PDA

View Full Version : Ignitian Technician

MARKEG
12-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Wicked producers. Excellent people.

But what does everyone else think of their sound?

I heard they're going to be doing a live 30 min mix on Fergie's show on Friday.

ampassasinbirmingham
12-05-2003, 07:46 PM
Yeah i thnk fergie only allows the extremeley big names to do 1hour mixes.

Im fast becoming a massive fan of ignitions sound. Not so much ignition, but their solo stuff. They released a load of solo stuff on pimp a while ago and it had that booty sound which im extremeley fond of. My favourite being wilko's work ya body

MARKEG
12-05-2003, 07:49 PM
oh god work ya body is an anthem!

BritishMurderBoy
12-05-2003, 08:53 PM
billy eventually got me to like work your body....

as for ig tech live, its great stuff undeniably but i can't listen to it for more than an hour... which is generally all they play..

to much jumbled beats and vocals... if i hear that eminem line "nobody listens to techno" again ill scream :shock:

Sunil
12-05-2003, 11:36 PM
I've been well into the stuff they've done on Punish, Planet Rhythm,Pimp and on Template, but they've done a bit too much of that "Party" type techno (obligotory vocal samples, over dominant high hats etc.) for me to be as interested in them as I was at the beginning...

MARKEG
13-05-2003, 12:01 AM
yeah i'm sometimes gettting annoyed with that type of techno. well, not annoyed of course (each to their own) but i'm just into my thing and that's percussive dark techno.work ya body was unreal but sometimes hip hop lyrics are just put over the top with no real effect. in fact... good point!!! i'm gonna start a new topic about this!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

massplanck
13-05-2003, 12:09 AM
yeah i'm sometimes gettting annoyed with that type of techno. well, not annoyed of course (each to their own) but i'm just into my thing and that's percussive dark techno.work ya body was unreal but sometimes hip hop lyrics are just put over the top with no real effect. in fact... good point!!! i'm gonna start a new topic about this!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I'm waiting for you to throw the first punch.... I'm a huge Pro-jex fan !!you've been warned !! ;)

MARKEG
13-05-2003, 12:13 AM
hahahha.... i like you man... not afraid to say what you think - you're nice about it at the same time which is what's needed on message boards :=]

i've started another topic about this... i'm sure you'll have summit to say there!!!

owain_k
13-05-2003, 12:37 AM
To be honest, i haven't been that fussed on some of their stuff but the release they put out on Tronic is particularly strong, punchy production & fat subbass ....... really works the floor !

Methodixxx
13-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Me loved "worq it" a few years back... they are a little hit and miss, but alot of their tunes will get a play at some point...

Worq It Mutha****er!

...and agreed, "Work Your Body" is their best for a while, gets a crowd jumping and you can drop it into anything!

TripleX
13-05-2003, 11:24 AM
I love them, escpecially their older stuff on wedafuqawi; they are one of my favorite producers

Sunil
13-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Definitely, their Lords of Shamboo releases on Wedafuqawi were great..

eyes without a face
13-05-2003, 01:21 PM
i dont mind some of their stuff, but some of it is not to my liking.

Wilko is an outstanding Dj tho, i remember they played Voodoo @ La Bateau once, they played Live first off then Wilko djed. the Live set was outstanding, then Wilko's dj set was incredible. sound guys aswell

Jimfish
13-05-2003, 01:33 PM
oh dear am i the only one who thiks they suck ass??
i have only heard a few of thier tracks and i thought they stunk
but they must have done some other record i havent heard that rock else they wouldnt be so popular...
I went to see them at atomic jam a while back to try and work out what all the fuss is about and i just wanted to cry... i can safely say they put on the worst performance i have ever seen in my life.... absolutly plop..
i am sure i am missing something with these guys as everbody seems to love em!

Buttman
13-05-2003, 02:04 PM
oh dear am i the only one who thiks they suck ass??

Not at all mate.

4play
13-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Isn't Ignition Technition behind all the "player" series???

Col
15-05-2003, 02:33 PM
ignition technition are ****ing exellent producers, there productions are so versatile, but i love the hard shit they make, theres not that many better, although i might be slightly biased coming from leeds myself.

John Vella
15-05-2003, 10:51 PM
I love them...

I think they're great....

They manage to make a brand of techno that is more on the fun side without getting tacky...

-JOHNNY

MARKEG
16-05-2003, 01:35 AM
hehe.. i'm from leeds too and i know what you mean - leeds defo has a sound ;) could be summit to do with the orbit dont you think?????!!!!!!

MARKEG
16-05-2003, 01:38 AM
i do think that they use alot of the same drums a little bit too much. but i put about 5 of there new records together today in the mix and i liked what i heard - not as thought provoking as some stuff but still good solid techno dance music that will keep the floor happy.

djbuzzbe
16-05-2003, 03:11 PM
iv seen the igniations three times live twice at atomic jam once at inshshuk and every time wicked proper party pumping techno gets the whole place rocking :D there tecchno is lots of vocals over hi-hats and 4/4 drums without becoming to tacky

anx
16-05-2003, 06:25 PM
50% of there stuff is excellent in my opinion

i cant stand their ignition lable
wedafuqawi is awesome, their dark shit is great, and some of their hard funky techno is really good

but really, you only need like 5 or 6 of their tracks cause if you own that many you pretty much own them all...

Stuart
16-05-2003, 06:41 PM
we had them play at Inukshuk in April. People were saying that night was some of the best techno played out in ages. their set was blinding blow the dance floor away and there was alot of people there.

another live act to look out for is WezTon he also played that night his set will be available on CD at the next Inukshuk. pounding techno.

Stuart
16-05-2003, 06:43 PM
I really need a copy of wilko's emeniem stuff. "no one listens to Techno" and "Trailer trash Girls"

Gimme if any one has them

ampassasinbirmingham
16-05-2003, 08:50 PM
i think that "no-one listens to techno" track was a limited edition chris leibing track unless they have made on themselves.

BritishMurderBoy
17-05-2003, 12:55 PM
was that the one they handed out at U60311?

TripleX
17-05-2003, 01:55 PM
yes it was. I have it

Dustin Zahn
18-05-2003, 03:42 AM
The first two records on wedafuqawi were excellent, the first and second thereom's. After that, I haven't really been a huge fan of their output since. All hating aside though, I can see where their tracks would do definite amounts of damage on the dancefloor.

BritishMurderBoy
18-05-2003, 12:17 PM
u couldn't avoid dropping that into the convo could ya tripleX..... luckt bugger :wink:

daviec
18-05-2003, 01:49 PM
was that the one they handed out at U60311?

Woops. I just tidied that away. I'm getting the mp3 soon hopefully (nae pressure triple x :wink: . Who wants to see my mate sozzled...
[quote="Entire BOA board"]
"GERRRITINTAEYE!"

I can't believe my "mates" let we listen to....

"When I rock you don't distrusbe me,
rythym that makes your mind thirtsrty,
Whetn I rock you ... suck it and see...
suck and it and see.... suck it and see... suck it and see..... !!!!

daviec
18-05-2003, 01:51 PM
[quote=BritishMurderBoy]was that the one they handed out at U60311?

Woops. I just tidied that away. I'm getting the mp3 soon hopefully (nae pressure triple x :wink: . Who wants to see my mate sozzled...

"GERRRITINTAEYE!"

I can't believe my "mates" let we listen to....

"When I rock you don't distrube me,
rythym that makes your mind thirtsrty,
When I rock you ... suck it and see...
suck and it and see.... suck it and see....!!!!

JACKSTAR
18-05-2003, 07:37 PM
I liked some of the early stuff but I think they have climbed on the crossover bandwagon sound to shift somemore numbers which is why people like Fergie are getting into that sound. Personally I think that whole sound is on it's last legs and I think it's time to get some new samples.

P.

Sunil
18-05-2003, 08:00 PM
I liked some of the early stuff but I think they have climbed on the crossover bandwagon sound to shift somemore numbers which is why people like Fergie are getting into that sound. Personally I think that whole sound is on it's last legs and I think it's time to get some new samples.

P.

Seems this way alright, personally I prefer the way they use samples, or at least vocal samples, in their hard techno tracks; as they generally use just snippets as opposed to a full cheesy refrain or tired booty sample. Ideally speaking techno is about pushing boundaries or at least being something that you have not yet heard before, while they have developed their own sound it is too recycled to stand out as anything particularly important, regardless if it's good club techno...

MARKEG
18-05-2003, 11:34 PM
point taken jackstar...... they're using the same drum's too much!!!!

i played a load of their records together this weekend as an experiment and to be honest i started to get a little bored. after a while all you can hear is kick/hi-hat/clap (or finger click - as they use sooo much) and sound.

i love these guy's, their sound is very unique. i don't doubt they'd rock the house on a live pa at the mo (technically they outstrip so many other artists) but as a DJ who's played there stuff since day one, please take it forward guys!!!

my 2 centzzz anyway...

Col
19-05-2003, 11:18 AM
hehe.. i'm from leeds too and i know what you mean - leeds defo has a sound ;) could be summit to do with the orbit dont you think?????!!!!!!
Yes i agree mark, with producers such as yourself and chrissi, mike humphries, ignition technition there is a strong techno link coming from leeds, the techno party scene is strong with nights such as the orbit, cabbage, euphonic, superconductor, but i do feel there is a appreciation of techno on a wider scale in leeds, not just the harder side of techno.

And yes maybe the orbit has a big influence on the productions coming out of leeds, i know your productions along with humphries, and ignition technition would go down a treat at the orbit, so yes i suppose your right leeds does have its own sound and its something to be proud of....LEEDS TECHNO ROCKS! :P
there

daviec
19-05-2003, 05:27 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I'd like to apologise for my last post. I don't have a clue what I was going on about there. Must remember not to post when I'm wasted.

:oops: Sorry :oops:

MARKEG
19-05-2003, 10:07 PM
hahaha daviec... hilarious.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mayzee
04-06-2003, 02:54 PM
Wicked producers. Excellent people.

But what does everyone else think of their sound?

I heard they're going to be doing a live 30 min mix on Fergie's show on Friday.
I saw them live at Atomic Jam a number of months back...

one of *the* most badly produced live sets I've seen *ever*

over the last couple years I've been getting v into watching people play live... speedy J, landstrumm, berkovi, sienkiwicz, all excellent..

but IT were utter utter poop, levels all wrong, out of time.. bleuargh

not overkeen on their tunes either... most of them (and in fact this point is valid for a lot of hard techno being produced at the minute) people are making a banging hard loop, and then making a track out of it... except the track does fk all, few filters, volume envelopes, but thats it... dull...

To be honest when tunes are like that you don't need the 'tune', you just need a lock groove from it and an effects unit and you can re-create the whole thing yourself...

TripleX
04-06-2003, 02:58 PM

I'd like to apologise for my last post. I don't have a clue what I was going on about there. Must remember not to post when I'm wasted.

that happens to me áll the time, now you know why i was not saying that much in icq :lol: :lol: :lol:

daviec
04-06-2003, 04:27 PM

that happens to me áll the time, now you know why i was not saying that much in icq :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've found a few more embarassing posts since then, all from that day :oops: :lol:

However, a weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend :wink:

I'll just need to stay away from message boards during those weekends. :D

BritishMurderBoy
04-06-2003, 11:52 PM
However, a weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend

i'll remeber that, quality quote...

Jimfish
05-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Mayzee:
yep thats probably when i saw them, and i had to leave the room..
I couldnt believe they get paid for doing that after seeing them at AJ
Definitly one of the worst live performances i have ever seen..
:(
and i was expecting it to be so good!:(

Adverse
06-06-2003, 01:59 AM
you are not the first person i have heard say that

Col
06-06-2003, 02:14 PM
ive heard that their live PA is quite good from several sources

Esox Lucius
06-06-2003, 02:34 PM
I saw them at atomic jam last year and they were pretty good, even dropped rappers delight.

serox
06-06-2003, 02:51 PM
i saw them also and was not as good as i heard...

tell you who was good who i saw other day live at Egg in london, at billy nastys night i think it is? Antony Rother, great live electro using mic etc, mad robot voices :)
was a quality night, and free drinks haha

Esox Lucius
06-06-2003, 04:44 PM
anthony rother is my fav electro producer, still to see him live...was it a live set? did he do destroy him my robots?

serox
20-06-2003, 09:11 AM
yes he was live, and yes he did that tune :)
was doing mad electro voices all way thru was great

Rob_Shinra
23-06-2003, 03:36 AM
I went to see Ignition Technician in a small night in Cork, Ireland and was awfully disappointed with their set after being a fan of some of their records.It seemed like a pretty pointless effort, they had absoulutly no enthusiasm at all, albeit there wasn'y many peeps on the dancefloor but still when you're getting paid you should still put in the effort for a proper show.I've heard like many of you have been saying that they change their quality with live sets but I began as a fan but haven't been impressed with much they have done of late, I thought their release on Tronic recently was appaling.

dcdn
23-06-2003, 09:50 AM
i also liked them in their early stages (that planet rhythm with glenn wilson, template 13), they are sometimes just putting things over the top in heir tracks. they've put out the agressiveness on their tracks, they're much more clear and straight then before...
unfortunetaly

278d7e64a374de26f==