PDA

View Full Version : Fuentes Remix Competition

dirty_bass
27-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Ok, well, all of a sudden a load of votes appeared for one person, who must have done a net campaign for votes.
Cos there is other stuff there that is waaaay better that deserves the votes.
No offence to said person, but that`s just how it is.
this shouldn`t be a competition for who has the most net mates.
So I wanna see the BOA opinion of the Remixes.

To make my motivations clear on this subject.

I remove myself from this competition. Do not vote for me

I was Gonna Run this as a Poll, but there were too many options sooooo

Copy the following into your replies and fill in the blanks with your own votes.

Best Remix Australian Body Care - -
Best Remix Drug User - -
Best Remix Flamenco - -
Best Remix Northern Darkness - -

Adverse
28-02-2005, 12:54 AM
i vote dirty bass :P

djshiva
28-02-2005, 02:41 AM
haven't gotten the chance to check all the categories, but i am gonna throw in a vote for detfella in the australian bodycare remix category.

that shit is HOT!

eyes without a face
28-02-2005, 10:34 AM
who was it who's been getting their friends to throw alot of votes in then?

basslinejunkie
28-02-2005, 01:37 PM
i vote dirty bass :P

ditto,in my view that was the best by far.i also liked lau's remix so thats 2nd for me.

crazyxray
28-02-2005, 04:25 PM
o.k. i will remove the 2 Dirty Bass Reworks from the list.
i can not believe how pissed you are just in the fact that Alex Long get a lot of votes so far. May you have to move your friends to vote for you. ups, sorry. the tracks are not longer available for voting.

btw. since i have postet the first results we have not got any more votes for Alex Long tracks. here are the actuall results so far.

Australian Bodycare

Antonio Lugo Rework 02
Bernd Schaller Rework 02
David F. Rework 01
Detfella Rework 10
DJ Shiva Rework 19
John Connor Rework 01
Melchior Sultana Rework 03
Mike Deal Rework 02
N.O.R.O. Rework 01
Ogi Rework 11
Seb Neitsa Rework 07
The Germ Rework 28

Drug User

Alex Long Rework 39
Brad Lee Rework 08
Cameron Rework 03
Ende Rework 25
J. Raninen Rework 02
Lars Anderson Rework 00
Sascha Müller Rework 12
System Pi Rework 04

Flamenco

Alex Long Rework 39
Bernd Schaller Rework 05
Crazy X-Ray Rework 09
Lau Rework 01
Sir Round Rework 06
Tadox Rework 30
Van Max Rework 10

Northern Darkness

Alex Long Rework 37
Bem Pole Rework 00
Brad Lee Rework 02
Cie Rework 05
Detfella Rework 02
Jon Connor Rework 02
Lau Rework 02
Markusalan Rework 11
MMB Rework 21
Smekbar Rework 03
Trinity Rework 14

Total Votes 379

audioinjection
28-02-2005, 04:28 PM
woop! 1 vote for me :lol:

crazyxray
28-02-2005, 04:32 PM
just one more question.
are there anymore artists like to get deleted from the list?
i really don´t like to have some more crying lil girls in the competition. we thought twice about the system and we think it is the fair deal available. Other labels and artists (for example Chris Liebing) do not care ion the people´s opinion. not even with 50% like we do. So what the **** is not fair in our deal? please tell me!!!!!

dirty_bass
28-02-2005, 04:48 PM
I took myself out of the BOA voting system not beecause I was pissed, but because I didn`t want people to think my putting up of this post was motivated by myself wanting more votes.

I made this post because I think the voting system has been abused.
I think there are some upcoming people in this competition that deserve the releases, and a fair go.
I only ever entered this competition for fun, and would have relegated my release for someone else had I have got enough votes (as a few people who have spoken to me about it know).

In fact this thread really has little to do with the final outcome of the competition at all. I just thought it would be nice for people to get a nice open view of peoples opinions of their tracks.

This isn`t anything against you crazyxray, but more against the person who couldn`t risk letting their tracks stand up for themselves, and so got on a email mission. Which is never what this competition was about.

I`m certainly not crying, and I am quite offended to read that.

crazyxray
28-02-2005, 04:54 PM
i think you can imagine what kind of chaos we´ve got if we do the voting in here. special in the case we have post the voting in a lot more forum than just here. what kind of overview would people have if they see just the posts in BOA and not them in other forums?

dirty_bass
28-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Dude, I thought this would just let people get a rough idea of what how they were doing realistically.
I never intended GAD to take it into account for the final process at all.
You can totally ignor this if you like, it`s purely for the people involved in the remix process.

audioinjection
28-02-2005, 05:03 PM
http://forumspam.articblue.nl/post_related/whocares/images/0200.jpg

dan the acid man
28-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Best Remix Australian Body Care - - antonio lugo
Best Remix Drug User - - J. raninen
Best Remix Flamenco - - Sir round
Best Remix Northern Darkness - - Dirty bass, but he doesnt count on this little poll, so i better go and have another listen

loopdon
28-02-2005, 06:29 PM
[quote="dirty_bass"]
b]I made this post because I think the voting system has been abused.[/b]quote]

loopdon
28-02-2005, 06:34 PM
sorry, ****ed up the post above.

to my mind that isn't a competition anymore :!:

maybe alex had suspected the other participants would use the same foul tricks or maybe, i mean i have never heard of him, he does have such a big fanbase after all.

i agree a 100 % with DirtyBass.

crazyxray
28-02-2005, 06:47 PM
and what about "The Germ or Tadox ?
They have also a lot more votes than others but nobody cares in it.
UNBELIEVABLE.

The Germ
28-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey i hear where ya coming from Bass and Crazy

but i know i have no friends trust me

everyone hates me and im shocked i have so many votes

I think alot of the RMxs are better then mine

Shiva is a proper geeza!

Good luck to everyone im sure ill loose so no worries :-)

djshiva
01-03-2005, 07:29 PM
while i see dirty bass' point in just having a nice friendly little BOA poll (tis nice to see other's opinions on what they liked), i would have to respectfully ask why anyone here feels the need to define what this contest is or is about.

i personally feel like my remix stands on its own, but i ain't gonna front. i sent out emails to my friends and posted on some friendly forums about the contest. i gave them the info to go download the tracks, but i sure as hell pitched for votes for mine. is it because i felt my redo was weak? no. it's called promotion, and every dirty little bastard in this game has done it, so let's not go all purist here.

we can philosophize about techno all day long, and at the end of the day, if you want to be anywhere other than just your bedroom making tunes, you damn well better get out there and push it. i have been djing for ten years, a musician FAR longer, and i have seen plenty of people who were amazingly talented stay stuck in their homes and hometowns because they were either too shy, too unconfident or just too lazy to get out there and make their presence known.

if you truly have confidence in your work, then you want people to hear it. end of story. so i would argue that getting out there and building up your name (even for a remix contest) shows MORE confidence than just letting your tracks sit there.

i spent a lot of years in the "let my work do its own thing" category, and watched people who were willing to push themselves and their name get further and further, while i continued to struggle. you can only stay a starving artist so long before you figure out that you better ****ing move or stay hungry.

this doesn't mean i am advocating stomping on other people or any silly capitalist shite like that, but it does mean that if you wanna get anywhere, you gotta make it happen yourself. and personally, i don't care how people got their votes. it's a contest for crying out loud. nobody's owed anything and nobody's really losing anything.

and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

eyes without a face
01-03-2005, 09:58 PM
it was so obvious even my old nan would notice the irregularity there, and she's blind.... in BOTH eyes too!

fatcollective
02-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey i hear where ya coming from Bass and Crazy

but i know i have no friends trust me

everyone hates me and im shocked i have so many votes

I think alot of the RMxs are better then mine

Shiva is a proper geeza!

Good luck to everyone im sure ill loose so no worries :-)

go on The Germ, you deserve to win!

278d7e64a374de26f==