PDA

View Full Version : Carl Craig. Did he hit the right spot?

Ritzi Lee
17-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Carl Craig just released a record called;

Just Another Day
on Planet E.

1 deep nicely blend synth techno tune,
very rhytmic and deep. And a lot of variation with sounds,
and a lot of organic / modulation effects.

And that 3 more tracks with just synthsounds, without any drumssounds.
Just masterpieces.

I don't know if any of you already checked out the pieces.
But I think Carl hit on the right spot if we talk about evolvement in techno.

In the past Detroit days I remember some music was build up like this.... But it wasn't done really that much.
Just thought about it a couple of days. This could be a nice formula; not only for the deep / funky stuff, but also for the harder variant.

I like to hear more synth techno tracks with a lot of freaking inside.
Doesn't matter if it's hard or soft.

dirty_bass
17-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I like it, but I`m not sure it`s an evolution of any kind.
Has a very old sound, but it`s carried out superbly.

Zektor
17-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Carl Craig is THE MAN.

Fan
17-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Havent heard it yet but I normally like his stuff

SlavikSvensk
17-02-2005, 06:06 PM
i've always been less enthused about carl craig than a lot of other people (with some notable exceptions...bug in the bassbin, landcruising, etc. are awesome), but i really like what i've heard of this record.

bishtay elliott
22-02-2005, 09:58 PM
il bet 20p he definatly hits the spot!

AcidTrash
04-03-2005, 10:10 AM
I went to see him last year just because of reputation. At first I was bored stupid but toward the end it turned out to be one of the best house sets I've ever seen.

BloodStar
04-03-2005, 12:23 PM
i remind Carl Craig live PA, on party Orion Hall in Brno. it was really awesome even he sounds old school and i would say it was more housey than tech..
Orion Hall is a big party. in CZ well known as a techno legend. lot of people were surprised with Hardfloor live Pa,,and then Carl Craig also live PA...both were thousands kilometers (not miles:) far away from techno..but both were ****in gr8 :rambo:

g
04-03-2005, 06:39 PM
this new record didn't really do it for me. so far, anyway.

Landcruising is, well, landmark.

and regarding music that is structurally sound, inventive, formed in the way you (Ritzi) were talking about, check out DJ Bone's work on Subject Detroit. harder, housey, electro.. the man makes great music. and he has some unbelievable stuff in the pipeline.

basslinejunkie
04-03-2005, 06:43 PM

and regarding music that is structurally sound, inventive, formed in the way you (Ritzi) were talking about, check out DJ Bone's work on Subject Detroit. harder, housey, electro.. the man makes great music. and he has some unbelievable stuff in the pipeline.

i 2nd that.

Ritzi Lee
04-03-2005, 07:28 PM

true!!

i know that label.
truly fun to hear his stuff.

278d7e64a374de26f==