PDA

View Full Version : Best Places In Europe For Techno????

mrbenn
03-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Im thinking of packing my bags and heading off to Europe this summer to experience some continental living.

Im probably going to head off to spain or portugal first. Ideally id like to stay in an area that has a good techno scene, any one have got any info on any good areas??

cheers mrbenn

Sunil
03-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Im thinking of packing my bags and heading off to Europe this summer to experience some continental living.

Im probably going to head off to spain or portugal first. Ideally id like to stay in an area that has a good techno scene, any one have got any info on any good areas??

cheers mrbenn

Try Eastern Europe (Czech, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary etc.). Cheap, cheerful and fun.

basslinejunkie
03-03-2005, 09:17 PM
or even go to leeds,looks like the place to be techno-wise at the mo.

Daire
03-03-2005, 09:21 PM

cheers mrbenn

Try Eastern Europe (Czech, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary etc.). Cheap, cheerful and fun.

Yea, thats where I'm going this summer. Going to get an Inter Railing ticket and go nuts for a couple of months. Seems to be a huge amount of quality techno out there. Any pointers, Sunil?

koma
03-03-2005, 09:50 PM
in Czech Republic - def. Brno (check Boby Centrum..)& Ostrava (clubs like Fabric, very cool) !!

for Hungary.. I heard all the best for M47 club..

Croatia is also pretty wild at summer.. quite a lot of open airs parties and festivals through the coast.. gimme day or two to collect some pics..

mrbenn
03-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Is it easy to get a job in in the east to cover travelling costs?

aphex_hn
04-03-2005, 01:07 AM
http://exitfest.org/exit04/indexeng.htm <===
check it out

aphex_hn
04-03-2005, 01:10 AM
Is it easy to get a job in in the east to cover travelling costs?

i wouldn't count on it

karlo
04-03-2005, 01:27 AM
def. Belgium...from atmopshere till people..something beauty..
:clap:

oldbugger
04-03-2005, 06:42 AM
the roxy is prague is amazing :love:

AcidTrash
04-03-2005, 10:02 AM

cheers mrbenn

England is Europe. Head to Leeds. Best techno anywhere mate. Alex Calver, Mark EG, Evil ED, Dirty S and of course... ME!!!!!

Ritzi Lee
04-03-2005, 02:16 PM
sure!
only you have to time really well when you want to join some techno events.

for amsterdam:
awakenings, traffic, vollt, speakerplay.

rotterdam:
strictly techno, reactor events.

the hague:
integrate / musika tremenda.

nijmegen:
doornroosje, matrixx.

groningen:
simplon.

and ofcourse berlin / germany is full of clubs and parties....

gumpy green
04-03-2005, 03:01 PM
for atmoshpher.....defo come to scotland......if you choose the right night when everyone is out on force....its a crazy dancfloor...

mrbenn
04-03-2005, 03:50 PM
hmmm i think anywere beats the non exsistent scene in cornwall :cry:

Sunil
06-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Yea, thats where I'm going this summer. Going to get an Inter Railing ticket and go nuts for a couple of months. Seems to be a huge amount of quality techno out there. Any pointers, Sunil?

Dunno what's happening in particular over the summer. http://www.rave.sk is a good portal for events and general information in Slovakia.

greencross
06-03-2005, 09:58 PM
If youre looking for techno, DONT U EVER COME TO SPAIN!

There os not much of a techno scene made here, we are only small collectives trying to open the ears of the people here.

They only like house and shitty electro, electro house and those sorts.

The only places where u can listen to techno/hard tehcno is in free parties. But as I told you, we are little collectives doing all we can to make a scene, (at least in barcelona)

Daire
06-03-2005, 10:26 PM

There os not much of a techno scene made here, we are only small collectives trying to open the ears of the people here.

The only places where u can listen to techno/hard tehcno is in free parties. But as I told you, we are little collectives doing all we can to make a scene, (at least in barcelona)

Erm, are you sure mate? I might be all the way over here in little old Ireland, but I'm pretty certain Spain is a particularly exciting place to be at the moment, Madrid especially. With the likes of Oscar Mulero, Reeko, Grovskopa, Surgeon, Gunjack, Takaaki Itoh and The British Murder Boys all playing there quite regularly. :shock:

Some of them are even based there, its that good. Your really actually quite spoilt for choice ;)

mrbenn
06-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Erm, are you sure mate? I might be all the way over here in little old Ireland, but I'm pretty certain Spain is a particularly exciting place to be at the moment, Madrid especially. With the likes of Oscar Mulero, Reeko, Grovskopa, Surgeon, Gunjack, Takaaki Itoh and The British Murder Boys all playing there quite regularly.

Thats what I was thinking, Jaxx records is spanish I think, maybe barcelona just has a shite techno scene

Adverse
07-03-2005, 12:40 AM
god it's holland or bust for you mate..

conflict
07-03-2005, 09:53 AM
always something happening in poland

www.clubbing.pl

gunjack
07-03-2005, 11:15 AM
hey mr benn. u got it! barcelona IS shit for techno but spain is ****ing amazing if you want to hear techno and are motivated to look for it!!! good luck and let me know if you are coming to madrid!!!

GJ

gunjack
07-03-2005, 11:17 AM

man why talk about ALL OF spain when obviously you only know whats up in barcelona?

Ende
07-03-2005, 11:51 AM
I think you have gonne to fast talking about barcelona´s techno stuff. There are good places like APOLO or THE LOFT, that bring good people very often, and the raves party outside barcelona periphery. Inclusive underground records labels and good producers. :nono:

gunjack
07-03-2005, 12:08 PM
yea man, the loft! we can pay out the ass to see any DJ whop charges more than 3000 euros there! if you want to see rush, ruskin or folks like this in a snobby environment, got to barcelona!

MADRILEÑOS ANTIBARCELONA. :rambo:

pero RESPECT TO LAESK.

DJ Becka
07-03-2005, 12:10 PM
def. Belgium...from atmopshere till people..something beauty..
:clap:

And to elaborate on this comment-if you go anywhere in Belgium-go to Ghent....They have this thing-I believe in June, called City Parade.....then in July-one HUGE festival for 10 days called 10 Days Off (www.10daysoff.be). Went last summer and had such an amazing time :)

You can also hop on a train from there and be in Brussels within an hour to check out Fuse-and 2 hours to either Paris or Amsterdam (which hosts 5 Days Off). Enjoy-and take lots of pictures ;)

Tony
07-03-2005, 12:34 PM
dont come to birmingham!
we may have a few things happening, but itsa like swiiming upstream n treacley shit to get something going on.

crime
08-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Berlin is pretty rocking...

OriginalTechnobastard
08-03-2005, 05:50 PM
The loft at Barcelona. Thats all you need for Techno

Ende
08-03-2005, 06:27 PM
The Loft is good, but they would think to bring unknown dj´s or live acts, not only famous dj´s that sometimes sucks :cool:

herman
08-03-2005, 06:48 PM
The Loft is pretty cool but i have to say it has one of the worst sound systems i have ever heard in a big club.

Ende
08-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately that´s truth man, :cry: :crackup:

Joseph Isaac
09-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Past summer I was all over Belgium and i must say i thoroughly enjoyed myself...from Brussels, to Ghent, to Antwerpen, even to Herenthals! Techno everywhere and people are into it...not to mention the excellent beer! Prague is dope as hell too...such an eerie city.

heavy beats
09-03-2005, 09:29 AM
hungary.

Bughead
10-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Frankfurt in Germany for banging techno ( check these sites http://www.djamok.net, http://www.svenwittekind.com http://www.tekktribe.de events all on the time )

http://www.soundsoflj.com for most things eastern european

http://www.techno.cz again for events all over europe

and of course mutant dance

http://www.mutant-dance.clubbers.net/links.html

Yeah and Leeds rocks... bigtime

djsirround
14-03-2005, 03:52 PM
hahaha you never came to Malta guys? why all DJs want to come to play in Malta and the party people not seem interested?

I seen all pages and didn't seen any post mentioning Malta, In summer we have about 3 festivals, featuring all the BEST! not mentioning any other events where there will be wuality artists, especially lately.

Definetly I suggest Malta, the only thing is the contact me first to give you more additional information, like example if the party will be good, and soon ;) because we have to say everything, we might have parties who are poor, but we have many good ones.

Here is my e-mail for any additional info: fab@djsirround.com

:eh: :eh: surprised me guys...

mrbenn
15-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Bonus my uncle lives in malta, thats another country to add to the itenary ;)

djsirround
15-03-2005, 08:35 AM
cool :lol: :clap:

Adverse
15-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Past summer I was all over Belgium and i must say i thoroughly enjoyed myself...from Brussels, to Ghent, to Antwerpen, even to Herenthals! Techno everywhere and people are into it...not to mention the excellent beer! Prague is dope as hell too...such an eerie city.

lol i got finished in antwerpen. that beer man.. muahahaha 2 am rooted in alcohol wondering the streets.

278d7e64a374de26f==