PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Wilson - Magnetics 001

The Overfiend
11-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Ok,
Now very rarely do I hear a whole ep
And have something dramatically magnificent to say about it.
But in this case, I am thoroughly impressed.
Any naysayers on Glenn's previous body of work are in for a rude awakening, cause this is a straight breathe of fresh air.

The A1 track is a pure reflection of rhythm, funk, and straight up everything that was good about house music, in a techno track.
Stabs, synths, song structure, funky ass bit of breakbeat for the breakdown and vocal climax which will be used in plenty of dj sets to come. I'll put my money on that for sure. It really isn't like anything you've heard from him in a long time.

The B1 is Crack, addictive. More to the cadence of drums you would consider dependable from a Wilson track in a set, but the synths are melodic and a real nice additive. But it is the breakdown that sets this apart showing a very compositional approach to his newer material.

B2 Is when we get back the realness that straight banging shit you expect from Glenn. Heavy bassline, rapid changing percs, and a haunting vocal. Definitely going to be a dj favorite for sure.

Like I said I'm not one to sweat anyone's ep from start to finish, but I can't wait to see the reaction to this when it drops.

killarava2day
11-02-2005, 09:37 AM
This sounds really good!

Is this another GWM label?

massplanck
11-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Ok,

Any naysayers on Glenn's previous body of work are in for a rude awakening, cause this is a straight breathe of fresh air.

Maybe its a just rude awakening for him due to all the slaggin he has got?

Looking forward to hearing it.

Drago
11-02-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing it - anything that comes from Glenn's "stable" is instantly worth a listen for me :!:

gumpy green
11-02-2005, 12:34 PM
good stuff....is it out yet ...any samples for us to check...

not bought any gw or planet rythm shit for ages.....

jon connor
11-02-2005, 01:10 PM
give me it.........where is it i want it nowwwwwww!!!!!! :bash: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: where is coming out first wot shops will av it :study: ......ill be in there like a ferrit down a rabbit whole.... :love: :love: :love: :love: go on glen ladddd!!!!! lets av it! :rambo:

"the welsh hills are alive once again with the sound of wilson"...... :dance:

Dj Audiowz
11-02-2005, 03:00 PM
:twisted: :twisted: ... go on jon avit my son, any sound clips people??

jon connor
11-02-2005, 03:48 PM
well its nice to be excited about somthing with the rest of the bullshit going on in the forum..glen is a top geeza! although i wasent sure a new label was necesary as a record buyer....he does have many labels which could cater for his work so i will be kean to hear a press release about this label etc.....mabey sam could do a glen wilson interveiw or somthing in the interveiw section would be much apreciated. :clap:

Traxx
11-02-2005, 05:05 PM
mabey sam could do a glen wilson interveiw or somthing in the interveiw section would be much apreciated. :clap:

There's been a interview with glenn in that section for over a month already.

The Overfiend
11-02-2005, 05:19 PM
:doh:

jon connor
11-02-2005, 05:34 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

sorry sam i missed it hahahahah!

Antonio:
You mentioned before Magnetics, care to share more?
GM Multimedia:
Well Magnetics basically will be an combined evolution of the labels i have stopped but with a more up to date graphical and concept feeling; even from the logo the concept is apparent

dats cleared it up. :crackup:

FUSION
11-02-2005, 07:43 PM
give me it.........where is it i want it nowwwwwww!!!!!! :bash: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: where is coming out first wot shops will av it :study: ......ill be in there like a ferrit down a rabbit whole.... :love: :love: :love: :love: go on glen ladddd!!!!! lets av it! :rambo:

"the welsh hills are alive once again with the sound of wilson"...... :dance:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha you mad bastard jon :lol: heard a sample of this in the promotion forum,,, cant wait , good to see glenns back

dan the acid man
11-02-2005, 09:25 PM
i heard the little sample he put in the promotion forum, really good stuff once again, im excited about this release :cool:

The Overfiend
11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
http://www.gm-multimedia.com/audio/mag1.mp3

This that snip from the promotions section.
Thought it was necessary to show people I ain't talking out my ass.
This is the B2

jon connor
12-02-2005, 05:06 PM

This is the B2

shaken that ass! shaking that ass! :dance: cant wait hear the rest! :rambo:

jon connor
12-02-2005, 05:14 PM
:love: "the welsh hills are alive once again with the sound of wilson"...... :dance:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha you mad bastard jon :lol: heard a sample of this in the promotion forum,,, cant wait , good to see glenns back

hahaha! people think im joking about the hills are alive with wilson.guarntee if you went camping in somware like Llanberis/bethesda in north wales and the surounding area on a weekend. you may have the distinct sound of wilson in the wind. :love:

wilson is 1 of the most played artist in the free paties up here he is a crusty god! and boy do his tunes sound diffrent in more organic venues. its hot stuff! im privilaged to have experienced such events. :love:

Kevin Gorman
12-02-2005, 06:36 PM

This is the B2

I really dig this track, the drums and synth just make you want to move

steelgrooves
12-02-2005, 07:35 PM
DAMN sounds good! cant wait for this one!

gary_human
13-02-2005, 12:29 PM

This is the B2

Glenn Wislon on fire :love: - new year new label :lol: Sounds quality - cant wait to get my mits on this :dance:

The Divide
13-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Nice

poisoned antidote
13-02-2005, 07:00 PM
thats fukin sweet!
he's definatley got his ass in gear. :cool:

Sunil
13-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Really like this, best thing I've heard from him in a while.

poisoned antidote
15-02-2005, 03:12 PM
any1 got any idea of the release date on this little number?

The Overfiend
15-02-2005, 04:10 PM
End of February

gunjack
15-02-2005, 04:14 PM
didnt dig the audio sample very much but uge flipped for it. :eh:

Joseph Isaac
15-02-2005, 04:21 PM
ill be in there like a ferrit down a rabbit whole....

I'm officially using this, Stateside!

jon connor
15-02-2005, 04:34 PM
hahahahah love it! :lol:

Daire
15-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Sounds wikid! :clap:

djlukas
16-02-2005, 07:52 AM
i think i heard these tracks on december... if its the stuff i think it is get ready for a great release!

keep it up glenn!

respect

Lukas

jon connor
16-02-2005, 08:38 PM
you jammy! swine!!!!!! :love: :lol:

deCipal
17-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Damn... cant wait for this one!!

Love that vocal snip :rambo:

machina
23-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Got this on white the other day - just thought i'd revive this thread because it's ridiculously awesome.

machina

poisoned antidote
23-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Got this on white the other day - just thought i'd revive this thread because it's ridiculously awesome.

machina

tis a beast.

DELTA9MDA
24-03-2005, 04:31 AM
its coming in the mail.

DELTA9MDA
07-04-2005, 04:34 PM
it came yesterday.

b2 is especially nasty.
a1 im not a vocal lover, but im coming around now. this one can rock out some clubs.

TRB
07-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Check the audio of the number 002 : www.glennwilson.info

:twisted:

machina
08-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Sounds like magnetics 2 is gonna be awesome as well :D

machina

djlukas
08-04-2005, 02:58 AM
i just recieved this record and i think i and many other people on the dance floor will have a lot of fun with it hehehehe!

i cant wait to play it...

Lukas

poisoned antidote
08-04-2005, 01:57 PM
i cant wait to play it...

definatley! its gettin rinsed in a couple of weeks.

278d7e64a374de26f==