PDA

View Full Version : Cubase SX Reverse Function

nervous systems
02-03-2005, 06:06 PM
does anyone know how to resolve this problem.

when ive been using sx in the past ive imported audio loops in to a track, then copying them in the same track. i used to be able the select one of the loops and right click it to reverse it. this would cause only the highlighted loop to reverse. but now when i do this it reverses all the loops even the ones that are not highlighted. is there a setting somewhere that i have altered without knowing ???

thanks

fresh_an_funky_design
02-03-2005, 06:33 PM
if you want to apply the audio process (i.e. reverse) to only the selected item you should click 'new version' if you want to apply it to all examples of that audio loop click 'continue'

nervous systems
02-03-2005, 06:49 PM
i dont even get the choice

beno
03-03-2005, 05:12 PM
does anyone know how to resolve this problem.

when ive been using sx in the past ive imported audio loops in to a track, then copying them in the same track. i used to be able the select one of the loops and right click it to reverse it. this would cause only the highlighted loop to reverse. but now when i do this it reverses all the loops even the ones that are not highlighted. is there a setting somewhere that i have altered without knowing ???

thanks

Right click,than choose edit and convert it to real copy

fresh_an_funky_design
03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
i dont even get the choice

thats a bit weird, try re-installing cubase

Flood
04-03-2005, 02:18 AM
aye, I'd re-install, you've probably ticked 'do not ask again' somewhere or its a bug. Should always get the option.

TechMouse
04-03-2005, 10:47 AM
you've probably ticked 'do not ask again' somewhere
Even if this is the case, I would expect you to be able to reverse the choice in an options screen somewhere.

Something like Audio Processing --> Default Behaviour, or something.

Anything else would be very bad user interface design... something which I don't readily associate with Steinberg at all.

Flood
04-03-2005, 11:27 AM
true, but i don't know where it is lol I reckon it's probably a fault somewhere since u should always have the option of 'new version'.

Scott Kemix
04-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Had exactly the same problem mate. Here is another way to get round it.

Select the loop - Audio(menu) - Bounce selection.

bob's yar uncle.

278d7e64a374de26f==