PDA

View Full Version : Alec Empire

massplanck
14-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Got his "Intelligence & Sacrifice" double album there a while back and it has been on constantly in my car ever since. CD1 is an amazing fusion of metal + hardcore/breaks (Liebing take note :lol:) whilst the second disk is a collection of his more ambient & instrumental noodlings. I have a few old Atari Teenage Riot CD's but few match the quality of this release. I'm just wondering if anyone else here could recommend some more of his or ATR's better stuff ?

herman
14-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Not one of his ATR release's but the record he did with Ian Pooley on Force inc 2 space cowboys (http://www.discogs.com/release/38641) is a killer , the other 2 space cowboys record is a bit shit though.

koma
14-02-2005, 09:51 PM
huh..
Hetzjagd auf der Nazis, also on Force Inc..
or more actual: Destroy 2000 years of culture

gary_human
14-02-2005, 10:13 PM
There's a track that im rather fond of by Alec Empire featuring rapper El-P on The Handsome Boy Modelling School album "Hows Your Girl" the track is "Megaton B-Boy 2000" and Ive found what somebody had to say about it on the net :

" . . . one of the most experimental and original Hip-Hop joints I have ever heard is the penultimate track in the form of *Megaton B-Boy 2000* guest rapping El-P of Company Flow. I can only describe the beat as the sound you heard when you turn the bass up too high, and it makes that distorted sound, like hearing someone bumping a rap joint in a car with a sh-tty stereo. Well take that sound and turn it into a beat, add a few scratches and programmed drum effects and this is basically what you have. You just gotta listen to it for yourself to make any sense of it . . .

hehehehe - I rather like that review - check it out if it sounds like something youre looking for but im afraid its only the one track - the rest is tongue in cheek hip-hop stylings??!! ;)

Dave Elyzium
14-02-2005, 11:21 PM
wow I was listening back to some Alec Empire today thinking how I used to really love his stuff.. :) never forget how different it was hearing that evil breakcore stuff - almost scary to listen to as a kid! is he still producing this kinda material?

massplanck
14-02-2005, 11:35 PM
wow I was listening back to some Alec Empire today thinking how I used to really love his stuff.. :) never forget how different it was hearing that evil breakcore stuff - almost scary to listen to as a kid! is he still producing this kinda material?

Get this if you can, he is still as angry as ever... http://www.discogs.com/release/44633 pm me if you want me to rip a couple of tracks for you.

He's some lunatic. Its rare finding someone in electronic music these days who wears his political beliefs on his sleeve.

Everything starts with a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk...!!!

TechMouse
15-02-2005, 12:15 PM
I've got a triple-CD compilation called "The Geist of Alec Empire", which is awesome.

soma
15-02-2005, 12:42 PM
i saw this guy play live at the brixton academy years ago. He was pulling needles over records to make sounds and a whole host of other scary stuff. I enjoyed it, i'd liked his stuff from before, but i cant say that for the resyt of the crowd, they started throwing bottles of water at him - i couldn't see the point. He was the last act - they might have well just gone home if the werent enjoying it.

maybe not a good idea to stick him on at a beastie boys concert.

crime
15-02-2005, 01:17 PM
He also recorded techno stuff under the name "Richard Benson" for Force inc... Some of the first techno records I ever bought... really cool stuff...

The Overfiend
15-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Thought I was the only one who remembered that Swales!

Francisco Scaramanga
15-02-2005, 05:44 PM
He did a really bangin rave track years ago with a sample from Fifth Dimentions "Age of Aquarius" (it uses the "Let the Sunshine" bit, the second half of the song). Its all happy and stuff with that sample, then an evil old skool break bangs over it, then you get a quirky ravey synth line, and an odd piano sort of riff. All in all, its a brilliant track, proper dancefloor material, cheesy, yet bangin, and no chimpmunk shit or anything like that. Definately my favourite track by him, if I can find it, I'll tell you what its called, but I think its let the sunshine.

DJ Becka
16-02-2005, 03:18 AM
I've got a triple-CD compilation called "The Geist of Alec Empire", which is awesome.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I have that cd compilation too.....amazing!!! :clap:

FUSION
24-02-2005, 06:52 AM
this is an amazing album cheers for the tip :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

mrbenn
24-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Saw him playing live supporting NIN, hes a very very troubled angry man.

Good though! :clap:

FUSION
24-02-2005, 03:37 PM
hes a very very troubled angry man.

Good though! :clap:

i know many men who fit this desccription, all very talented :clap:

mrbenn
25-02-2005, 12:02 AM
haha yeh the usuall signs of genius

278d7e64a374de26f==