PDA

View Full Version : Chris Liebing @ Melbourne, Australia

tekboi
17-02-2005, 06:00 AM
First time I have seen the guy perform and it was alongside my favourite DJ being Ben Sims, so all up a great night. Sims was rocket fuel as per usual but Liebing really impressed me. He played one of the toughest most darkest sets I have ever heard believe it or not. Mixing was spotless, track selection outstanding.

Anywayz he had two laptops on either side, three decks and a effects machine. Assuming he always plays with this set up, what are the two laptops for: Final Scratch/Ableton??? And what effects machine does he use???

Thanks guys!

PS: Sims and Liebing, what a combination ay, damn hot for us I tell ya!

koma
17-02-2005, 01:13 PM
effect machine hmmm last time I saw him it was the Alesis one..
I know he used to perform with FS, having hired one guy whose only job was to rip vinyl into mp3s..
maybe he switched to Ableton in the meantime, dunno..

machina
18-02-2005, 12:28 AM
in melbourne he was using kaoss pad for efx, 1 laptop - final scratch, 1 laptop ableton... nearly everything was coming out of ableton though..

machina

Daire
18-02-2005, 01:28 PM
I can't imagine Liebing doing anything to exciting with Ableton for some reason. Iv heard him DJ before and its normally a pretty mundane stomp fest. I haven't heard Liebing use it, so I'm perhaps been a little presumptuous. :neutral:

Opinions :?:

gunjack
18-02-2005, 02:54 PM
i played with liebing last july and he had one laptop with ableton only for sound effects and ambient pads and stff :roll:

Sunil
18-02-2005, 07:55 PM
The sets I heard him play on decks only, were far better than his current decks, FX, PC and kitchen sink sets.

killarava2day
19-02-2005, 02:31 AM
The sets I heard him play on decks only, were far better than his current decks, FX, PC and kitchen sink sets.

That's a bit rough :shock:

Whitebread
20-02-2005, 08:35 PM
I saw Speedy J and Chris Liebing together at Awakenings last night, it was brilliant. :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==