PDA

View Full Version : Korg Kaoss Pad (Effects)

tekboi
20-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I am thinking of incorporating this in my dj sets, what do you guys think of this little thing?

Are there any other recommendations for a good effects unit to incorporate into my dj set?

fresh_an_funky_design
21-02-2005, 01:42 AM
the kaoss pads wicked, but its not like djm 600 effects which are easy to use, you have to spend some time learning the various effects. also if you use the synths or drum machine's turn the depth down as i have seriously damaged my ears an speakers by using them with the depth turned up. If you've ever done it you'll know wot i mean! :doh:

gumpy green
21-02-2005, 12:34 PM
an amazing tool for using on the deks.....i totally luv it.

out off all my effext units this is my fav. i got redsound sxfx, akai filter and kp2, it well the best.

go for the kp2 tho.

wanna hear it being used with deks then check these-

http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/sekonz_live_at_jakn_181204.mp3
http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/sekonzliveatdogmaoct03.mp3
http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/sekonz_live_at_jakn150105.mp3

Greg Dee
21-02-2005, 07:48 PM
picking up one of these in a couple weeks.

sickness!

tekboi
22-02-2005, 03:56 AM
I read an article that you can use the kaoss pad for production also as a midi effect. Is this true?

How much is the cost for this thing?

Komplex
22-02-2005, 06:53 AM
kp1's are cheap ace. you'll find em for under au300 bux and less second hand.

tekboi
23-02-2005, 05:24 AM
Thanks Greg. I want the KP2 though. I will see what happens with the money situation, as I am buying a few extra things. By the way I am very much liking your new direction in production, keep it up, sounding very promising, speak soon.

The reason why I am so wanting this KP2 as I dont really get into using the effects on the DJM600 even though I adore mixing on it. So having the Korg Kaoss beside me will definately spice things up.

Can you guys confirm to me I wont regret buying this product. Looks like it wont, but just want some assurance.

nova
23-02-2005, 12:06 PM
hi guys, ive been thinking of getting the kp2 to use with my synths and sequencer. to ad abit more fx! heard there pretty wicked on synths aswell. and few people do hav um in there studios. wot you think

RDR
23-02-2005, 12:39 PM
preset 61 is a beast! picotto style loop mangling and skipping!

machina
24-02-2005, 12:38 AM
yeah - the kp2 is definately the way to go... has more midi support, better sampling capabilities etc. and there was one in the trading post here in melbourne the other week for 400AUS - even at 600 it's a bargain.

machina

tekboi
28-02-2005, 09:44 PM
I got my hands on a new KP2 yesterday, got home and realised they didnt come with the cables to connect the unit to my DJM600's send/return.

Dont know why this is the case. Anyways will be buying the cables today hopefully and test this tasty looking thing tonight.

Much people on the board (DJs) use this in their sets?

Komplex
28-02-2005, 11:01 PM
most of the time no music instruments or pro-audio gear comes with cables unless you haggle with the sales person and get them to throw some in :)

Let us know how it goes mate!

tekboi
01-03-2005, 05:35 AM
I heard the KP2 can be used as a midi controller itself, now is this true and if so is it good enough for me to do so with programs such as cubase and fruityloops OR should I still purchase myself a Novation Remote 25 or MK425?

Thanks guys.

excelsis
03-03-2005, 02:10 AM
i used to own the Korg Kaoss mixer with the pad built in.... lol

i dont recommend getting that although it was fun when i just started out spining!
sound output didnt sound clear and it just didnt have the feel of a solid mixer.

machina
03-03-2005, 03:30 AM
I heard the KP2 can be used as a midi controller itself, now is this true and if so is it good enough for me to do so with programs such as cubase and fruityloops OR should I still purchase myself a Novation Remote 25 or MK425?

Thanks guys.

the answer is 'sort of' - you can control midi with it but it's definately not a substitute for a remote 25 or a mk425... different animal.

machina

gumpy green
04-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I got my hands on a new KP2 yesterday, got home and realised they didnt come with the cables to connect the unit to my DJM600's send/return.

Dont know why this is the case. Anyways will be buying the cables today hopefully and test this tasty looking thing tonight.

Much people on the board (DJs) use this in their sets?

yup i do ....did you check the links i said to give you an idea of it uses???

how are you getting on with it....came across any cool tricks with it yet??

278d7e64a374de26f==