PDA

View Full Version : New Mixer

Andy__C
12-05-2003, 02:11 PM
Not sure if this is the right Forum, but anyway.....

any of u lot seen the Behringer DJX700 Mixer??

pic: http://www.djstore.co.uk/images/products/large/beh/behdjx700.jpg

and info:
http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?session=210142266&item=behdjx700

http://www.behringer.com/02_products/prodindex_dj.cfm?id=DJX700&lang=eng

I know its a total rip-off of the djm 500/600....but have u seen the price? (£230 in some places)

A lot of technical dj Equip forums I'm on really rate behringer mixers for the money, I have not heard a bad thing about them..... plus I know through own knowledge that a lot of their parts are as high quality as other manufacturers...but come cheaper due to being produced in eastern Europe.

HTFR had a small release of these, and so have a few other place's.....
anyone had a go???

TripleX
13-05-2003, 12:11 PM
mate i only heard bad things about behringer, i have never used one though. I just read they are supposed to be shit on a german forum.

MARKEG
13-05-2003, 01:21 PM
i really dont like beringer stuff.

Jimfish
13-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Behringer stuff aint too hot too be honest...
Ive got a behringer dj mixer cos it was cheap..(vmx300)
and the eqs on it sound like shite, the VU meters are useless the bpm counters dont count even vaguely the right bpm, the kills sound terrible...
etc etc etc

and i bought some behringer headphones for spares and they blew up after 2 weeks, ive got some pioneers and beyers that can take anything i can throw at em...even this shitty pair i got for a fiver on brick lane market can take more punishment than those lumps of shite

also my partner has put his studio gear in with mine recently, hes got loads of behringer gear and its poo.....real utter plop (except the ultra-graph pro)

Jimfish
13-05-2003, 01:48 PM
trust me...it wont sound half what the pioneer does!

Andy__C
13-05-2003, 02:16 PM
ah well................had high hope's for a cheap djm............ a lot of people had really rated the Behringer......I was gonna go balls out and buy one off the net, may be a bit more causcious now.............. :roll:

Dj Swannie
13-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Gemini Have brought somthing similar out called fx7000 ( I think ?), We sell them where I work, took it home just the other night to compare againts my tascam, obviously the tascam was better by a long way but the gemini had some very good effects for the money ( £249 ). You could munipulate the effects quite alot & it also has a wet & dry knob ( sounds good :wink: ) which allows you to adjust the filter or effect whilst in the mix.
Gemini stuff aint bad for the money but if you want proper quality you need to be spending £500 plus for a Pioneer, Allen & Heath, tascam ect.

Behringer stuff is a bit ropey, I had a composer pro compressor which was well noisey, hissing & crackling all the time in the background. I havent heard a good word about them myself, sounds like other people dont get on with them either !

massplanck
20-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Gemini Have brought somthing similar out called fx7000 ( I think ?), We sell them where I work, took it home just the other night to compare againts my tascam, obviously the tascam was better by a long way but the gemini had some very good effects for the money ( £249 ). You could munipulate the effects quite alot & it also has a wet & dry knob ( sounds good :wink: ) which allows you to adjust the filter or effect whilst in the mix.
Gemini stuff aint bad for the money but if you want proper quality you need to be spending £500 plus for a Pioneer, Allen & Heath, tascam ect.

Behringer stuff is a bit ropey, I had a composer pro compressor which was well noisey, hissing & crackling all the time in the background. I havent heard a good word about them myself, sounds like other people dont get on with them either !

well my favourite alternative to the DJM600 is a Stanton RM3S with a Kaoss pad hooked up to it. And in my opinion its ten time more versatile and much much cheaper.

you can work that pad instead of dumbly pressing the 'one function' button on the DJM600. and youve got nice kills on the RM3S too.. something the Pioneer lacks. Its becoming a popular combo..

278d7e64a374de26f==