PDA

View Full Version : motu828mk2

nova
20-02-2005, 09:42 PM
having some probs with my motu828mk2 seems that there is latncey problems im getting clicks and pops in the sound. and i cant find any settings to sort it just buffer size and i had i go at changing buffer size but didnt seem to sort it. anyone kno how i can sort it. cheers

loopdon
20-02-2005, 10:38 PM
plz give a more detailed description of your specs, hardware, daw, os and so on ;)

MARKEG
20-02-2005, 10:41 PM
i had this. it's all to do with buffer size i'm sure. are you using cubase? yeah you're right, we need more info.

nova
20-02-2005, 11:03 PM
yeah man no prob! cheers! im on mac g4powerbook osx think its 10.3.4 but i'll hav to check that. logic express 6.4. ive never upgraded os on the motu. other hardware amt8 midi, tb303 with ken pro2, virus b, freebase, novation drumstation few more other bits ajuno2 use some plugins kontakt anything else let us kno and r hav alook.i tried changing buffer size didnt seem to work was saying need to reboot logic and somthing eles tried it and was still clicking and poping

thanks

Evil G
20-02-2005, 11:30 PM
it could be a clock issue. what is your clock source set to for the motu?

i'm not familiar with logic, but in sonar i have to have my clock source either set to use the same source that the motu does if the motu is using an external clock, or set to pull clock out of the audio if the motu is using its own clock.

nova
21-02-2005, 10:56 AM
id hav logic as the main midi clock. not sure wot the motus clock is set to. i'll hav alook today. gonna be going over to the kit. what should the clock be set to. oh! and my spec on me laptop is 768 ram and i think its a 60gb harddrive. is that what you mean by clock the midi clocks. could you explain abit more about the clocksource please

thanks

nova
21-02-2005, 11:45 AM
the motu poping and clicking has been a real prob for me. would be real nice to get it sorted this time. i hav put this question up on couple other websits and not heard anything back onit!. thanks guys for helping. ive been having anougher prob with it aswell but i think that will sort it self when i get buffer and clock set right. when i bounce me music down it always has alittle snip out the start of the track. and when recording from midi to audio it gets a little snip out the start. you can see that it recorded it all in the audio editor. ive been told that all sound cards doit when you record from midi to audio. not dowting it so is good to hear from people that are using the motu828 :?:

nova
22-02-2005, 08:10 PM
heres abit more on how its set,

sample rate 44100
clock surce internal
buffer size 512
process buffer range medium
firmware 1.0 bootloader 1.0

logics clock source internal and auto sync in
mac osx 10.3.5 processor 1.33ghz 768 ram

thats how its set and is still doing it. anyone now anymore on this.
cheers guys

278d7e64a374de26f==