PDA

View Full Version : Danny Marsh - "In the future we are"

romelpotter
11-02-2005, 10:31 AM
This is a more upbeat track with a rolling hooky synth line, please any thaughts would be good.

Danny Marsh - "In the Future we are"

http://www.soundclick.us/fastk6/09/01/freemp3/romelpotter+inthefutureweare.mp3

ta very muchly like :lol:

dirty_bass
11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I`m assuming you`ve not been making techno for a long time here.
This is quite intersting. It sounds like computer game music, but with good production this could be a pretty good track. The ideas hold it up.

As for what it needs.
Good subtractive EQ, compression, phatter sounds, FX, more variation in the velocities.

As a starter this is good. You have a lot to learn, but at least you are working in a original way. Which is more than can be said for a lot of more pro sounding producers.

romelpotter
11-02-2005, 12:49 PM
computer game music!!! - nice one kidda

romelpotter
11-02-2005, 12:54 PM
this all sucks - i am dissabling the link, i may post in a couple of months once its all calmed down :evil: :evil:

dirty_bass
11-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Not intending to cause offence mate.
But the choice of sounds are very thin, and it sounds like computer game music because of this (I`m talking old style computer games, when the music was good).

With more analogue synthesis and good use of panning and compression the sounds should phatten up.

AcidMutant
11-02-2005, 01:55 PM
I really like this.

Replace the drum sounds for some with a little more 'bite' and 'attitude' - the open hats / cymbals are nice that kick in halfway through but the rest I'd be tempted to change but maybe EQing them could work?

I quite like the synth sounds - I'm guessing there's a lot of layering going on in there...

Some very nice old skool techno sounding bits in there and I like the fading between the layers.

Alot could be done to help this track with EQ-ing the synths / drums and adding some compression. It also depends on what your using for the EQ but if you can automate it you can get some nice filter-ish effects by having the mid EQ's sweep across the frequencies if your sampler (guessing samples for some of the synth bits) cannot handle filters. Even if it can then doing this is more like an 'additive bandpass' on top of the signal.

Then maybe just adding the odd sound effect???

This could be a real stormer with a bit of polishing and work! ;)

I love "simple" techno tracks like this, the beauty and the work though is in the polishing/finalising to get the final sounds, even though musically they are not complex, sonically they are!

Keep it up, I want to hear what you do to this one! :clap: :clap:

romelpotter
11-02-2005, 05:28 PM
thanks for the feedback everyone, i am not using any samples just using midi wit absynth and kontact for drums.

audioinjection
11-02-2005, 10:11 PM
yeah, i think if this track was done more proper, it can sound really phat, it just sounds too thin right now

work on the mix down and see what happens

romelpotter
14-02-2005, 11:00 PM
i have updated the track, please let me know - better/worse

i have added a couple of drum/rhythm samples and stuff, added a new kick and change3dthe snare reverb.

http://www.soundclick.us/fastk6/10/01/freemp3/romelpotter+inthefutureweare.mp3

any comments :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==