ATOMIC-JAM
saturday 12th march 2005
9.30pm - 6.00am
custard factory
gibb street, digbeth
birmingham

back in brum after a six month break.
a rare chance to witness Detroit's Derrick May,
one of the true innovative pioneers of electronic music.
also the return of jam favourite Speedy J

1: DERRICK MAY
SPEEDY J live
CHRIS FINKE
ADE FENTON
MISS BASS

2: drum & bass beats and breaks
SHAOLIN & DAN B
RATTY
FALLOUT
BROTHERS BUD & FRIENDS

3: cinema room

tickets £12.50
usual outlets

10th birthday - august!

Traxx
17-02-2005, 11:13 PM
The pool bit open?

Stuart
18-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Really looking forward to this, it's been a long time. :D

marginmaster
18-02-2005, 10:31 AM
so looking forward to this, havent been raving since the last jam in August

neko
18-02-2005, 10:58 AM
happy fuking days. :love:

there goes my resolution of not going out til easter weekend :doh: :dance:

Katie
18-02-2005, 11:04 AM
ahh tough decision as to what nights to go to now! but quality line up though speedy js ace! :love:

djbuzzbe
18-02-2005, 11:53 AM
jam back in brum fantastic ;) great line up aswell speedy j :twisted: not to sure bout the medicine bar tho to small wish it was back at the que club HAPPY DAYS!

neko
18-02-2005, 11:56 AM
wish it was back at the que club

RIP que club, my favourite venue ever :cry:

Frank Dogshit
18-02-2005, 12:29 PM
speedy j at the jam will be a sicko no doubting that! :love:

lookin forward to the summer birthday party.....

hot weather and that whole marque setup down the custard factory works brilliantly!!

Tony
18-02-2005, 12:44 PM
go miss bass! :clap:

18-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Get in there Miss Bass :clap:

doc12inch
18-02-2005, 12:54 PM
cant wait for this

its my bday weekend aswell YES

fitipaldi
18-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Gutted I won't be able to get to this, atomic jam at the custard factory was one of the highlights of last year for me, roll on the summer and some serious electronic underground shenanigans!

miss bass
18-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Il go il go

very excited indeed :rambo:

Fordy
18-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Im there as always :twisted:

Pompeu_brazil
07-03-2005, 04:04 AM
I`ll be there! If my friend that likes trance ( and a bit of techno ) doesnt wanna go i`ll go alone but i wont miss it!

Off Topic: where can I find more info about techno nights here in Birmingham?

cheers!

Tony
07-03-2005, 11:40 AM
keep checking these threads. there are very few protagonists, but it all gets posted here.

doc12inch
07-03-2005, 01:01 PM
If you think about it..........long and hard.........wait for it....................

Cus the jams at the custard factory. its like having jam and custard.

feel free to ridicule me on the night ill be there. with my jam and custard.

Tony
07-03-2005, 01:27 PM
:eh:

neko
08-03-2005, 07:06 PM
If you think about it..........long and hard.........wait for it....................

Cus the jams at the custard factory. its like having jam and custard.

feel free to ridicule me on the night ill be there. with my jam and custard.

good lad, u enjoy your jam and custard.
i'll be there too :rambo:

Traxx
08-03-2005, 07:08 PM
:crackup:

neko
08-03-2005, 07:18 PM
:crackup:

u going then?

Traxx
08-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Nope.

neko
08-03-2005, 07:32 PM
fine :roll:

be good craic this one.

Traxx
08-03-2005, 07:57 PM
You never know though :lol:

doc12inch
09-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Wheres the best place to park.

is it on the air car park?

Frank Dogshit
09-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Wheres the best place to park.

is it on the air car park?

we parked up just behind air on some side streets,seemed a decent place to park for nowt like.

doc12inch
09-03-2005, 12:34 PM
i though the c/f would have sum sort of parking - ill go in airs car park. Ive walked down them side streets at night after college - not a nice place to be after dark.

DJ Sainsburys
12-03-2005, 03:34 AM
if theres a night on at air you wont get in...

Fordy
12-03-2005, 09:39 AM
if theres a night on at air you wont get in...

Shouldnt be a problem really, just get there early. Its godskitchen every saturday. Parked there a fair few times.

marginmaster
12-03-2005, 01:04 PM
ITS TONIGHT!
ITS TONIGHT! :dance:

doc12inch
14-03-2005, 12:47 PM
The jam was great - did think much to the custard factory - thought it would be much bigger.

Fenton played a great set and so did may.

Mr finke played a blinder too along with miss bass - she warmed the place up really well, they were laping it up a treat.

sadly i missed speedy j - i was too busy spreading the word about liquid techno on the 25th march at the canal club - i was surprised on the amount of people that already knew. was great.

neko
14-03-2005, 01:17 PM
first time been to custard factory that.
though it was a bit on the small side myself, and also a bit too clean and shiny for atomic jam!

had a good night though, from what i can remember :eh:

Frank Dogshit
14-03-2005, 01:19 PM
though it was a bit on the small side myself, and also a bit too clean and shiny for atomic jam!

was it just the medicine bar or did they have the swimming pool emptied out? :eh:

doc12inch
14-03-2005, 01:20 PM

it looked more like a posh funky bar than a club.

did like the waterfall and pond outside tho

Frank Dogshit
14-03-2005, 01:33 PM
I take it was a really busy one then? Speedy J play a sicko?

Tony
14-03-2005, 02:23 PM
:)

miss bass
14-03-2005, 03:58 PM
it was all in the bar, they didnt bother draining the pool this time. (it does cost thousands of pounds to do that though)
i cant stand the place any more. the sound system is the biggest pile of rumbly plastic shite. there is majorly insufficient seating and space, and some of the bar staff need to get over themselves.

may was fairly interesting, good ass shaking rhythm patterns, but went on a bit. speedy j was very dull (please do your old stuff, its SO MUCH BETTER!!) it was all 2beat loops, hiss and kicks and the only trick he used was delay at the end of each bar. didnt see fenton or finke as we left cos of boredom.
miss bass did a PERFECT job of warm up and played the most interesting set i've heard at the jam ever. exactly what i wanted to be listening to, not very 'jam' at all really.

well i didnt want to leave, and definately didnt want to leave because of Chris or Ade being boring (as i never got chance to hear them), least i know for next time not to take winging friends ;) ;)

As for Speedy, some lovely wonky riffs and patterns to begin with, then yeh, did go kinda bang bang, but still could have jumped around more if i wasnt so prone to being knocked over because im such a midget. lol Did anyone actually see me behind that mixer?? haha

Derrick played some nice nice beats with lovely melodies, did get slightly one level but still enjoyed it.

:rambo:

Fordy
14-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Was a quality night but not one of the better ones, like the med bar but not for atomic jam. Miss Bass you warmed up perfectly, quality tunes.

Derrick May was good, built up nicely, melodic, funky but still tough. Personally thought Speedy J was quality, set of the night though for me was Fenton, last few times ive seen him he hasnt been that great but played a quality set on saturday, Finke aswell.

Dont think there will be one in brum now untill the birthday ?

Stretch
14-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Enjoyed your set Miss Bass, well done! Especially seeing as the mixer was nearly shoulder height! :lol:

I liked May's set. Still full of enthusiasum behind the decks after all these years. Left after half hour of Speedy J, not cus i didn't like it but because i was off to Crufts Sunday and i needed some sleep. What was live about his set though? Looked like he was just mixing to me.

Liked that Micronauts tune he played. Sir Real's been playin that a lot recently.

My only moan is about how cramped it got at times but i suppose it's better than having hardly anyone turn up.

I hear the Sanctuary's re-opening in the next month, maybe a move back there is on the cards.

Frank Dogshit
14-03-2005, 09:05 PM
I hear the Sanctuary's re-opening in the next month, maybe a move back there is on the cards.

that would be pretty decent,hopefully with a whole new layout and a new sound system. :cool:

oldbugger
14-03-2005, 09:09 PM
sound system is that custard factory was wank for techno :evil:

whole place was a bit poncey too IMO. still enjoyed myself though :neutral:

Frank Dogshit
14-03-2005, 09:18 PM
sound system is that custard factory was wank for techno :evil:

whole place was a bit poncey too IMO. still enjoyed myself though :neutral:

i thought the system was fair decent early on when we went the HOG the other week but towards the end it went a bit crap for some reason.

cant wait for the summer when they empty that pool out ,thats one fukin rave once they get the marque goin again!! :twisted:

Like a mini outdoor festival,works really well and theres loads of bits outside to gurn about in.

Stella Boy
14-03-2005, 09:22 PM
i thought the system was fair decent early on when we went the HOG the other week but towards the end it went a bit crap for some reason.

If they were using a 600 mixer which was loaded with red lights all night then that's your answer. It's a good mixer but if it's battered to the extreme then the sound quality does falter after a few hours abuse.

marginmaster
15-03-2005, 09:13 AM
it was very small venue, but better than nothing. had a great time.

Stuart
15-03-2005, 10:08 AM

that would be pretty decent,hopefully with a whole new layout and a new sound system. :cool:

hahaha the Sanctuary is still open, it has some hard house night on every other week. There is no new sound system, just the old one getting even worse. no new lights no new layout. if anything its actually in a poorer state of affairs than it ever was. The people that own the Sanctuary are trying to sell it, THEY WILL NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON IT. They own clubs in coventry too, all they have done is swap the crap stuff from coventry and put it in the sanctuary. forget about the sanctuary for now. Until these things have been addressed I can't see any night other than HH nights doing anything there.

Tony
15-03-2005, 02:02 PM
it was all in the bar, they didnt bother draining the pool this time. (it does cost thousands of pounds to do that though)
i cant stand the place any more. the sound system is the biggest pile of rumbly plastic shite. there is majorly insufficient seating and space, and some of the bar staff need to get over themselves.

may was fairly interesting, good ass shaking rhythm patterns, but went on a bit. speedy j was very dull (please do your old stuff, its SO MUCH BETTER!!) it was all 2beat loops, hiss and kicks and the only trick he used was delay at the end of each bar. didnt see fenton or finke as we left cos of boredom.
miss bass did a PERFECT job of warm up and played the most interesting set i've heard at the jam ever. exactly what i wanted to be listening to, not very 'jam' at all really.

yeah, not boredom at the night, but the people we where with seemd bored of the venue and the squishedness. never mind hey, better luck next time

well i didnt want to leave, and definately didnt want to leave because of Chris or Ade being boring (as i never got chance to hear them), least i know for next time not to take winging friends ;) ;)

As for Speedy, some lovely wonky riffs and patterns to begin with, then yeh, did go kinda bang bang, but still could have jumped around more if i wasnt so prone to being knocked over because im such a midget. lol Did anyone actually see me behind that mixer?? haha

Derrick played some nice nice beats with lovely melodies, did get slightly one level but still enjoyed it.

:rambo:

miss bass
15-03-2005, 05:38 PM
i didnt mind the squishdness or the venue... had an enjoyable time :)

Tony
15-03-2005, 05:53 PM
surprised dave siad to you he'd have stayed. all's he was expressing when we where stood by the bar was his revulsion for the sort of techno that goes thud thud all night. hmmmm

278d7e64a374de26f==