restocking fee or be stuck with a mixer they had mis sold me...

RDR
10-02-2005, 06:09 PM

Have a delta 66 in mine and a 1010lt in the one I just built for a mate and both are completely painless to set up and have worked from the outset...

Though I have no love for the turn key folks either... checky **** sold me a DJM500 after having told me the only difference 'tween this and a 600 was the lack of sampler... When in actually fact there are many many differences, like no record output , no fx depth control, no replaceable long throw faders, etc etc. SO I took it back (after 15 days) and told them that I wanted the 600 and heres the extra cash and they refussed to let me do that I had to pay the difference and an obscene restocking fee or be stuck with a mixer they had mis sold me...

the sh*ts. my main problem with them is that they tell you they have something in stock, charge you 10gbp for next day delivery and then it takes ages for something to appear, or they ring you and say "sorry it isnt in stock"

****ers they are. good deals sometimes tho'....

jon connor
10-02-2005, 09:47 PM
a friend of mine uses the edirol above, and gets on fine with it. sturdy piece of kit

cheers man... :clap:

jon connor
10-02-2005, 09:52 PM

Well actually Roland makes Edirol ;)
How much are you trying to spend?

couple hundred quid i want sum solidness going on.i wanna buy a sound card i can get a lot of use out of and will be reliable.isent ther 2 delta cards one is more expensive.? wots that like.or is it the same with more outputs ?

jon connor
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM

looks nice that cheers man :clap: i will have another gary gweld at that. :study:

loopdon
10-02-2005, 10:52 PM

looks nice that cheers man :clap: i will have another gary gweld at that. :study:

ps, ze miguel once named that card, that's why i had a look at it in the first place. :rambo:

Craig McW
10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
This is the product I'm saving my dollars for. I have the http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ua1d.html just for hooking my decks etc into the laptop for sampling/recording purposes, and yeah it's a dicky little product, but I've never had an issue with it in terms of sound quality....

Scott Kemix
11-02-2005, 11:11 AM

Depends on how much you spend really, i have a m-audio delta 1010lt and have had no prob's at all and i am in the studio for long sessions at a time. M-Audio cards are good, and you cant go wrong with the 1010 series, but MOTU828 is what i am upgrading to. ;)

jon connor
11-02-2005, 04:45 PM
sounds decent that scot. so is your delta diffrent to ste wayens etc. you have to excuse me im not to up on these . and also how much was your upgrade ? let us no. ;)

Kevin Gorman
11-02-2005, 07:09 PM
hi guys im perchasing a new sound card for a studio move next week and was wondering if any producers on here have 1 of these.

http://www.edirol.com/products/info/fa101.html

sum hardcore producers have recomended it to me so im stuck whether to go for the trusty old deltaman 10x10 or try somthing new. please let me no if any 1 has this edirol fa 101 and some comments on its performance. thanks guys! much apreciated. ;)

I have a M-Audio Delta 1010lt and ive never had problems with it, definitly a good buy

jon connor
12-02-2005, 05:26 PM
yep i no they are pretty solid.....so its looking more like the 10 10 now...theres nothing thats turning me on so to speak realy about the edirol.......at least i no that the 10 10 has a good reputation so will probably go for it......thanks fellas! :clap:

ollie303
12-02-2005, 09:11 PM
you may want to have a look at the terratec range , i used a ews88mt on a p.c before upgrading and its a wicked card. and highly rated (it wont work on a mac though) I got mine for £400 ages ago i expect the price has droppd alot by now.
also bare in mind that all these 10 in 10 out cards only have 4sterio ins 4 sterio outs and a midi i/o, alot of people get confused and expect 10 channel audio output, you may well no that but someone who reads through here may learn something.

jon connor
13-02-2005, 05:23 PM
cheers man i will av a look for it....... :clap: have a gander at it :study:

fatcollective
13-02-2005, 05:33 PM
you may want to have a look at the terratec range , i used a ews88mt on a p.c before upgrading and its a wicked card. and highly rated (it wont work on a mac though) I got mine for £400 ages ago i expect the price has droppd alot by now.
also bare in mind that all these 10 in 10 out cards only have 4sterio ins 4 sterio outs and a midi i/o, alot of people get confused and expect 10 channel audio output, you may well no that but someone who reads through here may learn something.

good point man, we got a delta 10 10, but now need something with more outs so we can fully use the desk. MOTU 828 coming soon :lol:

Scott Kemix
13-02-2005, 05:40 PM
The motu 828 still only has 8 outputs, just like the 1010, though it is expandable, but more cash again

278d7e64a374de26f==