PDA

View Full Version : Cables Grrr....

acidsaturation
05-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Just had to totally unplug everything to move one poxy sampler from one side of the desk to the other cos everything's tangled. I'm sure it wasn't tangled when I set it up...

When they gonna invent the wireless studio...?

(Sorry just wanted to moan at people who'd understand...) :roll:

Barely Human
05-03-2005, 06:46 PM
When they gonna invent the wireless studio...?

(:

Im sure i read somthing about a project doing just that a few years ago.

Basil Rush
07-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Wireless just sucks differently. Ask my wireless LAN.

You just need to be ruthlessly organised with your cables, an awful lot of resealable cable ties and tedious attention to detail when you move or recable anything seemst o be the only way if you want it neat.

Used to have a 48 channel desk and be obssesive about it but in the end I got rid of half the kit and just have a small puddle of cables on the floor again ...

acidsaturation
08-03-2005, 11:01 AM
You just need to be ruthlessly organised with your cables, an awful lot of resealable cable ties and tedious attention to detail when you move or recable anything seemst o be the only way if you want it neat....

Yep...

Started off that one after moving the bloody sampler, then been ill all weekend and everythings in bloody bits just as I've kicked off a new tune...

Double Grrr...

John Ferraris
11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Buy some cable tidyiers from Maplin. £3 for 10m, its like a plastic 'spring' (well, not really, but a little bit) and u bunch cables together. I use them to bind all my power cables together and USB cables and what not

RDR
12-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Cables is as cables does.

mind of their own.

i think apple have been experimentin with wireless audio. and there is those infra red headphones you can get. they're a bit chunky tho'.

278d7e64a374de26f==