PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo last night...

Frank Dogshit
28-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Top quality night! Quiet early on but it soon filled up a bit and it turned out to be a really good night.

Got down there about 12 and Scott Gray was doin a fine job whacking the tunes out,plenty of classics and newer stuff until Jay Knight came on.....superb set from him,had the dancefloor still pounding right up until 240am when originally it was supposed to be closing at 2. good stuff. them basslines were sounding mint on that soundsystem,its on fire at the moment that system,really loud and clear.

good voodoo all round,nice intimate sort of night but it rocked like fuk! :clap:

eyes without a face
28-02-2005, 01:48 AM
it was indeed a wikid night, sounds like we had a better time than those who opted for Circus anyhow......

really enjoyed it, soundsystem is wikid in there and a joy to play on, thought all the boys played well and what with no shiels on it was like our club for the night haha, superb fun was had.... Jay played a wikid set as did bren and as did i if i may be so bold haha

roll on the Finke night, and the big un, Clarke and Rush woo hoo

neko
28-02-2005, 10:31 AM
it was indeed a wikid night, sounds like we had a better time than those who opted for Circus anyhow......

what happened at circus?

Traxx
28-02-2005, 10:39 AM
We got to this a bit late & a bit too pissed. The boucer wanted a £10 off us & said it was shutting in a hour so we got off.

eyes without a face
28-02-2005, 10:48 AM
at circus someone threw cups/plastic bottles (not too sure) at mills after around 40 mins and he packed up and went home, leaving absolute mayhem to ensue by all accounts, yousef ended up playing his records again and they shut early, not a good night at all

Traxx
28-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Yeah i heard about that.

neko
28-02-2005, 02:40 PM
at circus someone threw cups/plastic bottles (not too sure) at mills after around 40 mins and he packed up and went home, leaving absolute mayhem to ensue by all accounts, yousef ended up playing his records again and they shut early, not a good night at all

that sounds a bit shit.
wankers throwing stuff at the poor man.
thats not on no matter how shit you think someone is. :dontevengothere:

Frank Dogshit
28-02-2005, 02:46 PM
thats what happens when you pound techno out in a house club.....

ive recently read on another site that he was hit twice with plastic cups,ignored it the 1st time but the 2nd time it happened he was on his way home.

neko
28-02-2005, 02:53 PM

i didnt see laurent garnier get bottled when he did it :eh:

the security staff should have been keeping an eye out rather than harassing everyone to empty their pockets outside the toilet all night :nono:

Frank Dogshit
28-02-2005, 02:58 PM

i didnt see laurent garnier get bottled when he did it :eh:

the security staff should have been keeping an eye out rather than harassing everyone to empty their pockets outside the toilet all night :nono:

garnier got bottled at the orbit once for playing drum n bass...different club but same circumstances.

seems to be unfolding a bit more the story,they reckon they know who did it and its not some fuct up scally either! :neutral:

eyes without a face
28-02-2005, 03:25 PM
yeah apparently it goes a bit deeper than a hammered scally...

shame tho, apparently it was set to be one of the nights of the year before it happened

28-02-2005, 04:45 PM
yeah apparently it goes a bit deeper than a hammered scally...

shame tho, apparently it was set to be one of the nights of the year before it happened

More info more info - its like one of them girly gossip magazines this, but still, who did it ? Please name and shame ! I bet it was some rival night or someone who doesnt like Yousef !lol

fitipaldi
28-02-2005, 04:52 PM
back to voodoo, it was a quality night, great sets from scot and jay (missed brendans). Could have sone with a few more people but a good atmosphere all the same! Roll on Rush and Clarke :twisted:

Katie
28-02-2005, 07:51 PM
yeah i had atop night at voodoo too! was well too pissed when i got there though! haha! :lol: only managed to see scott and jays sets as well and they were both wicked! sorry i missed yours brendan sure it was wicked anyway! haha! can't wait now for the rush night! already excited! :twisted:

jock
28-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I get the impression that certain people think that it was one of the voodoo lot that threw the bottle.

But wouldn't they all have been at Voodoo?

:roll:

Anyway, people in circus should be grateful. Getting a hour and a half class set from Jeff Mills is unusual!!!! There is always something that means he cant perform to his best.

Bring on Rush & Clarke, I would like to see someone try and throw a bottle at them!!!!! :lol:

eyes without a face
28-02-2005, 10:49 PM
why whose insinuated that? im pretty certain the Circus lot dont think anyone from Voodoo had anything to do with it, it seems it was a personal attack tho from a rival/enemy or something, but definately not Voodoo and its never been in the frame

Mills is due to come back anyway apparently!

Frank Dogshit
28-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Mills should come back and play at a proper club like Voodoo for his next visit to Liverpool.

He'll soon see what the best club in liverpool is.

Bugger
01-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Rumours were bound to start flying round and it was only a matter of time before our name and others were mentioned. I can assure you it's complete and utter bollox and we would appreciate it if people kept our name well away from any rumours.

Much appreciated

Voodoo x

278d7e64a374de26f==