PDA

View Full Version : Techno discourages violence ?

FIK
26-02-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm fairly new to the board, so I don't know if there allready is a topic about this.
Here it goes:Over here in Belgium we rarely have fights at technoparty's. Yet at other party's where they play various styles of music, they have fights every weekend. Even if you somehow attract a not-used-to-techno-crowd(wich has happened before) they seem to behave. Over the years I have only witnessed two incidents.Bouncers are not needed at small venues.
I don't know about the other 'scenes' around the world, but I think it's pretty much the same.
Ok, you say it's because of the drugs involved, but there are a lot of people who don't use it so...
What causes this friendly and warm vibe at technoparty's? Is it down to the fact that you have a small group of people who just want to listen to good music ? Or is it that our music just doesn't appeal to an agressive crowd ?

Komplex
26-02-2005, 03:16 AM
well its simple.

its good music.

when they go to a place with bad music, they just want to bash people to release their anger at the shit music thats playing.

:twisted:

Sunil
26-02-2005, 04:05 PM
well its simple.

its good music.

when they go to a place with bad music, they just want to bash people to release their anger at the shit music thats playing.

Yep. Bad clubs with bad music = Drunken meatheads and louts who failed to score any girls, and want to cause trouble because they think it's impressive.

Sometimes I've seen groups of coked up punters fighting after clubs but not very often, most of the vicious stuff I've seen involved bouncers. In saying that I remember a club over here called "The Olympic" where I saw people breaking bottles over one another's heads after it. That wasn't a techno club though, they were playing classics and cheesy house :roll:

Generally I've never seen any violence at techno events or gigs over here.

Mirsha
26-02-2005, 06:46 PM
The people that go to nomral chart basd clubs are basicaly young men out on the pull whilst getting pished. So you've got a lot of young people who are ****ing idiots, pissed and thinking they are king of the corn and trying to wave their penis about some some young filly will take notice of his pathetic manhood and maybe for once in his life someone else might touch his knob instead of Rosy Palms.

Folk go to techno clubs because either their mates are all going there so they go to be social or they are there for the music. You do occasionaly get trouble but it almost always comes down someone taking far too much drugs.

Joseph Isaac
26-02-2005, 06:57 PM
What's really interesting to me is how the "meathead" concept transgresses across borders...so far folks from Belgium, Australia, and Ireland have talked about the goons that go to parties or clubs and start fights because they can't get laid. I honestly thought that was more of an American thing! But it appears not to be the case.

waldhaus
26-02-2005, 08:19 PM
good point joseph! here in germany we got the same phenomenon! That is one of the reasons I love Techno! technoparties are mostly peaceful, I have only seen people being violent who were too drugged.

Last weekend I was on a public school party with some friends. Typical mainstream chart music, nearly all people drunk. I came late, around 1 am, and there was already an aggressive tension in the air. I stood at the dancefloor, watching the people, when suddenly 2 people next to me started to fight without a reason. My friends and I left the place, went to the car and saw 3 policecars coming to the place :doh: the roughnecks were the stereotypical people who start trouble on parties, resignated wannabe pimps... :nono: this shows me everytime how close men is related to ape :cry:

djshiva
26-02-2005, 10:49 PM
way i figger it, techno is nice and cathartic. why start fights when you can go off on the dance floor?

maybe it's my punk rock background, but that's what i like about techno...

DELTA9MDA
26-02-2005, 11:26 PM
i read the first line and that was enough. my freinds and i have talked about this. seen fights and all at rock, alternative and hip hop venues.
i have never seen a fight at a rave event.

davethedrummer
27-02-2005, 10:43 AM
people have to actively look for techno clubs
which most meatheads can't be bothered to do
thank god for that.

let them go to
dodgy house clubs or even d+b nights , and beat each other up.

considering how aggresive techno is as a form of music , it is in my experience totally non-violent...........ah home sweet home.

acidsaturation
27-02-2005, 02:11 PM
It's true...
You get the occasional nobhead who's a bit out of order, but the whole atmosphere seems to calm them... and pills...

I remember at Northern Green Gathering the other year, there was quite a contingent of pissed up Pontefract lads at the festival, but in the chill out tent there I saw two big meathed blokes lying on the floor - obviously pilled up to their eyeballs 'cos hey kept hugging each other and doing all the "I love you mate" then looking all embarrased and trying to look hard again!

I think the fact that some techno is pretty aggressive is what makes it Cathartic, you can just dance the agression out. Last night in fact someone said somthing to me at Cabbage that really made me angry - just stirring unnessecarily, but I just went straight back to the dancefloor and stomped it all out...

Techno's great!

Mirsha
27-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Actually just had a thought, whilst it's perfectly true that techno clubs are nice friendly environments mostly free of tit heads, what about free parties? It seems like at a free party there is always some pillock who's out to cause agro just for the sake of it, despite the fact the is generaly a good 100 people that will happily give them a kicking if they step out of line. It's still much better than a mainstream club but the rate of idiots seems a touch higher.

Florence
27-02-2005, 03:30 PM
as long as you can keep excessive use of alcohol and sniffing outside... it's as peaceful as can be...

the music rules!

acidsaturation
27-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Actually just had a thought, whilst it's perfectly true that techno clubs are nice friendly environments mostly free of tit heads, what about free parties? It seems like at a free party there is always some pillock who's out to cause agro just for the sake of it, despite the fact the is generaly a good 100 people that will happily give them a kicking if they step out of line. It's still much better than a mainstream club but the rate of idiots seems a touch higher.

There's always some at free parties, there's tit heads everywhere. It does amaze me when you see people who have driven to the middle of nowhere and seem to just want to kick off. What's funny though is outdoor parties when you see the local meat club kickouts turn up and lasses trying to negociate a muddy track in their white stilletos.

It does make me very sad though when you hear of trouble or nicking at free parties. Its so easy to just think your safe, but you do have to remember to be on yr guard sometimes...

FIK
27-02-2005, 04:24 PM
It seems that this happens all around the world. I love it. If we want to move forward we're certainly not gonna benefit from weekly fights at our party's.

dirty_bass
27-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Trouble at london free parties has gone from bad to worse.
Not so much a few fights.
But more muggins, knifepoint thefts, a few people getting slashed now and again.
Essentially down to drugs, the sale of them, and the fact that many people get a bit too trashed and make victims of themselves.
Although they could be policed a bit better.
In this case it`s not so much trouble makers, as predators.

SlavikSvensk
28-02-2005, 01:10 AM
i've seen sh*t go down at techno nights in detroit, but that's just about the roughest town you'll find in a country not at war...still didn't happen often...just when non-techno folks showed up looking for trouble...

Mucky Beats
28-02-2005, 08:48 PM
From my time of running techno nights and helping out at free partys ;).
I find that there is a vibe when it comes to the "techno crowd" this vibe kinda spreds around the club / party and helps send the message to any idiots that whant to kick off to not bother...and get with the program or leave!
The way i see it is in most areas its mostley about a group of people all in one place to enjoy each others company and TECHNO. they make up the backbone of the party scene and they help keep some kind of order at the partys. everyone looks out for eachother.

BUT as we found out last summer when myself and some close party freinds where attacked by a mad man at a outdoor party not everyone goes to the party for a good time! after the attack though i still feel safe at partys becuse of all the people that surported us after the attack in bringing the man to justice (even the justice he finally recived was nothing compared to the harm he caused). This also was just one lone idiot who was out to reck a good party.

we do have something good in the techno community which is worth keeping....a good vibe! we must not let the minority of idiots at events spoil our fun!

fresh_an_funky_design
01-03-2005, 01:16 AM
one of the things that really got me into techno was the vibe in the clubs. i used to be really into my drum n bass, but found the vibe in the d'n'b clubs was generally quite aggressive, which put me off going to d'n'b nights.

by the way not all d'n'b clubs are violent just found that the few that i frequented had bad vibe's

ramshackles
01-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I would totally agree that techno does discourage violence....R&B on the other hand causes violence...Man I hate R&B..... :rambo:

Fordy
01-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I would totally agree that techno does discourage violence....R&B on the other hand causes violence...Man I hate R&B..... :rambo:

TBF R&B makes me violent.

sash
02-03-2005, 05:28 AM
well its simple.

its good music.

LOL

....and yes R&B makes me violent as well! Music will always influence the people.

278d7e64a374de26f==