PDA

View Full Version :  Amp and speakers

eyes without a face
18-10-2002, 02:41 AM
anyone recommend a good amp and speaker system?

DJZeMig_L
18-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Depends on Budget and function U want' em 4...

All round :

Mackie HR824 are tha Shi*!!!, Not cheap though

Z

DJZeMig_L
22-10-2002, 05:05 PM
hey playa,

I don't have Mackie's :'( ... But A friend of mine does (Danny Casseau aka DJ Argonic) ... I have at my shop Alesis monitor 1s and Absolute 0 (love tha damn things... U jus have 2 b really carefull with tha bass.. they don't do under 50 hz )...

I've also tryed the genelecs at Cisco's very very good aswell (also the quested)...

So I C u r a nutter 4 movies like me eheheh just moved house so I'm kinda in tha sh*** right now.. but soon I'll sit down with my resonable (or quite unresonnable depending on view point lol) DVD collection and get down 2 some sampling ...

I guess U haven't received my package (as it included Drunk Chicken)... bloody Portuguese post.. that's what u get from being in the Europe's butt!

All I can do I send ya my copy!! mail me yer addy again .. zemigl@danceplanet.dj (and please tell Bam 2 do so aswell ... another HD fry Up killed all my contacts again! ).

I'll mail the guys at minimalistix 2 put ya on they're mailing list (just make sure u send'em back the reaction sheets!!).. A nice Lester Fitzp. just came out on the label!!

Ok gotta go now, hit me back ...

Z

JACKSTAR
22-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Hey Ze MigL,

Techno must be treating you OK if you've got the Mackie's........ehehehe. I would like to get them but i've got bought a new widescreen TV & DVD so gotta wait until next year.

I use a Samson servo 170 amp and Soundcraft Absolute Zero's which i've had for 5 years and they do the job but like the saying goes "bigger is better".

Have you got a copy of your "Drunk Chicken" track that you could spare ? I heard it on the Bam Bam mix and went mental. Hit me back soon.

Paul.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

Eneah
23-10-2002, 01:48 AM
Anyone know a good place to get hardware online? I'm mainly after a good amp at good price but im also looking for some speakers. Havent managed to find anywhere that really deals in them yet.
Eneah >:)Edited by: Eneah at: 10/22/02 7:50:49 pm

sinner
23-10-2002, 12:41 PM
Buying stuff online is great, but actually going into a shop can give you more advantages. The biggest one is that you can actually haggle with the guys most of the time to get a better deal on things, especially if you are buying more than one item, while online shops have a set specific price

And it also gives you a little more selection when you are buying. You might want X specific peice of gear, but they can give you a much better deal on the Y unit that works just as well, but theyve had sitting in the back for 9 months without selling.

Mike

You go in hard, and you go in fast.

Eneah
23-10-2002, 03:32 PM
Its a good thought but looking around town the only good shop is waaaay over priced. Is there anywhere i can look online, if only to get an idea of prices?
Eneah >:)

dan t
04-11-2002, 06:33 AM
www.terralec.com do a wide range of Sound Equip on a budget...esp check out there complete systems...may not be high enough standard but worth a look.

MARKEG
11-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Samson Servo for the amp - it's flat response... so you need flat response speakers too... Then you get a true representation of your sound... Mine are Alesis Monitor 1's.. Cheap, nasty and they do the job (bass end is a bit hard to tell sometimes though).. Alot of people swear by the Yamaha NS10's...

eyes without a face
11-11-2002, 10:24 PM
i was thinking of the Samson servo and Alesis Monitor 1's..... i presume u woudl recommend these as good starter gear?

MARKEG
12-11-2002, 01:14 AM
totally, it's what i started with 6 years ago and still use them now... time to upgrade soon i think but i don't want to blow my neighbours away :=]

eyes without a face
12-11-2002, 10:13 PM
kewl, the Alesis are 300 on digital village and the servo is 140 i think

mindbender
05-01-2003, 11:30 PM
THERE ARE ALOT OF FACTORS TO THIS QUESTION AT HAND... YOUR BEST BET IS TO GET A SENSIBLE PRICED AMPLIFIER-ANY HOME RECIEVER WILL DO. SONY AND KENWOODS ARE COOL. HOWEVER IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING MORE POWERFUL, QSC, CROWN, AND OLD CARVER(WENT OUT OF BUSINESS)AMPS ARE GREAT. KEEP IN MIND THESE SUGGESTIONS ARE SENSIBLE. IF YOU WANT CLEAR SOUNDING SPEAKERS, JBL OR MACKIES ARE COOL. IF YOU GOT MONEY, JUST BUY THOSE POWERED MONITORS BY MACKIE. THEY MIGHT BE DOWN TO ABOUT $550 A PIECE.......... ROCK ON! :twisted:

MARKEG
06-01-2003, 04:59 AM
mindbender, we love you - and that is great advice - but PWWWWEAAAAAAAASSSEEEEE turn your caps lock off..hehehhe...

278d7e64a374de26f==