PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee "Sign of the times"

BRADLEE
24-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm not quite done with it yet, but here is something I started last night. Just some hard stuff to drive the floor. Please tell me what you think...

http://iluvtekno.com/BradLee_Signs.mp3

audioinjection
24-02-2005, 04:28 PM
damn man, this is some hard stuff here, phat shit brad

everything sounds in place to me, good job

BRADLEE
24-02-2005, 05:00 PM
damn man, this is some hard stuff here, phat shit brad

everything sounds in place to me, good job

Nice, thanks David. Considering you're a master of sound, that is a huge compliment.

Traxx
24-02-2005, 06:20 PM
This will get the floor moving for sure :cool:

BRADLEE
24-02-2005, 07:55 PM
his will get the floor moving for sure

Cool man, thank you sir. Anybody else peep this one out???

fatcollective
24-02-2005, 09:19 PM
yeah man, this is disgusting, loads of really weird things goin on, nice little stabs in the background and the break is superb, absolutly love the way things drop back in, what a great track ...well done man :clap:

steve

BRADLEE
24-02-2005, 09:49 PM
wow, and I just thought this one was ok...Cool. Thank you very much amigo for the comments. You guys make some dope fecking tracks to man!!!! :rambo:

Honeey
24-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Nice

I really like the cool trippy sounds in the background.

Hard but smooth.

Ya the ravers would go off to this.

CORROSIVE
24-02-2005, 10:39 PM
safe as f.u.c.k!!! the breakdown is sweeeeet!!

PROPA 'ARD TECHNO!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

BRADLEE
24-02-2005, 10:55 PM
:dance: man, you guys are making me smile ear to ear...seriously thanks guys. I'm going to try and get this thing wrapped up tonight. I also have a few others just about ready. So keep your ears and eyes pealed :rambo:

xfive
24-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Nice one Brad... I think you need some synths in there for a bit of spice tho...
Nothin crazy just some bit of twang here and there :lol:

Other than that keep us posted.... nice n bangin! ;)

The Overfiend
25-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Compress the main channel,
Add some variation in mids & hi's after the break.
Otherwise Yes. Solid.

dirty_bass
25-02-2005, 02:14 AM
Pretty sick man.
Nice mangled up nastiness.

Production is pretty good, the only thing is that everything is a little too mashed together, probably due to compression, and certian elements lack presence.

The kick is real clean and crisp, and the hats, that should be in balance with it, are a little too compressed and undefined against each other. Maybe back the compression off a little to allow them to breath, and have a little crispness.

I`d try to get more definition into the mids as well, as they are a little too mashed also.

But this is like a first draft, so it`s stuff you can sort out, no doubt.

Good work mang

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ritzi Lee
25-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Nice one Brad... I think you need some synths in there for a bit of spice tho...
Nothin crazy just some bit of twang here and there :lol:

Other than that keep us posted.... nice n bangin! ;)

Yeah!
But adding some synths will be a bit more difficult to mix it properly because there are really a lot of sounds mangled up in here.

Maybe the trick is to devide al the sounds with some panning a bit to create some space, and then adding some synths.

;)

Jimfish
25-02-2005, 10:37 AM
yeah, umm i guess its good for that kind of thing..

dont think ill coment on it though as its right out of my taste boundaries so anything i have to say will be pretty much irrelevant to you guys ;)

eyes without a face
25-02-2005, 10:37 AM
at the risk of being the one to piss on the chips, i didnt really like this one too much :(

i think its a little hard for hards sake at the moment, the kick was clean altho quite dry, and the rest of the mix is way to cluttered and distorted at times, needs alot of seperating and some eq work i think

i dont really dig this kinda stuff overall as a rule so my comments are probably not too valid but there ya go!

j_s
25-02-2005, 02:38 PM
i quite like the way everything blends together. is maybe a little on the crunchy side, which doesn't do much for the punchiness of it. as a track, though, it's sounding very nice....

BRADLEE
25-02-2005, 04:16 PM
well I'm glad that some of you liked it. Like I said, it's one days worth of work and I still have alot of things to sort out. NO worries, I'll be working on it more as time progresses. I did some more work to it last night, but I forgot to bring the file with me today. Will post the updated version next week. Thanks again. :cool:

stjohn
25-02-2005, 04:30 PM
sounds pretty kickin on my headfones..... and the kick is nice and clear throughout the mix!! well structured (for the style) and well mashed up... i havnt bought this style in a while (since maybe wittekinds 5th release) but it is rockin all the same.. fair deuce :clap:

BRADLEE
25-02-2005, 07:48 PM
sounds pretty kickin on my headfones..... and the kick is nice and clear throughout the mix!! well structured (for the style) and well mashed up... i havnt bought this style in a while (since maybe wittekinds 5th release) but it is rockin all the same.. fair deuce

Thank you sir. I'll definately re-post the most current version on Monday!!! Glad you liked it man.

Barely Human
26-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Just checked this out now man. Some really good elements in here, love the way it breaks down and then back in again, but i think the production is letting this track down. The whole mix is very muddy, things dont seam to have that snap to them. I think some EQ could help solve the problem. Other than that, a good track mate. I'll check out your updated verion when you post it :cool:

BRADLEE
26-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Thank you sir...and yes you are correct. I did a bit of Eq'ing to it last night to remove some FrEQ's I did not need. So hopefully it sounds a bit better now. Thank you once again, and I will be re-posting it Monday.

curly
28-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Hard and Dark dance floor stuff, Just the way i play a late set. this tune hits the spot and if it gets released i will be buying it. The femail vox sound that starts in the break 1:57 inspired me, used to have a vintage keys that was good for this, how did you create yours?

Keep up the good work, and can't weight to hear the latest version.

BRADLEE
28-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Hard and Dark dance floor stuff, Just the way i play a late set. this tune hits the spot and if it gets released i will be buying it. The femail vox sound that starts in the break 1:57 inspired me, used to have a vintage keys that was good for this, how did you create yours?

Thank you very much man. Although I still need to bring the other version of it. I removed some of the clutter now, but I have yet to upload the new file.

As for the female vocal sound, it was a sample from an Anime Flick called "X". Alot of my pads and FX come from movies really. I am a sample addict. Currently I have 120GB of wavs roughly....

Adverse
28-02-2005, 11:24 PM
yeah, umm i guess its good for that kind of thing..

dont think ill coment on it though as its right out of my taste boundaries so anything i have to say will be pretty much irrelevant to you guys ;)

spoken like true nob :P

TimoBenz
08-03-2005, 10:15 PM
hard stuff.... a little bit too hard for my virgin ears ;)

BRADLEE
08-03-2005, 10:19 PM
yeah it's not quite so hard now. I changed it quite a bit from what it used to sound like. I'm also collabing with Martin now on this one. So once it;s done we'll re-post the finished version. Lost an HD so that is why I nevr re-posted the other version...

BloodStar
10-03-2005, 10:18 AM
nice track. hard pounding stuff :clap: ..like the break around 2:00... production is perfect. nice twisting grooves. i§m not too keen on kick,,but ok.. nice one,.,

loopdon
11-03-2005, 04:51 PM
martin = loopdon,
for those who might have been wondering :cool:

BRADLEE
11-03-2005, 09:35 PM
martin = loopdon,
for those who might have been wondering

My bad amigo, Yes I am collabing with Loopdon now on this one. You guys will get to hear some more results soon!!!

loopdon
11-03-2005, 10:06 PM
:rambo:

detfella
14-03-2005, 10:29 AM
looking forward to that!! have u taken it offline now, awaiting the rework?

BRADLEE
14-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Yes we will be posting it again soon. My website is down right now, so all of my links are dead at the moment. Sorry about that guys....

Although soon, we will have this up so you all may listen ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==