PDA

View Full Version : ((( POLL ))) How many PC users pay for software?

Debroglie
15-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Sorry, I had to , This argument wether Mac or PC is better is redundent and makes me wanna vomit , and is like trying to find out wether a Jupiter8 is better than a Prophet5 , they're both good and are different in they're own ways.

RDR
15-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I have vast amounts of the damn things, never use 90% of em. most of em are shite any way.

get ya knowledge of one sequencer up to scratch, your fav loop player, editing should also be a major priority.

I just cannot afford to buy these appz, less even trust the manufacturers to update regularly or solve the bugs. (have you read the disclaimers on the software licenses ever?)

i dont own windoze XP either.

i own winzip. (seriously)

Perversley the best VST fx i have ever used is the KJhause audio Filter found on blackaudio (cheers loopdon)

its an old chestnut. i admit to being an appz horder, and a sad one at that.

acidsaturation
15-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Ummm...

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2403

Debroglie
15-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi , I use to collect tons of software too...quite obsessive actually, but I came to the realization that these companies that make quality stuff will only disappear if people don't start supporting them just like hardware gear companies, needless to say I think comapnies have to start making there upgrades cheaper or nonexistent like Audiorealism.

Lorenzo_Shivu
15-02-2005, 04:38 PM
I have never paid for any software what so ever. No matter if it's for pc purposes or music making. I do have a legal version of fruity because I won a remix contest. I will pay for my software as soon as I am getting money of making music. Kinda like that 'sentence' of h20 cracks. Don't make money using ripped/cracked software.

Komplex
15-02-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm a PC user.

I've payed for the majority of software I actually use that isn't freeware. Then theres stuff which is getting trialled and thats always in rotation. Whatever I don't use or buy gets deleted after a couple of months or it just sits there cus its usually useless clutter or not for me. The stuff I rely on and like gets my $$$ support :)

Don't know what this has to do with Mac vs PC tho.

To be honest, with big things like sequencers you'd be stupid not to do a 3 month trial before buying.

RDR
15-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Ummm...

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2403

we talk 'openly' about where to get software/serial numbers etc etc, it could shut the board down.

i dont believe im talking openly about serial numbers or where to get it.

didnt offer it, did show it. its like talking about drugs... no point it keeping underground. the truth is the truth and im not afraid. i dont offer to anyone but close friends or friends within that scene im not so daft as to be posting links here

talk to frank.

Debroglie
16-02-2005, 04:27 AM
Don't know what this has to do with Mac vs PC tho.

To be honest, with big things like sequencers you'd be stupid not to do a 3 month trial before buying.

I agree. Sorry this was actually just a bad joke about how PC users claim that PC's are better just because there's tons of software that they actually never pay for. I'm not saying Mac users don't have their fare share of K's either but at least around 80% of mac users have to actually pay for their sequencers thanks to the USB dongle, which I am totally for because why should I or anyone else have to pay when others can use it for free, and its tiresum that we have to pay such high prices for software just to make up for loss of sales resulting from too many un-authorized copies floating around. Can you imagine if people walked into a Pro-Audio store and started stealing gear off the demo floor ! The fuzz would be there in no time, and for some reason we all think that with software it's different for some reason , why I don't know.

Any ways I agree also that demos should be better and last longer and there has to be some kind of regulations for upgrade fees.

I have a tons of hardware and I paid for it once , software should be the same unless you are doing some kind of cross-platform upgrade/degrade :roll:

Music isn't free ! it's created by people who work hard for what the wanna create. therefore artistic products should have a price, out of respect for its creators.

278d7e64a374de26f==