PDA

View Full Version : This is not the way to support techno...

Ritzi Lee
02-03-2005, 05:13 PM
I saw a message over the weekend that Jeff Mills walked out of a liverpool nightclub after some nutcase threw plastic bottles at him! Link below to the message board from the club it happened at........

http://www.chibuku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8284

Between notes. It's happened in a Liverpool club. :roll:

Traxx
02-03-2005, 05:18 PM

Meaning what? :eh:

audioinjection
02-03-2005, 05:18 PM
yeah thats outa hand, i would fling records at the bastard who threw bottles at me haha

but of course i'd go and get the records back :rambo:

Traxx
02-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Plastic cup, no bottles.

Ritzi Lee
02-03-2005, 05:43 PM

Meaning what? :eh:

hooligans. :neutral:

Traxx
02-03-2005, 05:49 PM
You having a laugh???

How would you know there hooligans? What makes you think it someone from liverpool? Have you even bothered to read the link you posted fully?

If you had bothered then you would of noted that the promoter said it happend to him when he played in ireland recently, are you gonna call the irish hooligans as well?

You havent got a clue mate.

neko
02-03-2005, 06:01 PM
that isnt the club it happened at.
happened at circus, not chibuku.

bit out of order that classifying all scousers as hooligans.
i've lived in liverpool for 3 years. i've had some excellent nights there and have never had any bother off the scousers.

oldbugger
02-03-2005, 06:07 PM
You having a laugh???

How would you know there hooligans? What makes you think it someone from liverpool? Have you even bothered to read the link you posted fully?

If you had bothered then you would of noted that the promoter said it happend to him when he played in ireland recently, are you gonna call the irish hooligans as well?

You havent got a clue mate.

all irish are hooligans though ;)

scousers are all theiving bastards too ;)

:lol:

Ritzi Lee
02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
well ok.

but i don't give a **** if it happened in liverpool or ireland.
someone who throws a bottle at a dj is a hooligan.

:twisted:

Traxx
02-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Fair do's i agree with you but its through generalising like you did in the first place that people & city's get a name they don’t deserve.

oldbugger
02-03-2005, 06:16 PM
its like saying everyone in amsterdam is a smackhead or a prostitute :lol:

neko
02-03-2005, 06:28 PM
leave the irish out of matters :rambo:

Ritzi Lee
02-03-2005, 06:33 PM
its like saying everyone in amsterdam is a smackhead or a prostitute :lol:

true true. :lol:

amsterdam is full of junks and ho's.

eyes without a face
02-03-2005, 07:25 PM
thats a terrible thing to say Ritzi, u think slaggin liverpool is a good way to support techno too do u? because Liverpool has been one of the major cities for techno over here for the past 10 years, mainly due to voodoo but also other wikid clubs that have came and gone, and others that are around such as Bugged Out....

very disapointing to read about the whole mills subject and i think maybe the post should of focused on that solely and not the location of the incident, just for the record he got objects thrown at him in Dublin and i think Glasgow too, so lets not judge whole cities on the actions of one prick

Jimfish
02-03-2005, 08:42 PM
yeah slagging liverpool is well out of order.. its too small an area. At least slag of manchester & leeds too if you are going to bother. In fact just slag off the entire north, i heard they dont sleep with thier sisters up there.. well out of order

Sunil
02-03-2005, 08:45 PM
leave the irish out of matters :rambo:

Yeah, we'll break yer ****in legs :rambo:

The Overfiend
02-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Wow the negativity meter has busted at the seems but it is funny to see caucasian racism, get a hold of yourself fellas.

Ritzi Lee
02-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Oooh dear.
You are all a bunch of hooligans..

OK I see. :shock:

Sunil
02-03-2005, 08:49 PM
very disapointing to read about the whole mills subject

Yeah it is, no-one deserves that, least of all Mills.

just for the record he got objects thrown at him in Dublin and i think Glasgow too, so lets not judge whole cities on the actions of one prick

You're right, where it happened is not the issue really, there's assholes everywhere. Are you sure it happened in Dublin? I hadn't heard that myself.

Ritzi Lee
02-03-2005, 08:51 PM
very disapointing to read about the whole mills subject

Yeah it is, no-one deserves that, least of all Mills.

just for the record he got objects thrown at him in Dublin and i think Glasgow too, so lets not judge whole cities on the actions of one prick

You're right, where it happened is not the issue really, there's assholes everywhere. Are you sure it happened in Dublin? I hadn't heard that myself.

Well that's up 2 you to find out.
You'r nearby. Go ask the club. :)

MARKEG
02-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Look who cares whether it was in Liverpool or it was whoever who threw the bottle. Grow up you idiots or leave the board. We're a techno forum.

The point is, I've had bottles thrown at me at clubs and it's basically always down to one bloke who doesn't like what you do. The security need to be on it and unfortunately they're not always at the front of the stage/dj booth to take care of business.

I'm sure this is not the first time Jeff Mills has had a bottle thrown at him. It's not the first and it certainly wont be the last. It's part of the game. I personally hate it, I wish violence in clubs would stop but like is life and we all need to grow up and face reality.

Instead of everyone standing there when Jeff was bottled saying 'Oh that's WRONG', why didn't they all grab hold of the idiot, take him outside and tell him why we don't want that in techno?????

?????????????

eyes without a face
02-03-2005, 11:16 PM
it wasnt the incident that offended me (well it did but i mean in this situation), the initial post was a blatant generalisation and dig at Liverpool which needed re-addressing, it was offensive and uncalled for, as the incident can and does happen in places all over the world and it was wrong for Ritzi to comment the way he did, there's no disputing that and for that we are allowed to and have the right to comment on his words

but i agree re the mills thing, i do wonder why people who saw the geezer throw the cups didnt just grab the guy and take him to security or at least point him out... apparently there is a picture of him doing it on the chibuku board but wether or not it is real/the offender who knows? i think itl be hard to prove unfortunately :(

Traxx
02-03-2005, 11:22 PM
it wasnt the incident that offended me (well it did but i mean in this situation), the initial post was a blatant generalisation and dig at Liverpool which needed re-addressing, it was offensive and uncalled for, as the incident can and does happen in places all over the world and it was wrong for Ritzi to comment the way he did, there's no disputing that and for that we are allowed to and have the right to comment on his words

:clap:

MARKEG
02-03-2005, 11:24 PM
actually the more i think about this, the more it gets to me. imagine you job is admin or a mod. you're basically trying to keep everyone in check musically. and then ppl bring in outside shit like racism or whatever. the amount of pm's i get saying such and such is saying something 'non' musical that offends me, is ridiculous.

IF YOUR NOT TALKING ABOUT MUSIC ON THIS BOARD THEN F OFF.

on this board, i don't care if you're from liverpool, australia or timbuktoo. if as mod, we miss racism or non music shit well, i'm really sorry, but we're concentrating on music.

please remember talk about MUSIC on these boards ;)

MARKEG
02-03-2005, 11:26 PM
traxx you may clap, but if you want to argue about racism, please find another board.

MARKEG
02-03-2005, 11:38 PM
sod it i'm gonna lock this topic. everyone who's talked about racism etc instead of music, i'm watching you and you will be banned if you bring this up again. i am getting a bit sick of this type of post :bash:

278d7e64a374de26f==