PDA

View Full Version : Cubase SX Installation

tekboi
13-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Not sure if there has been a topic about this.
I have only just recently gone from the earlier Cubase to downloading the new Cubase SX.

The thing is I install Cubase SX and when I go to open the .exe file it says something like protection object not connected or something like that and doesn't me open it. So on installation they give you a cubase sx update file where when you double click it, it starts to download a patch crack for cubase sx this takes so long and in the end says unable to connect to server. So I cant even get passed this installation process.

Might something so little or stupid, but just a little confused thats all hehe

Hope someone can help, thanks alot everyone.

4play
13-05-2003, 01:23 PM
IS this a legit version?

Sounds like its trying to connect to the internet? IS this what your trying to do download it from steignberg

I know when you install SX you get an update file where you can download updates but havnt really come across your problem!

Give me some more information!

Jimfish
13-05-2003, 01:23 PM
yeah, thats the turd version...
try downloading another...

Jimfish
13-05-2003, 01:24 PM
hey we were writing replys to that at exactly the same time....weird

tekboi
13-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey Jim you trouble maker hehe,

What do you mean its a turd version champ? How do I identify if its not this version but another? I mean have downloaded 2 120MB files and they are both the same, havent seen any other kind?

4Play: Without going to the update file, it doesnt let me open the normal cubase sx .exe it gives me an error saying that protection object not connected, so then when i restart my pc it says continuing installation through the update file and then that takes who knows how long to install and in the end doesnt even connect to that specific server hehe I think I have a very turdy version indeed (though its funny coz i have download 2 different files and its the same hhmm)

who knows hhmm

Jimfish
14-05-2003, 09:35 AM
just keep downloading, took me a few goes to get one thats right...
try one with a slightly diff. file size...

observer
15-05-2003, 01:34 AM
When it talks about protection object its saying it can´t find the dongle. And if you don´t have a dongle it´s a crack version. I thought you weren´t supposed to talk about unreged software on this forum? Sorry if I´m a pain, I´m just observing things.

MARKEG
15-05-2003, 10:32 AM
yeah i'm really sorry guys but i have to say please dont talk about stuff like this in public view. software companies are actually starting to shut down sites like ours.

oh look - there's the 'PM' button :wink:

Barely Human
15-05-2003, 02:12 PM
haha...

Dont use cracked software!! You bad,bad boy!!

observer
15-05-2003, 03:47 PM
haha...

Dont use cracked software!! You bad,bad boy!!

Exactely! Don´t you have any morals? LOL :twisted:

log:one
15-05-2003, 07:13 PM
now that is a quality avatar... sometimes, not often, but sometimes, i like the idea of a chimp with a camera.

tekboi
16-05-2003, 03:06 AM
So sorry Mark, I didnt really know about this matter, shall not do it again.

Thanks anywayz everyone!!!

MARKEG
16-05-2003, 03:25 AM
dont worry man.. we've been talking about c software here for ages but it's only recently i've had to sort it out.

dont forget that pm button... or the chat function!!!

Jimfish
16-05-2003, 11:30 AM
oooh, does this mean i get a spanking....oh goody gumdrops!

MARKEG
19-05-2003, 12:20 AM
bend over you slut

Hakka.
19-05-2003, 12:24 AM
you filthy pirates!!!

hahahahahahahaha....

278d7e64a374de26f==