PDA

View Full Version : rory st john - crackertalk RE-DONE!

stjohn
16-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Rory St John - CrackerTalk (http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~clubbers/crackertalk.mp3)

after peoples advice here, i stripped this lass to the bone and gave her a good oul' seein to!! let me know what u's think! cheers

audioinjection
16-02-2005, 05:02 PM
phat track man

i think theres too much hi end on this track, and theres maybe a bit too much snap on you kick

but overall this track is dope dude, nice sounds and efx in here

BRADLEE
16-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Man, extremely nice work from ST.John Raising the bar here with noise selection I'd have to say. Very nice sound pallette man :clap: The beat is nasty too. Love the sick little breakbeat. I think a couple little reverse edits here, and delay of filter edit there, and this track is going to shine out!!!! There's already so much in the edit on this one though that it probably doesn't even matter though...LOL Very good work man. :twisted:

Ritzi Lee
16-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Like audioinjection suggested.
Cutting a bit from the tops will let your track sound smooth.

Also you chosen a very characteristic kick.
I like to hear more accent on that *thumb!*sound.

Wicked sound FX!
Calling this cybertechno. ;)

Maybe a little chorus on the whole tracks just to let the high tones slide more smootly, and apply a high cut around 17kHz / 18kHz.

xfive
17-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah this is very nice... fresh :clap:

I agree with the notes about the hi's... just ease off a tad and it will make it more even, and I think you need a bit of a boost on the low end.

Besides that sounds proper ;)

dirty_bass
17-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Yep. This is very creative. Like it a lot.

I agree with the guys about the tops.
I quite like the brightness, but you just need to balance the levels, so the highs aren`t so up front.
Those kicks and sub sound like they should be rumbling my floor, but the level of the tops pushes em back in the mix.

I`d maybe do a Zero level restart on the mixer, and work things back together. Start with the kick and balance it with the tops, then work in the mid, and balance that against the top and hats etc.
All the parts are there and when finished,this will be a hell of a tune.

One other thing is maybe pushing the bass just a little bit lower with the EQ to spread the sound a little more.

stjohn
17-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Also you chosen a very characteristic kick.
I like to hear more accent on that *thumb!*sound.

how do u mean accent?? i have 2 kicks workin off each other, 1 highly compressed for that snap!!! and the low end eq killed, the other for the rumble.

Maybe a little chorus on the whole tracks just to let the high tones slide more smootly, and apply a high cut around 17kHz / 18kHz.

do u mean on the master or just on certain tracks within the mix??

cheers again lads for your advice... appreciate it loads!

j_s
17-02-2005, 08:48 PM
niiice. sounds orginal without losing dancability. love the robotic noises that start in the mid section. with a bit more punch in the bottom end, this will kick it....

stjohn
17-02-2005, 09:04 PM
its actually a robot gettin raped in the congo basin, by tribes people who dont know what techno is!!! :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==