http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/170053-01.htm

Comments?

The Overfiend
25-02-2005, 12:39 AM
:snooty:
Not feelin it.

schlongfingers
25-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Really like the B side - good to see him experimenting. Sounds like a less extrovert Tube Jerk.

g
25-02-2005, 12:54 AM
i hear Benisch....

sounds like adam found the middle ground between truesoul and code red
and yeah the b side is interesting

just watch, now everything is going to slow down

Adverse
25-02-2005, 01:14 AM
eh.

Kevin Gorman
25-02-2005, 01:44 AM
I liked it, quite minimal and mellow

Fordy
25-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I really like it and the last one with Henrik B - The Conversation, Joel Mull has released some similar minimal goodness.

Really feeling this sound atm.

Progressive techno haha, I probably should say that, it might catch on :nono:

Fordy
25-02-2005, 11:53 AM
shouldnt* :doh:

conflict
25-02-2005, 02:01 PM
absolutely love this style

quality

Joseph Isaac
25-02-2005, 08:18 PM
sounds like adam found the middle ground between truesoul and code red
and yeah the b side is interesting

I couldn't have put it better.

Dustin Zahn
25-02-2005, 08:41 PM
I was skeptical of the Mad Eye series at first. 1 track on the Conversation was so bad ass, and this new one by Beyer is equally good. Sometimes I don't think this supercharged microhouse sound works right but sometimes it's pulled off really well. I can see a lot of Beyer fans not liking this material because it's so different, not enough compression, sub bass, monotonus drums for the fans. This kind of stuff is REALLY hot here right now. There's a time and place for this...most Beyer records work well at 1am, this stuff is great for 3 or 4 in the morning.

My favorite part is the people who complain that Beyer is good for nothing but hard techno and he's stuck on his ways. The production quality on here is better than 95% of the stuff spoken about on this forum lately if you look at it from a production standpoint. People blame the guy for not looking to the future, once he does they blame him for doing so. Not all techno is about 140bpm compression, off-beat kick drum patterns, and open hi-hats!

Adverse
25-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Not all techno is about 140bpm compression, off-beat kick drum patterns, and open hi-hats!

hear ye! hear ye!

Joseph Isaac
25-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Not all techno is about 140bpm compression, off-beat kick drum patterns, and open hi-hats!

Well done. I actually enjoyed this EP and as of late I haven't been a fan of much of his music and before that I was a die-hard Beyer fan. I must admit that I, myself am getting more into slower, minimal (for lack of a better term), techno that has more of a creative atmosphere to it as opposed to simply pounding beats and triplet kicks. But, suffice it to say, I still love the hard stuff...

tekboi
26-02-2005, 01:44 AM
I think this is an outstanding release! This formula used in the Mad Eye releases have touched me more than anything else as of recent, my favourite label at the moment.

First 2 releases I cant stop playing, and as for this one, its brilliant, one melodi workout which is mesmerising and the other a dark minimal yet heavy workout which I cant stop bopping my head to.

Cant wait to get my hands on it. Great stuff!

Stella Boy
26-02-2005, 11:14 AM
I would never have guessed that was beyer but i'm glad i listened to it now, good stuff

Bas Mooy
26-02-2005, 03:37 PM
big fan of the number 2, but have to say that i also really like this one!

The Overfiend
26-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Hmm
Not saying he aint a good producer, thats idiotic.
I am just thinking I miss material like
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF22878-01-02-01.mp3
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF101614-02-01-06.mp3

Kevin Gorman
26-02-2005, 07:04 PM
I heard he's working on another Truesoul full album.

schlongfingers
27-02-2005, 01:50 AM
I miss stuff like 'Crispy Bits' and 'Tasty Bits'.

Ooh no I don't there they are on my shelf :D

I'm impressed with Beyer, he's covers more breadth than I thought.

Joseph Isaac
27-02-2005, 03:59 AM
I miss stuff like 'Crispy Bits' and 'Tasty Bits'.

Ooh no I don't there they are on my shelf :D

I'm impressed with Beyer, he's covers more breadth than I thought.

Both of those were sick! I remember just layering 3 Drumcode records and flip-flopping basslines and how much fun it was...I must say Drumcode records is what taught me how to mix on three.

davethedrummer
28-02-2005, 09:25 PM
My favorite part is the people who complain that Beyer is good for nothing but hard techno and he's stuck on his ways. The production quality on here is better than 95% of the stuff spoken about on this forum lately if you look at it from a production standpoint. People blame the guy for not looking to the future, once he does they blame him for doing so. Not all techno is about 140bpm compression, off-beat kick drum patterns, and open hi-hats!

i totally agree
i'm kind of getting this a bit myself these days with the acid pigeon hole.
adam beyer has always in my eyes been a versatile techno artist , i just wish people could be little more open minded about this kind of thing.

dirty_bass
28-02-2005, 09:45 PM
i totally agree
adam beyer has always in my eyes been a versatile techno artist , i just wish people could be little more open minded about this kind of thing.

Get back in your acid pidgeon hole you slag, who said you were alowed out?

loopdon
28-02-2005, 10:42 PM
:shock:

:crackup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tioneb
01-03-2005, 07:17 PM
I was skeptical of the Mad Eye series at first. 1 track on the Conversation was so bad ass, and this new one by Beyer is equally good. Sometimes I don't think this supercharged microhouse sound works right but sometimes it's pulled off really well. I can see a lot of Beyer fans not liking this material because it's so different, not enough compression, sub bass, monotonus drums for the fans. This kind of stuff is REALLY hot here right now. There's a time and place for this...most Beyer records work well at 1am, this stuff is great for 3 or 4 in the morning.

Hmm i see your point.. We cannot blame Beyer taking other directions than the Drumcode loop techno. I say congrats to him to try to sound ifferent becasue techno ahs to be renewed these days.

Production-wise i agree hte mad eye stuff is very well done. But outside this the tracks is boring. It actually the common point of most of Beyer's music. Production has actually always been a trick to make the kids buy the records in the shops, but it does not affect significatively the quality of a track. Sure it helps it to be more Dj-freidnly and, above all sell-freindly but except some precise records, mastering has never made me not buy a track i like.

IMo his most achieved project stays Ignition Key, and interestingly, the production is not the best point of the album.

On a more "mad eye" styled music, his "17th" ep sounds IMO ten times better than that new EP.

dirty_bass
01-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Techno has become production over content as of late.
These tunes are good, but remained in my memory for about 5 minutes.
Instantly forgetable.
I thought these tunes were an average foray for beyer into this type of sound, which is done far better, and with more class and personality, by many others, look to the cadenza label for a start.

Tony fron BOA is the man for this stuff.

audioinjection
01-03-2005, 08:04 PM
yeah this release isnt bad at all actually, pretty phat stuff

InDeepSpace
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
A-side isnt bad if there wouldnt be this high-chirping sounds in it.

tekboi
02-03-2005, 12:08 AM
I honestly dont understand, the material on this release is better than so much of stuff that is recommended on this board. Beyer takes another direction, and a great direction in my opinion and immediately people start coming up with little negatives.

This label has brought something fresh into my ears, great release I say again!

Sunil
02-03-2005, 12:28 AM
I thought these tunes were an average foray for beyer into this type of sound, which is done far better, and with more class and personality, by many others, look to the cadenza label for a start.

You think? This is definitely in the same league as Cadenza. It kind of plods (like most minimal techno) but the sound is nice, Mad Eye is a good label in my opinion.

With regard "Ignition Key", I found it in many ways Beyer's homage to Detroit, while still sounding frsh and updated.. damn, even the Detroit heads found it pleasing to the ears :clap: I will be interested to see what he does next though with regard an album, he's still committed and got a lot to offer as a producer it seems, unlike many others who have fallen by the wayside.

davethedrummer
02-03-2005, 12:59 AM
love the track snuff
i just got round to checking it out and i think its fantastic!
reminds me a little of the henrik b manwolf b side
simliar glitchy rythmns but more mellow and tuneful

beyer is a genius

davethedrummer
02-03-2005, 01:11 AM
i totally agree

Get back in your acid pidgeon hole you slag, who said you were alowed out?

oh piss off before i whack you with my 303 !

dirty_bass
02-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Go on then, if you sign the bruises I can take a picture and sell it on Ebay.

"Mould taken from Genuine bruises caused by Dave the Drummers 303, good quality plaster of paris used. You can clearly see the wear on the cut off Knob"

Hehe

djshiva
03-03-2005, 05:45 AM

honestly haven't heard this new one, but i gotta say my favorite stuff he's done is when he has strayed away from the super compressed drummy stuff. i love my hard tech, but damn i love some creativity too.

BloodStar
04-03-2005, 12:19 PM
i like the A side.. For me this is much more interesting than older "typical" Beyer Drumcode stuff. i was quite surprised after 1st listen. on the 2nd i was more into it.. now i love it, don't know why.
:clap: :clap:

xfive
04-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Go on then, if you sign the bruises I can take a picture and sell it on Ebay.

"Mould taken from Genuine bruises caused by Dave the Drummers 303, good quality plaster of paris used. You can clearly see the wear on the cut off Knob"

Hehe

bahaha :lol: :lol:

greencross
04-03-2005, 01:48 PM
I really think Beyer and Hanrik are pulling off real futuristic track, I mean not the same stuff thats being made from the past 2 years.

I feel this Mad Eye Label as the new insignia of what techno shhoud start to be from now On.

I really enjoy both sides of the conversation, tho I didnt like too much the first release of mad eye, as I think it has a lack of consistency.

Definitively Snuff and Noise is another release, this time even more experimental than the previous ones.

I hope these guys would settle a new way to see techno, cos in my way of looking at things, i think techno stooped being futuristic since several years ago.

278d7e64a374de26f==