PDA

View Full Version : Ultradyne

Sunil
15-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Their hit rate isn't always 100%, but when they hit it they are ****in dangerous! Anyone else a fan of Ultradyne?

Here's their website btw. http://www.pigaomovement.com

massplanck
17-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Amazing website.

I got this a while back
http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/156922-01.htm

Sounds a bit Dreciyaish (new word) in places

I'll be looking out for more stuff by them for definito..

Sunil
17-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Amazing website.

I got this a while back
http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/156922-01.htm

Sounds a bit Dreciyaish (new word) in places

I'll be looking out for more stuff by them for definito..

Well there is a Drexciya connection alright, they are buddies of theirs from Detroit. I think Ultradyne can sound like a more extreme version of Drexciya. There's definitely influence that's been passed on alright. There's an interview in the next issue of Anorak (when we get the ****in thing out!), will post it up then..

Patrick
18-02-2005, 02:05 PM
On a slight tangent, has anyone heard the Vidrio - Glass Slavery (PGM006) release yet ?

massplanck
18-02-2005, 03:38 PM
There's an interview in the next issue of Anorak (when we get the **** thing out!), will post it up then..

Will this be the last one Sunil or are you gonna move it online? We know its time consuming but its nice having the thing actually in your hand.

massplanck
18-02-2005, 03:40 PM
On a slight tangent, has anyone heard the Vidrio - Glass Slavery (PGM006) release yet ?

I cant find any hint of it on the web? any more info Patrick?

Patrick
18-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Steve, alls I've got is some info that was in a mailout from Pi Giao :

Release News

Pi Gao Movement, the label that brings you the machinations of the group Ultradyne, presents another project: Vidrio.

Vidrio is the gold of our society, the one we protect in order to visualize our daily lies.

We are fed media with it, we are able to kill in its scope, and we use it to aid our eyes.

Yet in all of the good and evil Vidrio sees and displays, Vidrio remains a sociopath, uncaring and bitterly innocent.

Camouflage is my weapon.

Title: Glass Slavery

Format: 12”

Matrix #: PGM006

Track Listing:

A1 – Excelsior

A2 – Glass Hammers

B1 – Predator

B2 – Deep Six

Glass Slavery depicts our evolution from an industrial might to a society muddled by excessive visual cortex stimulation, our pleasure centers overriding our need to excel. The true nature of the inanimate beast of glass via dark rhythms is reminiscent of martial law in the audio spectrum, marching us through our daily trials. We are guided by its programming to live a cocooned existence. Glass Slavery portrays the virtual reality we have fashioned for ourselves. Though we do not wield the pickaxe and molten ore from the past, the hammers that permeate our lives are changing our ideologies and what we value. This is a possible future in which we start to form a symbiotic relationship with our virtual master. We must understand that we are slaves to our ego complex; until we accept our primal need for pleasure, can the pain of isolation from media input become a necessary evil. Take solace from the system if you chose not to fight.

For more information on this project, please email vidrio@pigaomovement.com.

This release will be distributed exclusively by Submerge.

Preordering of this release will be available soon at their website.

Sunil
18-02-2005, 08:10 PM
There's an interview in the next issue of Anorak (when we get the **** thing out!), will post it up then..

Will this be the last one Sunil or are you gonna move it online? We know its time consuming but its nice having the thing actually in your hand.

Yep, we'll go online, archive all the old stuff, and keep it updated with new. Labour of love projects can only last so long sometimes unfortunately :cry: Who knows, maybe we'll do an Anorak 'Extra' series or something in hard copy, but it's not really a plan. It is nice being able to pick something up and read alright :study:

Patrick
28-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Sound clips have been added on the Pi Gao website (http://www.pigaomovement.com) under the Discography section for Glass Slavery (PGM-006).

Sounds nice from the clip.

278d7e64a374de26f==