PDA

View Full Version : Komplex - Armed and Ready - tough and distorted business

Komplex
18-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Thought its time to write some more hard stuff again :twisted:

This ones a straight up hard techno track. Doesn't get going till the two minute mark. I'd love some feedback if possible, especially about the mix itself and arrangment...

Komplex - Armed and Ready (http://www.soundformrecordings.com/music/Komplex%20-%20Armed%20and%20ready%20(edit%202).mp3)

audioinjection
18-02-2005, 08:48 PM
nice track dude :clap:

hard, dark, and minimal, i like it, cant really here anything wrong w/ the mix, every sounds good to me here :clap:

Ritzi Lee
18-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Mixing is cool!
Arrangement is cool.

BUT!!
Check out your breakbeats.
They are a bit out of rhythm.
Especially in the breaks.

xfive
19-02-2005, 07:36 PM
This is really cool man.. I like it :clap:

Everything sounded fine to me mix wise.. and I didn't really catch where any beats were off time.. (it sounded like they were purposely done that way which is something I've definetly heard before so..) I was going to check it again but the sucker timed out on me now?? :doh:

Overall good job ;)

dirty_bass
19-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah I like this, overall the sound is just a touch muddy, but with good mastering this could be sorted.
I like what you do man, I`d be interested in you doing something for the Singularity project. Please keep me informed if you make any more stuff like this.

j_s
20-02-2005, 09:27 PM
the intro is refreshing, that farting noise works really well. like the way the main synth comes in too.
as was already mentioned, some of the acoustic drumloops seemed pretty offkilter, one around the mid point particularly so - dunno if this was intentional...

Komplex
21-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Thanx for the feedback guys :)

With the breakbeat bits, it isn't perfectly quantised and also has a delay on it, kind of contrasting breakdown idea. I can straighten it out if you think it doesn't go down too well...

dirty_bass: Will do mate, I was already thinking about some music for that when your thread first popped up.

StoQ
21-02-2005, 12:16 PM
i like the concept of this track, nice perc loops ;]

holotropik
03-03-2005, 01:26 AM
ace work buddy ;)

:clap:

Jack
03-03-2005, 02:23 AM
spot on, nice snappy and grinding percusion.
fat
banging :clap:

holotropik
04-03-2005, 01:24 AM
sorry to hog this thread but i am really liking this track mate. Listened to it last night quite a bit and mixed it with other tracks to get a good reference.

i would love to hear this out. my honest opinion from my perspective as an eternal punter.

278d7e64a374de26f==