PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy an MP3 player...

Daire
22-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Couldn't figure out which forum to post this, so sorry if its an inconvenience:

With the market flooded with so many different models at the moment, Im having a real head ache trying to pick one.

The biggest pain in the arse is the fact that most MP3 players Iv come across can't play mix CD's without putting a horrible gap in them. Now I know with the iPod you can save a mix CD as one long file, but thats still a pain in the arse. Plus it also runs battery down even quicker.

So does any one know of any MP3 players that can at least let me listen to a mix CD properly? I think the Creative Zen Touch can, but thats a bit of a brick.

Maybe there are some programmes I can download to help. I really wanna get one of those new iRivers, the H-10's. They look wicked. I love the fact that its a drag and drop HDD.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dáire

gumpy green
22-02-2005, 02:50 PM
id go for the i-river 40gb one but im not sure about it leaving out the gaps...my mate has one so ill try to remeber to ask him.

defo not an i-pod tho.

Daire
22-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Yea, Iv figured out not to get an iPod, I know that much at least. If you could remember to ask your mate it would be brilliant.

Cheers Gumpy

romelpotter
22-02-2005, 03:00 PM
sack the mp3 player and get one of these bad boys

http://www.tekniskamuseet.se/upload/Samlingar/walkman.jpg

i had one and it comes with an attractive sholder strap, indervidual L and R volume sliders, a fecking record button, a little speaker on the back, plus all the usuall ff and rw gadgetery :lol: :lol:

man_d
22-02-2005, 03:21 PM
doesn't matter what you get, they all do it.

it's to do with the file format of mp3, the only way the track markers can be recognised is as a gap.

apparently.

278d7e64a374de26f==