PDA

View Full Version : The right forum this time.Exporting and Importing Wave Files

DJ Corbzy
09-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Sorry I posted this in the Hard Trance/Rave Discussion Forum and have removed it and put it here. D'oh!

Hmmmm, I am just grasping fruity here and I'm having a problem, I have a riff in real format and i want to import it to fruity so that it can be used as a sample. But the riff is set at 72bpm, my tune is 140. Basically I want to get it so that its at 140bpm but still sounds right and fits in at 16 beats without overlapping....know what i mean? Probably Not. If anyone understands anything I have just said, PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

Thank You

Oh yeah, Ive tried chopping it and such in Acid...no luck. :cry:

MARKEG
09-05-2003, 01:19 AM
well i don't know if you can actually do this in fruity. i don't use the program that much but it's a pretty advanced feature in music programs and i'm sure i'd know about it if you could. if i wanted to take a riff and make it to a certain tempo, i'd use sonic foundry's acid. then you'd export the wav and use it in fruity at the right tempo.

but then again, i don't know if acid imports rm files...

rm is a really bad format. your riff will sound really bad in quality. why the hell you'd want to use an rm file i'll never know :? stick with wavs or aiffs... mp3's are ok too but often really compressed and therefore loose alot......

DJ Corbzy
09-05-2003, 11:09 AM
its a wave file thats played through real media.

Chazbloke
09-05-2003, 12:09 PM
there is a time-streeching feature in Sound Forge 5 (in previous versions too), i assume its like the one acid, but i could never understand the acid one...
in SF, highlight what you want to speed up, then goto Process/Time Stretch...
basicly, if want to speed it up, shrink it, if you want it to go for longer, expand it...
you can change the may it works it out (time, bpm or percentage) so if you change it to BPM...
to do it by BPM, you have to set the inital BPM of the track, this is done in Special/Edit Tempo - here you would put 72..
then go back to the Time Stretch menu and enter the new BPM you want it to be (140)...
now this will speed the track up, without affecting the overall pitch..
BUT, you may have to play about with the MODE settings, as you may find some weired flanging, echo comes into play...
i used to use this method when making mash-ups... never doubled the BPM of a track, only went as far as say 10 bpm more...
would it not work if you were to take the bpm down to 70 and have the riff at half the speed of the beats (i dunno if that works with trance, but it works with rap samples and hardcore)
hope this helps.
Chaz.

DJ Corbzy
09-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Cheers Chaz... I shall commence at once, undoubtitly this will lower the quality of my riff?

DJZeMig_L
11-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Convert the file into wav ... sf or wavelab should do it!

In fruity, load it the sample 2 a channel... now click on its name 2 get the properties... U should find a small screen with the wave, on top of this there is a little field that looks like this STEP : - -, change the number of steps... example : If yer sample is one bar long (and u r working with a 16 step pattern) just type 16!! ... 32 for 2 bars and so on...

The only shi*y bit about this is that it will always play at the same tone (pitch)... the time streaching that fruity does is preaty reasonable... some time the sound gets a bit fuc**d, but sometimes that same prob. makes the sample sound a little different,... dare I say Unique!! :P

Hope this helpz,

Z

log:one
12-05-2003, 06:56 PM
OR... load up the fruity slicer... it'll chop it up into slices and then you can play them at wahtever tempo you like. i find this much tighter than timestretching, its blinding for loops too

DJ Corbzy
13-05-2003, 02:35 PM
yeynit log :D

278d7e64a374de26f==