PDA

View Full Version : UK TECHNOVUL this a must! nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

jon connor
13-02-2005, 05:00 PM
ok guys hear is my idea ,theres a lot of talk on who is doing wot not enough action this that and the other...right then tell me wot you think of this.
In the uk there is no real foundation ,we need 1 big body of all the underground artist etc. right then i perpose a uk technovul once a year in the summer,this should be a weekend event spread over 2 3 days or somthing.

i would like to see how dedicated techno artist realy are to the uk scene.there should be market stalls label stores all sorts of uk techno merchandise on offer.......its done in barcelona why not here. :eh:

obviously this is somthing that is going to take a lot of time and effort,it will take a lot of people pulling strings etc but however it will be a step in the right direction.

i would look for promters label owners managment wot ever all to come together for 1 show each year.

now then i could probably organise some land, and also a major extreme sports contest to coincide with the evnt to make more intersting.
wot im looking for is the services of all major uk techno artist¬s this should be a multi arena event right through the whole underground techno spectrum from electro to banging schranz....

now then cost is going to be a big thing so a sponsor may be needed along with the trusty sevices of our uk techno artist offering there services for free! :shock: yes i said it free! why! because this event should be scaled down and more affordable to the people you are showcaseing your products to. also it will be a good move from you guys at the top to show you actually do care about the scene in the uk and not just how many units you have sold this week!
;)
now i no there is a magnetude of power in you b.o.a if we care about our scene enough in the uk then i think this a good idea!
why is a good idea? well its like this when a tree grows it also grows lot of branches ;) think about it!

we need this in the uk.........ITS GAGGING FOR IT! so guys cummon wot do you think!
:eh:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

( no shitty! posts in here just positive response please! cummon guys turn them brain engines on ;) )

eyes without a face
13-02-2005, 05:37 PM
sounds wikid, this cud seriously go off, im sure there are loads of people on here even some of the more established names who wud love to be involved, this could be alot of fun but wud need some organising thats for sure!

but yeah wikid idea

jon connor
13-02-2005, 05:54 PM
yea a lot of organising is why it doesent need to be rushed! the land etc wont be a problem,,also sound systems either, i no a lot of people in diffrent areas and 1 is the opus sound systyems,( u will see these sysytems at glasstonberry etc )i could try arrange a deal with them so as they can show case there stuff to this why i need a sponsor im on it at the moment. its been in the pipeline for a while now.its just time for action now and to get the ball rolling.! ;)

schlongfingers
13-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Jon, the whole point of a teknival is non corporate, to even entertain the idea of any kind of sponsorship completely undermines the ethos.

I'm not saying that what you suggest is a bad idea, but that you shouldn't call it a teknival when it's not :D

schlongfingers
13-02-2005, 06:21 PM
If you find some land and sort it without sponsorship or paying entry, and operate an all sound systems welcome policy - like a teknival, then wicked.

Bear in mind that this is of course very illegal in the uk, and if you get caught you'll probably be buttering your arse.

jon connor
13-02-2005, 06:56 PM
If you find some land and sort it without sponsorship or paying entry, and operate an all sound systems welcome policy - like a teknival, then wicked.

Bear in mind that this is of course very illegal in the uk, and if you get caught you'll probably be buttering your arse.

yes it will be dude! but you no as well as i do nothing comes for free nomore! i was thinking of more on the lines of a energy drink.i have 1 company intersted for a project im going to do in wales. now then we cant just bowl in there and run it like a big mass free party i could arrange somthing like that in a short space of time no probs,but thats just asking for trouble from authorities ive been there ive put partys on for years.we need sum proper organisation on this.....also a lot of interset from abroad to, yes they want to cum play and offer there services for free and promote there own stuff! but i would have to cough up sum flights etc in return for the favour + to be honnest i couldent afford it hens the idea of a sponsor! ;) now i dont want this to be a comersial bollox like we see at cream feilds etc! this should be a new age radical extreme event and a gathering for the people! ;)

jon connor
13-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Jon, the whole point of a teknival is non corporate, to even entertain the idea of any kind of sponsorship completely undermines the ethos.

I'm not saying that what you suggest is a bad idea, but that you shouldn't call it a teknival when it's not :D

look mate the names not an issue here i just called it that coz i couldent think of anything else to explain to people wot i want to do....we will call it the gathering for now. ;) its a long way off! 2006 but if its planned right with time and effort it will happen........mabey i will do a trial version like you say in the summer! an teknovul! yea sod it ! leave it with me man...... ;)

jon connor
13-02-2005, 07:24 PM
id like to ad to this to, if we can pull 50,000 people plus to this event which i dont seem to be inposible! then who the hell is going to begrudge donating a couple of quid or even a fiver! it all mounts up and will pay for 1 hell of a party.... i aint done any acounts yet but ummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! how much does it cost a normal joe bloggs to go to creamfeilds/or gods kitchen etc outdoor mass rip off events....you are talking a lot of money for a ticket. so i think we can do it on a couple of quid each! + wots that for the amount of entertainment and getting absolutly ass wholed for a weekend wit ya freinds. i will have to work my nuts off to do this but who gives a toss! if it helps the uk techno scene and the music i love then so be it ill pimp me misses sell me ass wot ever it takes. :rambo: im joking but you hear me dudes! ;)

dirty_bass
13-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Ok, well, firstly, you can`t call it a teknival unless it is one, which it isn`t.
Teknival = Free, open rig policy, non commercial, anti authority.

So what you are proposing is a festival.

I`m all for it, but, an event of 50,000 is unlikely, not for free.
Cos you need security, a lot of it, and you are looking at about 60-100 quid per guard, per day, and roughly 100 guards.

That`s basic off the cuff figures.

Licensing, is the most important.

Exodus set the precedent for running the first free, legal festival, and getting a license, especially for a real big event is virtually impossible without masses of cash, various residents and council permissions etc.

I`d like to talk about it, but I don`t think techno alone can support something this large in this country.

However something a bit smaller and more realistic, with maybe 10, 000 max capacity, is more manageable.

schlongfingers
13-02-2005, 09:07 PM
yes it will be dude! but you no as well as i do nothing comes for free nomore!

Teknivals do :D that's the point!

i was thinking of more on the lines of a energy drink.i have 1 company intersted for a project im going to do in wales. now then we cant just bowl in there and run it like a big mass free party i could arrange somthing like that in a short space of time no probs,but thats just asking for trouble from authorities ive been there ive put partys on for years.we need sum proper organisation on this.....also a lot of interset from abroad to, yes they want to cum play and offer there services for free and promote there own stuff! but i would have to cough up sum flights etc in return for the favour + to be honnest i couldent afford it hens the idea of a sponsor! ;) now i dont want this to be a comersial bollox like we see at cream feilds etc! this should be a new age radical extreme event and a gathering for the people! ;)

Sounds like a festival as DB says - steer clear of using the word teknival, you'll put a LOT of peoples noses out otherwise.

In terms of paying for flights for showcases - even Sonar doesn't do that! If people want to come and showcase they should foot the bill - don't place an unnecessary burden upon yourself geezer.

Am more than willing to help you out with this, and know loads of other who would as well - but work out what yer doing, either a pay party or a fecking rave innit :D

jon connor
14-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Ok, well, firstly, you can`t call it a teknival unless it is one, which it isn`t.
Teknival = Free, open rig policy, non commercial, anti authority.

So what you are proposing is a festival.

I`m all for it, but, an event of 50,000 is unlikely, not for free.
Cos you need security, a lot of it, and you are looking at about 60-100 quid per guard, per day, and roughly 100 guards.

That`s basic off the cuff figures.

Licensing, is the most important.

Exodus set the precedent for running the first free, legal festival, and getting a license, especially for a real big event is virtually impossible without masses of cash, various residents and council permissions etc.

I`d like to talk about it, but I don`t think techno alone can support something this large in this country.

However something a bit smaller and more realistic, with maybe 10, 000 max capacity, is more manageable.

true is the whole reason i say it would need a sponsor.
this year im playing in estonia at a street rave in august. we have a promotion truck with my freinds from uk and estonia and a lot of big names playing for free,it will be a 2 day fesstival last year it pulled 70,000 people .why cant this happen in the uk. ? anyway its not about numbers i was just hypothysising(cant spell dat :eh: ) so to speak.alls im trying to encourage is somthing thats diffrent, i would like to see somthing like this happen. ;) its seems the guys abroad are kiking our ass wen it comes down to these sort of things.and fairplay to them to . :clap:

im hearing you steve. ;) anyways like i say i posted this to see if any labels etc would be interested everything else for now is not an issue.i need to no whether it would be worth going for it. ;)

so now lets hear it how many of you would be intrested ?
if its a waist of time its a waist of time so wot, we still in the same place we are now nothings changed. an idea is an idea if its a crap 1 we wont do it simple as. ;)

FUSION
14-02-2005, 12:09 AM
i think thats a well good idea, its true it works in other countries so why cant it work here on a smaller scale,,,,,,,, gettin a sponser intrested is the problem as we all know theres not much money in uk techno

jon connor
14-02-2005, 12:13 AM
yes it will be dude! but you no as well as i do nothing comes for free nomore!

Teknivals do :D that's the point!

i was thinking of more on the lines of a energy drink.i have 1 company intersted for a project im going to do in wales. now then we cant just bowl in there and run it like a big mass free party i could arrange somthing like that in a short space of time no probs,but thats just asking for trouble from authorities ive been there ive put partys on for years.we need sum proper organisation on this.....also a lot of interset from abroad to, yes they want to cum play and offer there services for free and promote there own stuff! but i would have to cough up sum flights etc in return for the favour + to be honnest i couldent afford it hens the idea of a sponsor! ;) now i dont want this to be a comersial bollox like we see at cream feilds etc! this should be a new age radical extreme event and a gathering for the people! ;)

Sounds like a festival as DB says - steer clear of using the word teknival, you'll put a LOT of peoples noses out otherwise.

In terms of paying for flights for showcases - even Sonar doesn't do that! If people want to come and showcase they should foot the bill - don't place an unnecessary burden upon yourself geezer.

Am more than willing to help you out with this, and know loads of other who would as well - but work out what yer doing, either a pay party or a fecking rave innit :D

ok ok ok ok :bash: stop this bloody teknovul bloody misshap! how the hell am my suposed to no its a forbiden word i explained that up there anyway ya big plonka! anyone reading this i hear by declare i made a mistake by calling it a teknovul. soryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! :crackup:
i mean a festival of some sort yes .thanks schlongfingers cheers for the encouragement there i no many people would be interested in this to if we can get everyone off there arse this will happen. ;)

cheers man! :clap:

jon connor
14-02-2005, 12:18 AM
i think thats a well good idea, its true it works in other countries so why cant it work here on a smaller scale,,,,,,,, gettin a sponser intrested is the problem as we all know theres not much money in uk techno

nope not techno but other stuff! leave dat to me. theres a lot im not saying here because ive researched a lot about this already! im just kean to hear feed back on the idea of it and wot people would offer as an input! i dont want to sit here an act like this is a single hannded effort either this should be a joint effort by all you guys and who ever.......

cheers fusion thanks for the support geeza! :clap:

gary_human
14-02-2005, 12:23 AM
sounds like a really good idea.

this is what i initially thought when i read through:

Iif its gonna be three days - you wanna incorporate a lot of different types of techno or electronic music - keep it interesting - then if its advertised as an electronic festival or whatever it doesnt sound as scary to all old fogies/council who may oppose the permission. Have the proper dance stuff or head :bash: bangin stuff at nite

if you got in with a charity it may be harder for people in hierachy to 'oppose' it and every one loves doin something for chariteee mate :lol:

just a couple of ideas which came of the top of the dome :lol: :lol:

jon connor
14-02-2005, 12:34 AM
sclongfingers you mentioned sonar...now then do you think it would be possible to interest someone like that for a uk thing .i no that cocoon had a big stall there + a big input last year they are somone else i wouldent mind aproaching..... ;) its people like this who are kicking ass at the moment i tell ya! even on here i see stuff about techno pride in Brazil another amazing event so wots happening here once a year ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think same line up in the same events, you knows it geeza! ;)

i will even go this year i think to investigate for myself to sonar! surley we can av somthing like that in the uk? dont ya reckon. :eh:

j sainsbury
14-02-2005, 05:27 PM
well , lats year my a group of people i know organised one, everyone was well hyped up about it but not very many people turned up, there was a fair few rigs there but unfortunatly this was on the same night as the storm / survival festival in wales who pull a massive crowd, there is alarge underground movement already but the crews are far to lazy an unorganised for anything to kick off now because of what has happened in the past, i know a lot of free party crews an even do free parties myself with the rig but just recenetly the police have been coming down hard on any parties, this does cause a MASSIVE problem an in the last 1 - 2 years the number of people going to parties has dropped like mad, last year there where a few good masive partes, uk tek / moot in wales in trefill quarry, a lot of people turned up to this , an it did go on for 3 days, but after the 1st night there was more systems than people an half the crew, maybe even more , went home, other partyt was blue moon moot in wales, this was huge, took abpout half an hour to walk up it with one rig every 10 meteres, again at night there was a lot of people but in the day people tend to leave,, there is no point having lots of rigs an massive parties if the punters will not turn up, its very hard to get everyone togther on one weekend doing the same thing, thats why there is a lot more smaller undergound parties that go off by different crews each weeekend,

if you look in europe the teknivals are massive an always kick off, well most the time, an they have massive systems, venues, an lots of people there for the whole time it is on, this is because they are much more close an another reason is the law over there doesnt actualy allow free parties, when they do go off they get shut down, peopel get arrested, sound systems burnt, so a lot of crews have come togtehr with the law an arranged a date or 2 each year they are allowed a party, hence this is only 1 or 2 days a year everyone is in on it, so they are massive an always kick off,

teknivals in europe are not just parties, its a culture of people an takes a whole lot more to create that than organiseing a few partis in the uk which will just end up more hassle having an organising than its worth the ris taking,

j sainsbury
14-02-2005, 05:28 PM
longest thing i have ever written :lol:

j sainsbury
14-02-2005, 05:28 PM
p.s

expect a uk tek this summer, ;)

jon connor
14-02-2005, 10:02 PM
well , lats year my a group of people i know organised one, everyone was well hyped up about it but not very many people turned up, there was a fair few rigs there but unfortunatly this was on the same night as the storm / survival festival in wales who pull a massive crowd, there is alarge underground movement already but the crews are far to lazy an unorganised for anything to kick off now because of what has happened in the past, i know a lot of free party crews an even do free parties myself with the rig but just recenetly the police have been coming down hard on any parties, this does cause a MASSIVE problem an in the last 1 - 2 years the number of people going to parties has dropped like mad, last year there where a few good masive partes, uk tek / moot in wales in trefill quarry, a lot of people turned up to this , an it did go on for 3 days, but after the 1st night there was more systems than people an half the crew, maybe even more , went home, other partyt was blue moon moot in wales, this was huge, took abpout half an hour to walk up it with one rig every 10 meteres, again at night there was a lot of people but in the day people tend to leave,, there is no point having lots of rigs an massive parties if the punters will not turn up, its very hard to get everyone togther on one weekend doing the same thing, thats why there is a lot more smaller undergound parties that go off by different crews each weeekend,

if you look in europe the teknivals are massive an always kick off, well most the time, an they have massive systems, venues, an lots of people there for the whole time it is on, this is because they are much more close an another reason is the law over there doesnt actualy allow free parties, when they do go off they get shut down, peopel get arrested, sound systems burnt, so a lot of crews have come togtehr with the law an arranged a date or 2 each year they are allowed a party, hence this is only 1 or 2 days a year everyone is in on it, so they are massive an always kick off,

teknivals in europe are not just parties, its a culture of people an takes a whole lot more to create that than organiseing a few partis in the uk which will just end up more hassle having an organising than its worth the ris taking, :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: thankyou for this post j exellent. we definatly need somthing like this in the uk.this another reason i said this couldent be run like a free partie because it would be a nightmare in this country so some organisation and lias with the law will have to be a must.

jon connor
14-02-2005, 10:06 PM
p.s

expect a uk tek this summer, ;)

stop stop! :wicked: dont tell me i will be cracking 1 off in a minute.. :love:

alls i can say to that is foooookinnnnn avit! :rambo:

herman
16-02-2005, 01:08 PM
There is the Encompass festival thing this year in London which very much seems inspired by Sonar.

Encompass (http://www.encompass-london.com)

jon connor
16-02-2005, 01:24 PM
good very good but its London hardly a sense of freedom...i think a huge festival of such should be held in a place like cornwal,its a gettaway for everyone from the fast city that is London.im from wales an admit wen im in London i cant relax and enjoy myself because the place is quite frankly off its head! :shock: so great to hear the insperation from the sonnar thing but i cant see it going down to well in London . or it may do i just feel somthing like this should be away from all the lifes and striffs of a city! and a safer option all the same! ;)

dirty_bass
16-02-2005, 01:36 PM
I think cornwall is a nightmare in terms of the councils and stuff.
We had loads of trouble organising the eclipse festival that we did.
South england or west, but not cornwall or devon may be better.

j sainsbury
16-02-2005, 05:33 PM
we had the uk tek in a nice little quarry in nottingham. now that was lush

jon connor
16-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I think cornwall is a nightmare in terms of the councils and stuff.
We had loads of trouble organising the eclipse festival that we did.
South england or west, but not cornwall or devon may be better.

yep i no steve! but its ok i have a freind who is a female techno dj and also works for the goverment with land etc i dont no all the details its her work but she has told me it wouldent be a problem.......she could sort it.

also there is a new charity which she runs called the celtic trust.wot this in tails is every 1 who donates gets a peice of land with there name on it,the idea beeing the more names owning 1 peice of land it stops people beeing able to build on it...like on historical land etc...... so there are many ways to get the land for such an event thats not a problem its whether or not people would be up for it.....its just an option thats there if its needed. ;)

jon connor
16-02-2005, 08:33 PM
we had the uk tek in a nice little quarry in nottingham. now that was lush :shock: no busts!!!! ? fairplay! :clap: avitit! :rambo:

j sainsbury
16-02-2005, 08:37 PM
wales is a good place, a few big parties have kicked off up there, but the last one resullted in serious problems, a police man lost his eye, 5 year old kids got cs gased, generators thrown off clifs, records stolen, phones stolen by the police and any one with a video camera had it taken, seriosu riot, this is the risk u run doing it

ollie303
17-02-2005, 03:22 AM
i wouldnt have thought a message board was the best place to throw around ideas for organising the u.k teknival !!!

doing freepartys is ilegal. this is no club night your planning ladys and gents.

jon connor
17-02-2005, 03:47 AM
wales is a good place, a few big parties have kicked off up there, but the last one resullted in serious problems, a police man lost his eye, 5 year old kids got cs gased, generators thrown off clifs, records stolen, phones stolen by the police and any one with a video camera had it taken, seriosu riot, this is the risk u run doing it

dont have to tell me that mate ive been in a lot of riots! early days nightmare.....the law in north wales is a jokr forget it..do you no just last week a woman was chased down a moterway by a frigin helicopter and a police car for eating a apple at the weel.....they are sad and just love to fuk partys up round ere on a massive scale anyway! its been done believe me 5000 people multi rigs turning up you name it we done the lot up here but the law just take the piss! ;) south wales may be an option but dont no, :eh:

jon connor
17-02-2005, 03:57 AM
i wouldnt have thought a message board was the best place to throw around ideas for organising the u.k teknival !!!

doing freepartys is ilegal. this is no club night your planning ladys and gents.

ummmmm mate read the posts its not a teknovul we thinking its more of a uk festival bash along the lines of wot sonar do in spain.......so to speak.this post is for ideas and knowlage of how such an event could take place! we no we cant do a massive free party styly! without hassel! there sum good words from jay in a previous post where he talks of how abroad the authoritys let them av it once a year! same in portugal techno land. so we are european arnt we if its good for 1 why not for all ? ;) but then again canabise is leagle in holland! :doh: hahahahah! it will happen 1 day im sure! ;)

jon connor
17-02-2005, 04:01 AM
[quote="j sainsbury"

got me scratching me chin! ;)

Martin Dust
17-02-2005, 07:01 AM
What happened to the CD project?

j sainsbury
17-02-2005, 08:17 AM
im not talkig about organising anything, or organising anything, im just speaking about the subject, chill ollie man.

and its spelt 'TEKNIVAL'

jon connor
17-02-2005, 01:25 PM
ay! lads i dident right this post to have a slagging match on the words teknival....in fact i dident no it would piss so many of you off! humm! i just want to see somthing techno and major once a year in this country.

so you wanna talk free party go for it, us north wales guys have got some helava years behind us and we have had every type of shit thrown at us for the last 15 years......i think back now to wen i was a teenager in bangor looking down the beach of a riot squad about to beat the shit out of us.....and they did .we had massive partys here anglesey for instence 10,000 plus people all in 1 quarry again major riot and police bust! so we have a long history up here and are more than qualified wen it comes to free party`s, so stop coming with this teknival is a sacred word bollox! this is 2005 we want somthing big in this country that is an underground event once a year that everyone gets involved sorta thing! just like our spanish brothers at sonar!

now then guys some of you may not like it but it has to be said if such an event can take place then some liasing with the law will have to be a must! its like this guys ive spent to many years seeing great big partys beeing busted! its not nice people get hert ,and its not realy wot we want to see. id like to go to such an event in this country with the comfort in my head of here is a huge big mother of a techno festival,that is on for 2 or 3 days and a guarantee! it wont get busted. i think that in itsself will make a lot of people happy. ;)

i say if the spanish can do then so can we.

glastonberry is crap for me now i dont even go ,the only reason i used to go was to stay on the traveler field .that in itself was awsome infact it was like a teknival on its own ,but now the authorties and the rip off organisers of glastonberry have stopped it. yea ok im all for the green peice charity but wot happend to the freedom of people down there. its bollox! we need somthing in the uk now, . its a piss take, we have a country full of amazing techno artist ,labels distributers etc etc etc
and we dont even have our own festival, :shock: . guys its about time somthink wen off! plans are already beeing prepared for 2006.....we shall see wot happens if we dont suceed then at least we had ago cant say farer than that! ;)

Mirsha
17-02-2005, 07:06 PM
There is a big party help up in the Scottish borders in Palgowen every year by one of my mates. The one last year ran four four days, had a dozen rigs and a thousand odd people or so. It's not a proper free party zone though, tickets cost 20 quid (which is bang cheap if you consider it) but it's far away from civilisation, doesn't get hassled by the police and is a great location for it. The only problem with last years is that they allowed too many rigs on the site which diluted the crowds a bit too much, this year they are planningon keeping a tighter reign on stuff to keep the crowds around the rigs bigger.

Have a nosey

http://palgowan.proboards23.com/index.cgi#general

jon connor
18-02-2005, 12:42 PM
yes mate i have some cool scotish free party dudes up there...they are cool as, i think i no who you are talking of! anyway fairplay to the celtic brothers .....i will pm you dude! ;)

gunjack
18-02-2005, 12:55 PM
What happened to the CD project?

lol when you guys actually get something going LET US KNO! ;)

jon connor
18-02-2005, 05:09 PM
sound will do , :roll: this will take a long time and research so 2006 should be ok....that way things are not rushed and ballsed up! ;) there are many ways of doing this so wot we need is ideas and who would be up for getting involved. ideal event would be mainstages catering for each genere of techno + electro old school etc etc and probably there will be loads of traveling rigs to it depends how people want to see it.......we will see in a few months time how posible it will be..things will be more clearer.like i said i will be deffinatly going to sonar this year and research for myself how they actually run it... ;)

j sainsbury
19-02-2005, 10:00 AM
TEKNIVAL TENIVALlllpweufgiogeurehb

jon connor
19-02-2005, 02:44 PM
:lol:

serox
23-02-2005, 03:43 PM
would be a lot cheaper to just head to the frenchTEK. also you might hear some good hardcore techno rather than looped trance.:)

serox
23-02-2005, 03:46 PM
organize a party for 50k people was a funny idea tho:)

anyone who has even tried setting up a multi rig party knows how much hassle it is for a weekend.

serox
23-02-2005, 03:49 PM
maybe a idea to talk about this on a free party forum eh? talk about the next ukTEK goes on often at nearly every rig meeting.

jon connor
23-02-2005, 04:22 PM
also has anyone in the uk relazized there is no glastonberry 2006 its there year off! :eh: so mabey not a bad idea . and nothing is inpossible dude! ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==