PDA

View Full Version : PD & ML & BB - Douche - Tough Techno - NEW MIXES

slavestudios
14-02-2005, 04:52 PM
righty, done a lot of work to this DOUCHE track..

one is my mix, the other was done with one of the original writers...
weve narrowed it down to these two being the best, but are very ineterested to know what you peepz think...

http://www.covertrecords.co.uk/covert/mp3/petedonaldson/upload/PD&ML&BB-Douche-OriginalMixV4.mp3

http://www.covertrecords.co.uk/covert/mp3/petedonaldson/upload/PD&ML&BB-Douche-PeteDMixV2.mp3

which one do y'all think is better ?

Pixolito
14-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi there, have to say the V4 is lot more coherent and spaced than the v2 but I like the ways some of the characteristics are in the V2... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dirty_bass
14-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Well, it`s not my type of techno, so I will only really comment on the production side.

V4

First thing that hits me is the kick. It`s a little too dry and too upfront in the mix. Some better compression and maybe another kick layered on top to give it some mid to high punch would help, also dropping the overall level of the kick will be much better.

The top end is very thin, and could do with more activity and thickening a little. Also the main hats need to be brighter,

The main, whining pad/synth is very nice, I like the subtlety here.

V2

The production here is a little more cohesive but I prefer the arrangement of V4.

Again the kick has the same problems, and so does the top end.

Quite a nice Speedy J type affair going on here. I`d maybe like to here some more adventurous editing going on, but other than that, with polish these tracks could be good hard minimal stompers.

slavestudios
15-02-2005, 01:05 AM
cheers dirty.

we'll be workin on thids track over the next week.

in the studio i have 2 sets of speakers. Absolute 2s & a pair of Jamo pa speakers that crank out almost half a k..

weve be trying to get the track to sound good thru both set ups at various levels..

the V4 is the more linear of the two arrangements, but the type of edits in V2 are very easily done.

expect another version around friday

278d7e64a374de26f==