PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to keep this forum moving forward???

MARKEG
13-02-2005, 11:04 PM
why do all the best posts happen on a weekend whilst i'm busy?????

well, i have to say the post on qaulity control was such a great read. why do people not voice there opinions more like this. specific posts about the direction and future of the board never seem to happen, and this is perhaps why some of you get frustrated. look, this board is here for everyone, and i need to hear this.

anyway, i'm liking this 'melting pot' idea, but then i think back to when the board was started and original it was one section. the amount of arguments was silly! and that why i had to seperate stuff and that's why i had to make rules. i like the analagy of having whites in one room, blacks in the other and **** the chinese. hehe. this is sort of right, and it seems almost stupid to not have just one forum. but honestly, with all the new members we had since i did all the seperations, i can just imagine the total and utter chaos. it would be nice to think everyone could just 'get on' but the reality is it's just not going to happen and mine and sams job would be, well quite frankly, a nightmare. i never wanted this board to be a chore, and sam's doing this for the love of it too, as well are the other mods.

it sort of works as it is and even though we do have the odd bitch and argument, we do get some amazing shit talked about and it really is a great community we have here. i DO see the point of what ppl are saying though in the other post. i really do. perhaps changing the name of this main forum to the techno forum might help a little. any other suggestions are just totally appreciated.

anyway, i'm off to DJ now. just one thing - there really is only so much you can do on these message boards with them being public forums. the problem is that it only takes one person who doesn't understand the 'respect' issue to steer plenty of conversations the wrong way and really damage the community spirit. i'd even suggest a VIP style techno forum where the ppl who fully understand respect and constructive advice can enter and talk serious issues, but then that would breed snobbery and elitism wouldn't it??? god, i really don't know.

like i say, i'm all ears on this. tell me some good ideas and let's talk them over! :)

machina
14-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Although i'm only a newbie, i have to say that i've been super-impressed with the lack of shit being spoken on this forum. It seems to be very techno-centric and on the most part everyone seems pretty friendly. Different views are a good thing and can only make us all become more open to other ideas, as long as they are expressed in a constructive way - but from what i've seen here most things that are said are constructive-ish. So i reckon, just keep doing what you're doing :D

machina

SlavikSvensk
14-02-2005, 01:20 AM
i like the idea of a "techno forum," though i fully understand why styles were seperated (an old thread called "funky techno" comes to mind).

maybe there's some way to have it both ways...

The Overfiend
14-02-2005, 01:24 AM
:cry:
Another Schism

278d7e64a374de26f==