PDA

View Full Version : reverse reveeb on vocals

alpha_unit
23-02-2005, 09:59 PM
whats the easiest way to do this ?

cheers!

Dave Elyzium
23-02-2005, 11:51 PM
take your vocal sample and reverse it in your sound editor, insert enough silence at the end of the reveresed sample to take the revern tail, add reverb with a decay settign corresponding to your silence you put at the end of the sample 7-10 seconds is enough.
then simply reverse the sample again after applying your reverb and shift the new sample in your sequencer to correct timing....

also try adding another reverb after reversing the sample back again so it trails in and out ;)

EmotionComplex
24-02-2005, 12:00 AM
i hope ive explained this right as ive just knocked this 'guide' up in 10 seconds haha but heres how you do what i think it is you mean.

www.emotioncomplex.co.uk/reverb1.JPG

www.emotioncomplex.co.uk/reverb2.JPG

1) Original Sample (i didnt use a vocal but the exact same method hasbeen used)

2) highlight the start of the sample, (first word or a small section of the beggining of the sample) then select 'cut'

3) paste the short section into a new project or a space at the end of the current sample (you can delete it afterwrds)

4) process the section you have copied with whatever reverb plug in you use, set the reverb decay time as suited to how long you want the reverb to lead in later (you can allways adjust this with a volume envelope or fade later)

5) highlight the new part of the wave from the reverb processing just after the original section you used.

6) cut and paste into a new project or again empty space further down the original wave, now reverse then cut the new reversed verb section.

7) locate the very start of the orignal sample/vocal waveform

8) paste the verb tail at the beggining

www.emotioncomplex.co.uk/reverse_verb.mp3 and there you go :)

EmotionComplex
24-02-2005, 12:00 AM
damn you dave, i knew some fecker would post befoer i had finished :lol:

Dave Elyzium
24-02-2005, 12:34 AM
haha sorry greg

278d7e64a374de26f==