PDA

View Full Version : Feedback please: Stu Cox - "Lies"

Stu Cox
28-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi folks, I've made a funky techno / tech funk track called "Lies", would love to know what any of you think of it. It's pretty bass-driven and it's got an original feel to it and a good groove (or at least i like to think so!).

The track's currently unsigned, although it has had plays from John Askew at Turnmills, among others.

Here's a link to a 4 min sample of the track: http://www.stucox.co.uk/audio/stu_cox-lies_(sample).mp3

Please give as much feedback as you can! Let me know if you think it's good enough to be put out (and if so then suggestions of suitable labels would be very gratefully received), whether you'd play it yourself, etc etc

If you like it, i've got samples of some of the other work i've done on my website: http://www.stucox.co.uk (along with news, biog, charts and mixes to download, etc - sorry for the plug!). In particular Manipulation and Deceit may be of interest as they're of a similar bass-orientated techy style.

Thank you all :)

xfive
02-03-2005, 01:55 AM
This is pretty cool, but I think the bass is a bit overpowering, and I know the mp3 quality is not too high but level wise I think you could bright the top up a bit.
The main percussion also seems very wet with reverb and tends to sit sort of far back in the mix.

With a little variation and some tweaks this could be quite nice..

See if you can post at least a 192kbps mp3 next time ;)

Evil G
02-03-2005, 03:05 AM
this is the kind of track that i would pitch down and play in a mixed breaks and techno set. it definitely has that big room feel, but i agree about it being too bottom heavy. that's easily fixed though. nice work.

smeerkees
02-03-2005, 07:38 AM
A bit of a break beat. It's nice. I'm listening through old speaker so I can't really give any good comment about the sound. My first impression is good.

AcidTrash
02-03-2005, 10:48 AM
I like this. theres some subtle harmonies in this that really could be nicley accentuated. with melody.

Addict
03-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I remember having an argument with you on the RESONATION forum about Mark EG, yet here you are using his forum :lol:
Great track by the way

BRADLEE
03-05-2005, 05:35 PM
link isn't working for me.

278d7e64a374de26f==