PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Jam,Nottingham last weekend?

Frank Dogshit
15-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Did anyone off here go to this?

Not heard any reports as yet...think clarke was on.

TechMouse
15-02-2005, 12:28 PM
I usually go to Firefly, but couldn't make this one.

Reports suggest that aside from a couple of technical hitches it went very well.

poisoned antidote
15-02-2005, 03:06 PM
who was on?

TechMouse
15-02-2005, 03:09 PM
who was on?
I think the Techno representation was Dave Clarke, Chris Finke & Ade Fenton.

Also playing were Medicine 8 and the Urban Gorilla DJs.

split
15-02-2005, 03:29 PM
FYI Dave played 2.30 - 4.15 and myself and Monsieur Fenton finished up playing back to back the last 2 hours.

Just got to say that despite some people on these boards dismissing it as "commercial", Firefly is one of my favourite places to play in the UK. Its a proper party in a PROPER venue (a big ballroom) with really good fun people who just go want to go out and dance which is what its all about for me. They are up for all sorts of music and i think we need more parties like this in the UK.

Chris Finke AKA Kent Brockman

Frank Dogshit
15-02-2005, 03:43 PM
FYI Dave played 2.30 - 4.15 and myself and Monsieur Fenton finished up playing back to back the last 2 hours.

Just got to say that despite some people on these boards dismissing it as "commercial", Firefly is one of my favourite places to play in the UK. Its a proper party in a PROPER venue (a big ballroom) with really good fun people who just go want to go out and dance which is what its all about for me. They are up for all sorts of music and i think we need more parties like this in the UK.

nice.......still havnt been to firefly myself yet. think i might check it out over the summer.

any news on next months jam lineup yet??

split
15-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Yes

Frank Dogshit
15-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Yes

Never heard of him....sort of shit does he knock out?

TechMouse
15-02-2005, 04:02 PM

I've been going to / helping out with Firefly for 3 years or so, and Chris is bang on the money. This last Firefly is the first one I've missed in a very long time, and that's only because I was busy doing other stuff.

Granted, it's putting on more breaks than it used to (on average) but it's still a fantastic night out - certainly one of the better ones on offer round here. The people who organise the event are some of the nicest you could hope to meet, and the emphasis is very much on having a good time. There's very little chin stroking going on.

Could do with some harder techno occasionally though, (IMHO). ;)

Frank Dogshit
15-02-2005, 04:07 PM
must be a class atmosphere using a ballroom like...how manys the venue hold?

TechMouse
15-02-2005, 04:34 PM
must be a class atmosphere using a ballroom like...how manys the venue hold?
Well, when they say "The Ballroom"...

... anyone who's actually been to the Marcus Garvey centre (old name) will tell you that's quite a grandiose name for what it actually is.

That said, it is quite big. It starts to "feel" full at around 700 - but can easily go up to well over 1k.

Martin Dust
15-02-2005, 10:47 PM
**** me is that where it is, hehehe, it's like a big ****ing working mans club, ace stuff - spent a load of my time at DiY and Bounce, good times.

Martin

Fordy
16-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah I went, had a quality night although wasnt on par with usual jam's. Loved clarke's set, although a few people I spoke to seemed to think he was only alright, DC is a f'in legend.

Medicine 8 were crap, few decent tunes though, but they did play some kind of techno bootleg of a disco track or something :dontevengothere: Jeet who played before Clarke was good, Finke and Fenton aswell played well from what I remember.

Venue, sh*t hole really but thats what was good about it, good friendly crowd and a more girls than usual which was a bonus, fit single girls at atomic jam are rare as f*ck.

conflict
16-02-2005, 09:00 PM
who are medicine 8 and urban gorilla dj's anyway?

excuse my ignorance!

are they techno?

Traxx
16-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Far from being techno more like Handbag house.

Martin Dust
16-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Breaks DJ's who have ended up playing everything is who Urban Gorilla is, Med 8 are the same...

Jack
18-02-2005, 12:44 AM
it kicked off, but no proper lighting all night reckon must of had problems with that..
I reckon club was nice first time at firefly but been jam for years, nice and relaxed atmosphere with security etc 2.
Spot on

simot
18-02-2005, 12:21 PM
mmm yeah, there were problems with lighting.

the big spiky inflatables had bulbs in them at the beginning of the night and were too bright, then someone tried to turn light bits off, causing all the inflatables to die!

was a bit of a frustrating evening with power cutouts, blocked car announcements (!) and the rest of it. but all in all a wicked night, there was a really big crowd still there at 6am, and they were lovin it.

respect to finkey and fenton, and DC rocking the house in his sniffin' glue t-shirt! punk rock anyone?

278d7e64a374de26f==