PDA

View Full Version : Holy Ghost!

Ritzi Lee
21-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Yeah i'm wondering what these guys are up 2 now.
Heared they broke their cooperation a long time ago.

Anybody?
I think their music is still very innovating stuff.

massplanck
21-02-2005, 02:10 PM

Anybody?

There was a Holy Ghost liveset from Dogma doing the rounds recently. Dont know how old it was though. :neutral:

Florence
21-02-2005, 04:23 PM

Anybody?

There was a Holy Ghost liveset from Dogma doing the rounds recently. Dont know how old it was though. :neutral:

2002 I think...

luv' it ;)

Ritzi Lee
22-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Exept for massplanck and florence you really disappoint me all.
Totally nothing to say about these guys?
Come on!

neilried
22-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Only track of theirs I came across was (at least I think it was by them) 4am at the crying cactus.... was on the Perlen 1 Mix CD by Thomas Schumacher

Was wicked but that was arround the time I started to get into Techno and must admit had tottaly forgotten about them... till now...

basslinejunkie
22-02-2005, 07:15 PM
im still hunting for a few ghost tracks,but im starting 2 give up hope now :cry:

massplanck
22-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Has anyone here actually ever seen a ghost?

basslinejunkie
22-02-2005, 07:21 PM

u serious? or are you just taking the p*ss out of my lazyness?? :lol:

massplanck
22-02-2005, 08:04 PM

u serious? or are you just taking the p*ss out of my lazyness?? :lol:

:lol: They seem pretty elusive. Maybe they ARE ghosts.

Geoff
23-02-2005, 01:16 PM
The Dogma Holy Ghost set was indeed from 2002, it's still up on our server if anyone wants a copy ..

http://www.clubdogma.com/Sets_to_download/Guest_sets_from_Dogma/Holy_Ghost_live_-_April_2002/

Traxx
23-02-2005, 01:18 PM
They were on at the last i love techno im sure or was it someone else i seen called ghost? :hmm:

massplanck
23-02-2005, 01:21 PM
i see they made alot of breakbeat stuff in the late eighties - early ninties under name Holy Ghost Inc. Wonder what that stuff is like? Anyone had the pleasure?

neilried
23-02-2005, 01:51 PM
The Dogma Holy Ghost set was indeed from 2002, it's still up on our server if anyone wants a copy ..

http://www.clubdogma.com/Sets_to_download/Guest_sets_from_Dogma/Holy_Ghost_live_-_April_2002/

Rest of the sets on there look cool too, quite a catalog... if your site gets really slow tonight thats just me filling some minidiscs for my boarding holiday next week.... :rambo:

Nice 1!

dirty_bass
23-02-2005, 04:47 PM
I`ve never heard of them.
But I`ll check that set

xfive
23-02-2005, 05:41 PM
One of the first techno records I ever bought was a Holy Ghost on Tresor...
Good shiat. :clap:

massplanck
23-02-2005, 05:52 PM
this is the only bit of a bio i could find of them on the web. They are probably priests now or floating between rooms in the vaults of Tresor.

The Holy Ghost was one of the more theatrical techno producers of the late '90s, recording two full-length albums for Tresor: The Mind Control of Candy Jones (1996) and The Art Lukm Suite (1997), both considerably conceptual. In addition to the albums, Tresor also released a few Holy Ghost 12"s, which became quite popular among the global techno audience. In addition to appearing on several CD mix-albums and compilations, the Holy Ghost toured as a live act. In fact, the act's live show often overshadowed its recordings. By the end of the '90s, the Holy Ghost's relationship with Tresor had come to a halt, along with its recording output. ~ Jason Birchmeier, All Music Guide

basslinejunkie
23-02-2005, 06:03 PM
thats the 1 im after (art lokum suite)

if any1 would like 2 sell or knows of anywhere thats selling it,give us a shout please.

massplanck
23-02-2005, 06:05 PM
thats the 1 im after (art lokum suite)

if any1 would like 2 sell or knows of anywhere thats selling it,give us a shout please.

http:\\www.gemm.com

neilried
23-02-2005, 06:18 PM
A lil more info...

Holy Ghost Discography
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Holy+Ghost+Inc.

Holy Ghost Inc Discography
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Holy+Ghost+Inc.

And from Tresor Artist Pages....

Holy Ghost formed in London in 1989 with the intention of producing records that would capture and embody the feel of the big parties happening at the time. The first result was “The Word” single as well as a definite commitment to pursue further possibilities. Working in a variety of small but ‘atmospheric’ studios, they began to produce a highly sought-after collection of very personal, eclectic and self-financed records through their own label (also called “Holy Ghost”). It has always been Holy Ghost’s intention to find the more diverse and obscure angles, producing an elusive balance of excitement and intrigue. Longtime purveyors of boundless musical dance experiments using elements of broken-beat, apocalyptic funk, or flat-out Technostomp, Holy Ghost quickly established a name well-known and respected in the Underground for holding little regard for the prevalent and often fickle musical trends of the day. In 1992, the band’s experimentation became so diverse that it warranted the release of two records under the names ‘Saucer Crew’ and ‘Ouija Board,’ providing Holy Ghost a valve for some of their more ‘flipped out’ sessions. The band emerged from mystery in 1996 to appear with Tresor Records for their first-ever full-length release, “The Mind Control of Candy Jones”. “Candy...” exposed paranoia experimentation and hidden government schemes in a dark “X-Files meets J. Edgar Hoover” blend. The long-overdue fanfare that followed triggered two more landmark EP’s that firmly re-established Holy Ghost with an earned respect from the Underground. The vague and multi-personality American ex-pat Art Lukm connected with the band in 1997 to conspire on an even more mind-boggling scheme than “...Candy Jones”. Although spoken word and vocal bits have always existed in the Holy Ghost catalog, Lukm‘s bizarre dialogues enriched the band‘s texture, becoming especially evident during the live “attack”. “The Art Lukm Suite” album of late-1997 dredged the darkest scandal and conspiracy mythology of the century into a sort of ‘paranoia concentrate’: sonic tales from the darkside melding foreboding rhythms with quirky party elements. The seamless hour of music emulates the Holy Ghost liveshow in a fascinating portable party package. More accent on the Holy Ghost PA was stressed with the release of the two live EP releases from the Amsterdam (Tresor 107) and Berlin (Molecular UK) shows. Releasing „The Jesus Nut“ EP in 2000 (Tresor.139), Holy Ghost rattled our nerves a step further. Forging ahead with their tours and live sets, they use a theatrical approach with props and special lighting, mixing music with a sense of performance. The band is committed to presenting the audience with something they can take home with them; a unique atmosphere through imagery and mood that will stay with them long after the club doors shut and the hangover fades away.

;)

xfive
23-02-2005, 06:29 PM
mmm... Manchurian Candidate is the one I've got... :rambo:

Rizage
25-02-2005, 12:50 AM
mmm... Manchurian Candidate is the one I've got... :rambo:

I have that one as well. I put it on my last mix cd. It's in the "techno files" section.

Ritzi Lee
25-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Yeah that's what i'm talking about.
Always found them one of the acts who define the UK techno sound.
And what i'm noticing is that people are generelising the UK sound as one particular sound. (just look at the overall topics about this over here)

I'm just amazed about how many people (from UK) over here don't know these guys. They are even sick and maybe sicker than the whole Birmingham crew. Ohhh well, maybe it's a matter of how deep you your musical experience goes.

Don't want to bug anyone with it. ;)

Dustin Zahn
25-02-2005, 09:26 AM
I generally refrain from constant posts these days and focus my energy in the studio, but shit...Holy Ghost is the bomb plain and simple. I would kill to see something like the live pa they did at Dogma. The elvis impersonations only add to the crazy psychadelic vibe. Do people even make techno like that anymore? I keep busting out the old stuff.

djsirround
26-02-2005, 12:13 PM
no I thinkg the ghost you seen in I love Techno is another one if I am not wrong.

I bought their album Art Likum for less than 5 Euros, second hand obviously, he told me because it has two vinyls get for 5 euros hehe bargain :D

davethedrummer
27-02-2005, 10:54 AM
yeah something like
"gone fishing" ????

excellent record , and then there was the live version released too

Barely Human
28-02-2005, 05:20 PM
The hand of God track they did is still one of my all time favorites.

basslinejunkie
28-02-2005, 10:11 PM
The hand of God track they did is still one of my all time favorites.

that the one with the moody,vocal intro??

djsirround
28-02-2005, 10:26 PM
yes that one, very famous in malta

iffi
28-02-2005, 10:27 PM
im still hunting for a few ghost tracks,but im starting 2 give up hope now :cry:

everything is still available from Tresor-well worth havin.
Earlier stuff can go a bit trancey (imo) but some of it's good,so i can 4give them.

Saw them a couple of years ago in Brum n they didn't disappoint. Top band.
Bout time they showed themselves innit?
They can play on our rig anytime. ;)

djfurness
28-02-2005, 11:49 PM
love the hand of god by holy ghost....marks first tune at skelters 9th birthday......what i wanna know is did marks record jump or somethin....because the vinyl dont sound nothin like what it sounds like on the start of that tape!

Mindful
02-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Class techno Holy ghost.
any one know the name of that mad track with the vocal about 10 foot tall insects in a bar

"he said do you like my wings,I allways did want to fly,got me in to thinking he could read my mind"

madness

iffi
03-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Class techno Holy ghost.
any one know the name of that mad track with the vocal about 10 foot tall insects in a bar

"he said do you like my wings,I allways did want to fly,got me in to thinking he could read my mind"

madness

4am at the crying cactus. It's off the Live in Amsterdam 12

AcidTrash
04-03-2005, 10:03 AM

Anybody?

I saw them a while back. It was THE most boring live set I've ever heard in a club.

Ritzi Lee
04-03-2005, 02:09 PM

Anybody?

I saw them a while back. It was THE most boring live set I've ever heard in a club.

wow really?
that's to sad to hear man.

Mindful
04-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Class techno Holy ghost.

madness

4am at the crying cactus. It's off the Live in Amsterdam 12

Thats it Live in Amsterdam that is a ****in class record

mek
05-03-2005, 03:21 AM
The Holy Ghost track on Tresor is a classic!

duncandisorderly
01-04-2005, 10:40 PM
i still have a copy of the mind control of candy jones lp. awesome stuff, way ahead of its time.

neilried
13-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Picked up a gopy of Hand Of God from ebay for £3 :lol: yeah!

Gawd bless ebay.... Ocassionally

278d7e64a374de26f==