PDA

View Full Version : magazines

Tony
01-03-2005, 04:39 PM
ok, i'm about to send out a shed load of promos to magazines etc. which magazines are best in your country? i dont want to send them anywhere where they'll be ignored or where it would be a waste of time and money, so who is really cutting it nowadays??

fresh_an_funky_design
01-03-2005, 04:59 PM
upfront mag is wicked.i wouldn't bother with stuff like djmag, mixmag or idj.

Tony
01-03-2005, 05:01 PM
upfront?? is that the dmc thing?
when i saw it..... it did appear to suck a lot of balls, sorry.
but hey, sometimes you gotta play 'da mans' game.

schlongfingers
01-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Nah, it's a free trance / techno / hard dance magazine based in Bristol - it's better than most, but still bigs up mates mates etc.... that's the nature of publishing unfortunately, an rigid non-commercial stance = commercial failure.

maily
01-03-2005, 05:08 PM
upfront has nowt to do with dmc (i'm fairly sure).
and has a proper techno review section.

Tony
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
ahaaaa!! it actually sounds like tis not for the releases that i have then.
i think i know the one you mean now. a bit too 'trance and rave' for what i'm promoing.

Ritzi Lee
01-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Did you tried TTR mag Tony?

In Holland there is no proper magazine. (Hint)

Tony
01-03-2005, 05:56 PM
what is TTr? any web address?

schlongfingers
01-03-2005, 11:17 PM
i think i know the one you mean now. a bit too 'trance and rave' for what i'm promoing.

I reckon it is worth sending to Upfront, they do cover some decent music and are one of only a handful of mags in the UK that cover any decent techno.

miss bass
01-03-2005, 11:28 PM
me and Tony hate music

fresh_an_funky_design
02-03-2005, 01:31 AM

nah, loads of well known dj's do reviews in upfront.. the only one i can think of off the top of my head is aaron liberator. Its quite a good little mag

Louk
02-03-2005, 02:24 AM
i write techno reviews for Twenty4-Seven magazine (www.twenty4-seven.co.uk) I also write reviews of some techno for TTR magazine as mentioned earlier and Bubble Jam Delite (www.bubblejam.net)

If you want to then feel free to Send anythin you got my way tony i'll review it for ya or online for offitsface.com + the ilk :)

Louk

Tony
02-03-2005, 01:22 PM
hmmm,

its all that fine line (that was discussed in another thread) between opeining peoples minds to new stuff, and hitting the exact people effectively.

most of the things mentioned here, as much as i'm grateful for the suggestions, sound a bit off the mark for what i'm releasing. no offence to arron liberator, but i'm sure a minimal house thing would end up getting slated due to the current fashionable nature of the music in london, and would end up in a vinyl exchange. he might love it, i dont know, but ther might be more pertinant people to get it to first.

louk, twent4-seven has no reviews on there, the most it actually tells me is where to send records to, not too good there. then bubblejam seems to be more around the squat scene, and offitsface.com........ the title alone mortifies me.

i REALLY HONESTLY appreciate everyones feedback, but with only a handful of promos to go around i need these to get to the best places for optimum response. if any should fall on deaf ears for the specific genre then it could effect my sales for the worse. whereas, if i get the right places it could mean another hundred or so copies.

so, please dont think i'm being a shit, i'm just being very cautious, as should anybody be in the same position. thanks all fr your great constructive input.

miss bass
02-03-2005, 04:11 PM
see i told you :lol:

Ritzi Lee
02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
www.ttrmagazine.co.uk

Tony
02-03-2005, 05:11 PM
see i told you :lol:
;)

Tony
02-03-2005, 05:13 PM