PDA

View Full Version : Fading FX with Wavelab/Soundforge

massplanck
08-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Alright guys..

First post here. Love the site! Its a pity that Mark EG has something to do with it though! ;) (You will learn to love my lethal brand of sarcasm)

Is there anyway of 'gradually' fading in a DX effect with either of these two progs? i.e make a selection, at the start of the selection the fx level is at 0 and at the end its say 100?? I know I could get around this by using automation in abelton or some other sequencer but I need to be able to do it with wavestolen or soundforged.

Up yours.
Steve

MARKEG
08-05-2003, 01:33 PM
it's a pity you've joined the board m8, but i suppose we'll all have to just deal with it (you'll learn to love my own brand of sarcasm too) :wink:

hehe

yeah this is a good point. the only plug that i have that works over time is the fusion filter. is there and reverb/delay ones out there where you can draw in a time line?

DJZeMig_L
09-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Gotta check... this but I know in the past u could record in real-time hence if u played with a knob U would record yer tweeks... BUT this option is gonne (not 100% sure) now u do render.. meaning that's an offline process!

But U can use the project window and then add an efx slot, then all u have 2 do is draw the sends envelope!!! Not sure if u can automate just any parameter ... I think not!! :(

If this is a must just fire up cubase SX and do it there!!

Not sure if this will help much...

Z

massplanck
09-05-2003, 02:59 PM
[quote="

But U can use the project window and then add an efx slot, then all u have 2 do is draw the sends envelope!!!

Z[/quote]

nice one. just being able to use the sends will do...

278d7e64a374de26f==