PDA

View Full Version : FAVE DJ MIXERS

MARKEG
28-10-2002, 09:50 AM
The Allen and Heath Zone 64 (I think that's the name - the one with about 6 channels and the filter). I bought it about 6 months ago... It's totally changed my style of mixing...

And the build quality is unbelivable...

This is without doubt the best mixer I've used in 20 years of DJing... shame it hasn't got the effect that the Pioneer DJ M-600 has got (but to be honest, I reckon they've become cliche anyway)..

Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/28/02 3:50:41 am

TripleX
28-10-2002, 02:24 PM
i got a pioneer djm 500.

it´s pretty fuc*+d after three years now.

i thought of buying that allen & heath mixer. but it makes kinda weird imprint, cause of the weird line faders, and two mid eq´s, and it´s ****in expensive...

how did it change your style, is it easier to handle than pioneer or is it the sound?

and why does it have two mid eq´s?

JACKSTAR
29-10-2002, 05:00 AM
OK Mark it may be a cliche but in the DJ world it is the SL1200 of mixers. It does the job very very well. I've had mine for about 4 years and it's never let me down. I have used the A&H one a few times but I found them too fiddly. I did like the crossfader but I will stick with my Pioneer.

P.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

DJ Jabba
29-10-2002, 05:04 AM
ive had a crappy numark dm1100se for about 6/7 years and i can tell u its seriously busted up now but it did its job, so at the moment i have no working mixer, but im buying an allen and heath xone:32 in about a months time, there stuff is pure quality im my opinion

latahz

jabba

DJZeMig_L
29-10-2002, 11:07 AM
Paul.. U got game!

I really hate the A&H... I had really big trouble adapting 2 the 4 eq., 2 me it just isn't practical.. played with it 2 time (TLV Club in tel Aviv and an outdoor big event with coxy @ algarve, Portugal... actually it was Cox's requirment !?!?)

the Djm 600 just gives u really good tools .. (but I think there might b a new model comin' out soon with a sort of Red Cycloops included + eq+ efx 4 it ehehhe jus somethin' I heard )...

What could b better : a reverse in the x-fade ).. although I can't scratch 2 save my life! lol ), the faders could b a little more progressive... the option for 4 decks would b nice!! lol!.. plus better control of the sampler!! I don't like Kill on the channel eq. I prefer a standard -15db cut + separate kill (rotary and switch)... eheh load of big phat dirty knobs!!

I also love the very standard Formula Sound PM90 (it's built like a sherman and it has a really sweet eq.)

Z

Hakka.
31-10-2002, 05:30 PM
would be my very own Vestax 175A... nice and smooth mixer... just shame kills are crap as they make a loud electrical "click" noise through the speakers if you use them... and that's on all 175A's I've used.

Then again, I'm sure this opinion will change some day

Adverse
31-10-2002, 11:18 PM
pioneer all the way.

DJ IKON
01-11-2002, 01:33 AM
Anyone seen the Tascam X9???

The DADDY of all mixers, believe me!!!!!

this is what Im currently saving my pennies for!
Welcome to the Darkside!

Leon
12-11-2002, 12:32 AM
I use a pioneer djm300 with a pioneer efx500 efects unit.

Leon ...

DJPAUZE
06-12-2002, 03:58 PM
I am currently using the VESTAX PMC170-A
I will have to agree that the kills are rather shitty, vestax needs to pick up the similar kills as the Stanton line, their kills work very well.
Im a dj whos not into effects, my ideal mixer is one that lasts for SEVERAL years without any problems of leaky faders and a shitty EQ.
If i was to buy another board i would buy a Vestax for sure,i have had this one for two years now and not a single problem AT ALL. Always clean, no static, smooth faders, nice cross fader, and the one i have was quite affordable, 425 dollars canadian.

mindbender
05-01-2003, 11:06 PM
[b] :shock: MARK EG, YOU ARE NOT KIDDING! EVER SINCE ALLEN & HEATH BEGAN SELLING IN THE USA, THESE ARE THE TOP OF THE COMPETITION. WITH THE MIXER YOU ARE REFERRING TO, THAT IS THE MOST CLEAR SOUNDING, TIGHT MIXER TO WORK WITH. ESPECIALLY IN THE STUDIO. ALSO THE F**KIN THING LOOKS MASSIVE....SOMETHING THAT BELONGS IN THE STUDIO... I HAVE PLAYED ON THIS SEVERAL TIMES.. INCLUDING AT THE SAME DROP BASS EVEN FURTHER EVENT A FEW YEARS BACK. THE MASSIVE TENT, I BELIEVE WITH ALL THE FURNITURE IN IT. ANYWAYS.. GREAT MIXER.. ROCK ON! :twisted:

TripleX
18-01-2003, 08:20 PM
I got a djm-600 a few weeks ago:-)
A lot of people here in Germnay say that pioneer mixers have a really bad sound quality, they even say they are the worst mixers available :lol: , but i don´t think so at all, they´re fuc+*ing brilliant.

saki nzyme
27-01-2003, 12:29 AM
i bought a korg kaos pad mixer a few months back, im really impressed with it, over 80 effects on it.

the only bad side its only a 2 channel, but the cross fader is wikkid really smooth.

bargin for 300 squid

DJCraig Ryan
09-02-2003, 11:22 AM
I'm really happy with my DJM 600, effects and EQ is amazing. Just gotta get myself some 1210's now!

Barely Human
14-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Love the a+e, and the pioneer, but i am a scratchoholic and have to stick with scratch mixers. The stanton sk2f is amazing, and ive just got an eckler hak320.

detfella
14-02-2003, 06:44 PM
I've had the DJM500 liked it a lot but the effects have become a little overused and tired now. Recently bought A&H Xone 464!!!! Which is amazing...loads of auxs, channels, top notch sound quality and very sexy filters....

K Front
17-02-2003, 09:45 AM
My mate has an a+h mixer, and i agree with every one that they are quality mixers. But i think i will stick with my stanton rm3s for now. i like this mixer, althought i have a slight problem with the cross fader. every now an then when you cut it over fast theres a little crackling noise, does anyone know what this is? maybe it just needs a clean, but its a fairly new mixer.

Barely Human
17-02-2003, 01:50 PM
i had the rm3 when it had just come out. I like the mixer, but the channels
and the crossfader are really bad for going wrong!!

Take the crossfader out, get some Servisol Aeroclean and spray
the runners clean, then get some Servisol Super 8, and lubricate it.(dont use too much of the Super 8 or it will slime your fader up!!!)

K Front
17-02-2003, 02:01 PM
nice one

deegregg
20-02-2003, 08:23 PM
I have a Vestax PMC-37Pro. It is one of the newest Vestax mixers. There is input matrix system (one source can be assigned to 3 channels, each channel with different eq and/or efx). This is really revolutionary. And istead of knob eq control you have sliders with minus infinity.

I had the chance to check Allen and Heath Zone 64 but in my opinion these mixers are perfect for studio or radio (I suppose Groovetech is using them).

Anyway, on parties I usually have to play on Pioneer DJM500/600 and it is quite good mixer, even if the sound is a bit crappy and efx are often overused by many DJs.

karl54
13-05-2003, 12:11 AM
deegregg........

how much did you pay for you vestax if you dont mind me asking? it looks like a beast of a mixer, will it take something like a pioneer EFX500??
nice 1

karl

Adrian A
28-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Ive just bought a Pioneer DJM600s And am really happy with it the effects are easy to use :D :D

cascade
03-06-2003, 08:09 PM
anyone catch the UMX-9 by gemini?
I havbe one of these linked to a kaoss pad 2, wicked combination of minter effects and amazing faders on the mixer.
They are as good if not better than vestax vca's, cause they are vca's but gold plated.!!!!!!
They dont make them anymore,
Want a pmc-07 or a tascam x9
minted
cas

DJ Corbzy
08-06-2003, 10:48 PM
a+h xone 64

lovely

Methodixxx
09-06-2003, 02:10 AM
All the top mixers are listed here (A&H for sound quality - Pioneer for their club use - Tascam for the crazy digital technology - Vestax for their price and faders).....

But where is the mention of Rane..? The Rane Empath to be precise!!

I've had the same Vestax for about 5 / 6 years.. never again will I buy one unless they can change my mind with something special... A&H don't make a mixer for multi decks and scratching / cutting that I've seen... Tascam has major bugs with the digital system and needs a chip to be fitted by the user so the eq doesn't have a delay, etc... Pioneer isn't really good for scratching with it's cheap faders, I don't like the eq's and the efx are used by every second dj to the point of overkill, I find it cluttered too...

But the Rane Empath looks tasty! Anyone used one...? :roll:

Carl
10-06-2003, 04:12 AM
Alen & Heath Xone 64! through and through!
Easily the best mixer I have ever used, those filters are addictive! :lol:

Country Club mixer innit Mark :D

Bear
11-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Im buying the Vestax PCV175 in a few weeks, lovely mixer, but i have to agree with Hakka, the kill switches do make that awful *click* sound.
my mate has just bought the Allen&Heath Xone64 and he says its the best mixer he has ever used, he used to have the VestaxPMC05pro2 and i love that mixer too, its so smooth and easy to use.

Has anyone seen the Allen&Heath XoneV6? :shock: looks scary, like an old radio they would use in world war 2 or something! :twisted:

miasma man
12-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Had Pioneer DJM500 for about 3 years now, never let me down, spot on. Sound quality is fine I reckon, comparable to A & H. Yeh, the effects unit is a cliche now but I think you can be clever with it and do a few tricks no-one has heard of before if you've got loads of time to practice.

However, I did have a play with the A & H Xone 64 (I think) and these are the daddy indeed of DJ mixers, those filters kick serious arse.

I've gotta get myself one of these babies as soon as I get a lump of cash...

Dj Swannie
14-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Ive got the tascam x9 mixer. One niggle with it is the bass mid ect ect pots have a delay on them when you turn them which is a right bitch sometimes. Methodixx mentioned about a chip upgrade to elimiate this, does anyone know where to get hold of the chip or who can mod them ??
If I could eliminate the delay on this mixer it would make it almost perfect as the other effects on it are amazing once you learn how to use it !

Dave Elyzium 2
14-06-2003, 04:39 PM
yeah my mate has that A+H mixer and it blew me away when i first used it - the filter is awesome for "morphing" between tracks, you can lowpass one track out whilst fading the next in, raising the filter to create a cool transition on tracks, some cool effects can be had by cutting the filter in in time with the track too......a wicked mixer but a bitch when the gig i played after playing on it was a 2 channel "made 2 fade" type jobby!!

DJZeMig_L
14-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Little trick with the Allen & Heath U guys might already know... but here goes nothing...

Choose High Pass Filter leave it at 20Hz (almost not cutting at all)... now boost the resonance... It must b the phatest n sweetest bass I've ever heard in me life!! :)

Z

Paul Nisbet
28-06-2003, 01:11 PM
I got a 600.... i like it, its a good general, allround, can do everything kinda mixer. The sound output is not in the same league as the allen and heath tho.

Also with the a&h the filters are more my kinda style.

djlukas
08-07-2003, 07:32 AM
djm600...

you will find it in almost every club ore event... stick with this one and i will not have to learn how to deal with a new mixer every gig!!! hehehehe

Lukas

The Allen and Heath Zone 64 (I think that's the name - the one with about 6 channels and the filter). I bought it about 6 months ago... It's totally changed my style of mixing...

This is without doubt the best mixer I've used in 20 years of DJing... shame it hasn't got the effect that the Pioneer DJ M-600 has got (but to be honest, I reckon they've become cliche anyway)..

<i>Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/28/02 3:50:41 am
</i>

Luke Revival
13-07-2003, 01:47 PM

<i>Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/28/02 3:50:41 am
</i>

These are popping up in loadsa clubs. The faders are brilliant and the filters are cool. One thing I dont like tho is the x-fader curve. It aint sharp enough. That is what makes me think that the pioneer is better.
Personally I have a Vestax PMC 05pro mkII. Nice and simple.
Who needs FX?

DJ Corbzy
13-07-2003, 02:18 PM
you can change the x-fade curve..... :wink:

Luke Revival
13-07-2003, 02:45 PM
you can change the x-fade curve..... :wink:

Yeah I know but only with that little button and it still aint sharp enough for me...I like to scratch you see...

DJ Corbzy
13-07-2003, 03:40 PM
scratch :shock: :roll:

Barely Human
13-07-2003, 03:57 PM
scratch :shock: :roll:

Nothing wrong with scratching mate! Ive got an Ecler Hak 320, and i tell you, these mixers are the bomb!

DJ Corbzy
13-07-2003, 03:59 PM
its ok if you can scratch properly and you dont overkill it, but i dont think trance is the right genre of music for scratching...

what you reckon?

wenna
13-07-2003, 04:24 PM
amen corbz!!

Luke Revival
13-07-2003, 05:02 PM
its ok if you can scratch properly and you dont overkill it, but i dont think trance is the right genre of music for scratching...

what you reckon?

I play hardstyle.rance and Gabba..to which I will scratch....It sounds ok in small doses with trance..

baptismo
14-07-2003, 10:13 AM
the filters on the a+h have completely revolutionised the way loads of people mix nowadays, why use the eq's when you can use two vcf's to blend your tunes together? Jon 'OO' is a wicked example, you just cant here him mix the tracks together now he uses an a+h..... listen to his white label CD's...

Also bout the X9, we had one setup and swapped it for the a+h and the difference in just the warmth of the sound was unbelievable!! the X9 has to be one of the mankiest, digital soundin mixers about....

ed-hard
14-07-2003, 02:24 PM
what do other people think about scratching in hard/fast dance music? i think its wicked if you can pull it off, and is something i have been trying to master in the past few months. it's a real talent and adds diversity to your style.
does anyone have any tips on scratching over hard trance? i've got basic chirps down to a t and my crab scratching is getting there, but have mainly developed this whilst mixing hip-hop. anyone got any advice on techniques i can use in hard trance?

Barely Human
14-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Dont go to crazy with it. In hip hop you can get really technical with it and it sounds great, but over hard trance, subtlety is the key. Differnt fade downs work well, as do flares and chirps. Crabs and rubs dont work to well as you cant really make them out over hardtrance(unless you have it way to loud!).

Luke Revival
14-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Dont go to crazy with it. In hip hop you can get really technical with it and it sounds great, but over hard trance, subtlety is the key. Differnt fade downs work well, as do flares and chirps. Crabs and rubs dont work to well as you cant really make them out over hardtrance(unless you have it way to loud!).

Yeah v.true....
You have to be really fast too!

Barely Human
14-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Speed helps, but variation is the main thing :D

Buttman
16-07-2003, 01:38 AM
It all depends on your mixing technique. I who like it rough (both musically and technically) has two choices - Vestax or Allen&Heath. Those are the only ones putting up to my aggressive tweaking.

If you like it nice and smooth I would say Pioneer DJMx00 is a good choice. Plus it is what every friggin club out there has. Personally I hate it though.

tioneb
25-08-2003, 01:23 PM
this is weird ... the pioneers are funny to use but i would never buy them .. every mate who owns one has terrible probelms with the fader crushing n stuff ... really weak building... of course when you spin a party you dont care the mixer youre using will hold for years or not...

for the sound quality and the strong building i would rate the rodec first and the freevox second... really weird nobody has mentionned these 2 brands before. as good third i would put a&h but ive heard they're a bit weak.

ampassasinbirmingham
25-08-2003, 02:18 PM
just adding the pioneer fx 500 effects box to the aleen and heath makes it the best mixer in the world.

tioneb
25-08-2003, 02:31 PM
why is there all this attraction to the effects ???

3 decks mixing and / or truntablism a la Dave Clarke or Claude Young are really mroe itneresting to hear and see imo.

i guess laziness is the answer

sleepy
16-09-2003, 03:02 PM
The pioneer DJM600 is the best mixer on the market and it wins hands down, sure A&H are good and the filters on them are spot on, but the DJM600 has so much you can do with it the effects are amazing once you know how to use them properly you can make sounds you only dream of.
MONEY WELL SPENT!!

gumpy green
26-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Love the a+e, and the pioneer, but i am a scratchoholic and have to stick with scratch mixers. The stanton sk2f is amazing, and ive just got an eckler hak320.

Me too im a skracth junky........check it...

http://www.sekonz.co.uk/videos/sekonzskqwatch.WMV

I use the vestax PMC07pro with penny and gilles xfader(it really is the best xfader out ther). And for effects ive got the kaoss pad 2 which is REALLY nice. Dont like the way the djm is always locked to the bpm, with the kaoss pad you actually control yer effects.....mind you sumtimes its nice for the effects to be locked to the tempo....

Dont think ill ever change my mixer i am 100 percet happy with it....Highly reccomend it.

professor
18-10-2003, 02:08 AM
I like to throw techno a little more...More turntableizms...blending can get veery boring!

PMC 05-ProII is my choice. Problem is that it only has two channels.

tony_c
16-03-2004, 11:33 PM
I only used about 6 mixers, inlcuding the Pioneer DJM 600 which was cool but my fave has gotta be my Vestax PMC25. It has complete freq cut off on the highs mids and lows instead of minus whatever decibels this mixer has minus infinity.

mrbenn
17-03-2004, 01:11 AM
anyone tried using the new denon thats pretty much exactly the same as the djm 600? thats supposed to be wicked, its got downloadable effects and all sorts!

As for me i've got a djm 600, wicked mixer and has so many tricks you can do with it.

Has anyone used the new allen & heath xone 92?

CHUCK-E
26-03-2004, 02:32 AM
I rekon the djm600 is the best, its def' got the best effect's, the cross fader is wiked {allen heath x-faders r the worst] and its pretty solid..

I think the x-zone range has the better sound quality tho...

duncandisorderly
29-03-2004, 11:16 AM
there are some new kids on the block now though. check out the new denon x 1500 and the pioneer djm909. the denon is similar to the pioneer djm600 wityh four channels and a bank of effects plus you can assign any input to any channel and has a digital display so you can see everything that is happening and the pioneer djm909 has got separate effects setup for each channel and three preset switches for each channel too plus a whole load of options for changing the fader curve and effects via a touch screen setup. the only drawback with the 909 is the fact that it only has two channels.

dj_mishima
27-04-2004, 02:05 PM
I love my Rane TTM56 and Vestax 05pro(signed by Grandwizzard Theodore and Jazzy Jay) :twisted:

Yoshimitsu
27-04-2004, 02:53 PM
I've ordered an a & H ****in thing aint here yet though :cry:

cascade
27-04-2004, 02:58 PM
The pioneer DJM600 is the best mixer on the market and it wins hands down, sure A&H are good and the filters on them are spot on, but the DJM600 has so much you can do with it the effects are amazing once you know how to use them properly you can make sounds you only dream of.
MONEY WELL SPENT!!

right for a start theres too many on the market to say DJM-600 is the best on the market and wins hands down.

Have you tried all the other mixers.

theres different mixers for different genres.
yea its a good mixer but the effects can be found on maany mixers, the faders arnt even good, pretty damn poor actually so whats left after that? build quality maybe , reputation also,
but what about all the other mixers on the market ?

theres a few more on the market apart from allen&heath and pioneer.

lots of people metion Vestax, i have to agree with these people cause ive used vestax djm and allen&heath and vestax pisses all over them all,

you cant kil them, rock solid faders and indestructable design. NO gimmiky effects just good authentic mixablility.

on the DJM you can only use the effects so much, after a while it just becomes cliche. Plus its not the best effects units out there anyways.

Just my two pence worth anyways.

My fave mixers are:

mine the UMX-9
http://www.megasound.dk/images/gemini/umx9.jpg

and what im getting next:
Vestax PMC-07 (or maybe the new version the PMC-007)
http://www.colorproduction.com.hk/images/products/mixer/vestax_pmc-07pro.jpg
http://www.djstore.co.uk/images/products/large/ves/vespmc007.jpg

Rog
01-05-2004, 01:13 AM
i have a djm 600 - but the filters on the allen and heath are just amazin!

wish i could trade it in and buy this little gem! :crackup:

Yoshimitsu
03-05-2004, 12:31 PM
I got an a& H now and i ****in luv it :twisted: :rambo: :clap:

DJ SPUDIE
09-05-2004, 10:32 PM
I got an a& H now and i ****in luv it :twisted: :rambo: :clap:

Its fcuking mental :love: :love:

techno_smack
19-06-2004, 01:32 PM
I have just got the a&h 62 and its great, it makes ur records and mixes actually sound noticably better than other mixers.

Whats the 92 like, anyone got one yet?

Greg Dee
26-06-2004, 08:07 PM
I have just got the a&h 62 and its great, it makes ur records and mixes actually sound noticably better than other mixers.

great quality mixer, just too much crap on it.

i love the Rane TTM-56 personally.

Evil G
26-06-2004, 10:54 PM
i hate pioneers. never could understand why they got so popular.

the allen and heath's with the 4 band eq are wicked. the low-mid control is wicked for picking out a kick from one track to play against the bassline of the other track.

at home i have a vestax pcv 175. it's not half bad. it's the blue 3 channel. the faders are slicker than the black ones.

at the club where i used to play they had a gold vestax 55, and it was awesome. by far my favorite. fewer controls than other mixers, but what it does do, it does flawlessly.

miss bass
29-06-2004, 08:41 PM
why does evry1 go on about allen and heath, explain, all they have is a filter, yes they do sound nice but.........?

Pioneer djm600 so i can make love 2 those fx baby...... :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
30-06-2004, 03:57 AM
Allen and heath's are much better build and sound quality. the 600 has fx but they aint the best quality and too many fx are shit.

I say get they AandH and have the PioneerFx500 on the side if you really need fx that much

Si the Sigh
01-07-2004, 10:27 AM
A&H all the way for me. It sounds so warm & I love the lay out and build quality. Oh, and that VCF filter is technos best friend! ;)

FILTERZ
13-07-2004, 03:10 PM
i have a little vestax pcm 375 , 19 inches wide lovely big knobs on the eq
and faders instead of switches for the kills, little short faders that you can chop and cut the frequencies with , its great and i love it , Allen and heath the nuts as well , pioneer is also good .

romelpotter
14-07-2004, 09:10 PM

i had one, it had to many build quality faults with it. but that said i found it to be a nice combination of the pioneer (without fx) and the a+h 64.however I sent mine back and got technics instead but i would consider getting one in the future when the price drops a little ;) then maybe add a little guitar fx unit as well (i had more control with a geetar fx unit with a rotary knob controling the delay time instead of a tempo tap button) the filters on the 92 are fat with classy channel switches to assign the filers and crossfaders. all in all a good mixer....shame about the price.

Louis Theroux
14-07-2004, 11:01 PM
I will just stick with my Citronic Pro-8. Does the job & when you are only playing to your mates in your house it is all you need.

slavestudios
14-07-2004, 11:32 PM
anyone ever use Eclers ? thinkin of this

http://www.djforums.com/images/reviews/mixers/ecler_smac_3large.jpg

slavestudios
14-07-2004, 11:37 PM
currently got a Numark DM2002x with 2 Zoom RFX300 on the third channel for the sends.

the DM aint the best, but it has kill buttons beside the pot & is well laid out. AND it has a 12v lamp socket, so no need for candles or lights.

had the huge A&H but had to sell it to free up cash for me club night.
way too much for jus 2 decks, but i put me hardware thru it & it rox.
6 staereo channels & 4 mono line ins with 5way parametric ? lush.

as for the 2 mids, i think its a great feature. makes for much more interestin blending. spesh on 3 dex.
didnt like the Xfade on it. or the Xfade on the 3 channel A&H. just cant get the curve right. and the faders have a wierd curve.

the DJM600 is the 1210 of mixers. if i play out somewhere & theres a DJM600 when i turn up, i'm well happy. it has its faults, but its a good standard.

Yoshimitsu
15-07-2004, 01:37 PM
dont like the look of that one above :neutral:

EmotionComplex
15-07-2004, 05:49 PM
ive yet to have used an allen and heath :cry: , i have a djm500 at home thats serviced me for the past couple of years and its still working as good as new :)

its a simple mixer but i like its layout, dont use the effects really, i use delay in my sets a little bit though.

worst mixer ive ever encounterd is the roland dj2000...absolutely shit build and part quality, my mate was silyl enough to fork out 1000 quid for one a couple of years ago and its broke more times then i can remember, we refer to it as the distortion box now :lol: :doh:

scienceofuse
25-08-2004, 04:16 PM
I personally use the DJM600 and would agree that the effects on it have definetly been overused. Every time you hear that familiar flanger in the club ... :dontevengothere: You know what I mean. But the problem is not only with the DJs who overuse the effects, it's when they don't even know what to do with them... I mean it's like "oh great, he's discovered the filter - now we're in for forty minutes of ferocious filter frenzy with filter breaks every eight or sixteen bars" :roll:

I've heard the Allen&Heath mixers are great, but I'm not thinking of trading the Pioneer in just yet. Even though some effects have in fact become cliche due to their overuse, they are still great set enhancing effects if applied subtly and with precision...

A mixer I find appealing is the Vestax PMC-37, but I don't yet feel the need for that kind of mixer at this time. Maybe when my skillz are good enough to switch to a real scratch mixer :rambo:

Luke Revival
26-08-2004, 01:08 AM
I hate the A&H!!!!
Don't rate Vestax or Pioneer either!!!!

My fav's are Stanton....qualitty build and sound!

Apparently the Rane scratch mixer is the bollox?

Barely Human
26-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Apparently the Rane scratch mixer is the bollox?

Yep, it is - http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22401&start=15

Kiwi
05-09-2004, 03:57 PM
my new toy!

http://www.dj-kiwi.nl/images/kiwi1.JPG

This mixer is increadible!

detfella
20-09-2004, 04:54 AM
you need some more inputs!!!!!!!! all that mixer going spare! :shock: :nono: :lol:

cascade
20-09-2004, 11:57 PM
you need some more inputs!!!!!!!! all that mixer going spare! :shock: :nono: :lol:
init just.
haha
nay there might be about 16 technics and 10 cds players that he uses all at once out of the picture :shock:

if not i recomend saving a grand and buying this:

http://www.djstore.co.uk/images/products/200/gem/gempmx350.jpg

:lol: :lol: ;)

detfella
21-09-2004, 12:21 AM
:lol:

i'm thinking about selling my A&H, fed up with it, need something more flexible.

maybe i should go the gemini route :eh: :neutral: :eh: :nono:

cascade
21-09-2004, 12:58 AM
:lol:

i'm thinking about selling my A&H, fed up with it, need something more flexible.

maybe i should go the gemini route :eh: :neutral: :eh: :nono:
hahah.
maybe man,
but you know i use a gemini,
not shitting you.

UMX-9, gold platted vca faders.
****ing awsome mixer mate, but it is the highest in the range they do.

A & H are awsome too like, so what you thinking about going for?
or were you seirous?
cause if you were then get a UMX-LM, no compromise with that mixer.
indestructable
:clap:

detfella
21-09-2004, 01:09 AM
well when i first started djing in 94 i had a gemini and so i think its just bad first expriences! i'm serious about selling it, i'm not too pleased with the crossfader mainly. i read on anotehr forum that you can email A&H and they will send you the mods (a couple of resistors) to make the xfader cut in quicker but, i just don't like the feel.

that mixer looks pretty cool but i'd prefer more channels. these are the choices i had so far:

Stanton SMX501 3ch Scratch DJ Mixer
DNX1500 Denon Pro DJ Mixer
vestax pmc55
vestax pmc37pro

i used to own a djm500 and that was ok, but i want something more robust, it felt a bit weak when thrashing it about!

Barely Human
21-09-2004, 09:29 AM
well when i first started djing in 94 i had a gemini and so i think its just bad first expriences! i'm serious about selling it, i'm not too pleased with the crossfader mainly. i read on anotehr forum that you can email A&H and they will send you the mods (a couple of resistors) to make the xfader cut in quicker but, i just don't like the feel.

that mixer looks pretty cool but i'd prefer more channels. these are the choices i had so far:

Stanton SMX501 3ch Scratch DJ Mixer
DNX1500 Denon Pro DJ Mixer
vestax pmc55
vestax pmc37pro

i used to own a djm500 and that was ok, but i want something more robust, it felt a bit weak when thrashing it about!

Id check this out mate if i were you...
http://www.djforums.com/reviews/mixers/ecler_nuo5.php?

detfella
21-09-2004, 12:02 PM
just having a look now, looks really good!

yorkie
24-09-2004, 10:31 AM
that mixer looks a little bit too SICK!!

would prob not get much use out of the midi controllers for dj'ing (except maybe if using FS) but for live sets, it looks ace.

dj_switchblade
04-10-2004, 01:43 PM
ive just purchased a stanton sa8, does a grand job!!!!!!!!!

Mindful
18-10-2004, 04:29 AM
has anyone seen this new Technics 4 channel beasty Looks minters but im not sure if your paying more for the name than for how good it is.Time will tell.Its about time tho eh?

278d7e64a374de26f==