PDA

View Full Version : StoQ - Bad trip in bad space / / really negative sound

StoQ
07-03-2005, 10:31 AM
just listen and tell me if u like this shit

bad trip in bad space (http://maxpain.intertel.net.pl/stoq/StoQ_-_Bad_trip_in_bad_space.mp3)

Apex Beat
07-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I like it!!! Has alot of energy and builds nicely, especially after the firstbreak down, could imagine me raving good style too it - Anyway heres my critque, for what its worth:-

You need to bring the synth in earlier as it becomes quite repetative. Also, kick could probably do with tightening up a little. I like the main loop and the patterns with the kickdrum are well done. I quite like the filter sweeps in the breakdown, but I'm not really feeling the vocal (but thats always been a preference of mine, I've never been massive on vocals in techno tracks). Once the track kicks back in, energy levels are high and thats certainly a good thing. I think overall there needs to be more elements in this track, not quite sure what though. Breakdown at 4:40 fits well, enjoyed the weird synth thing. I think overall, the kick and snares need to be clearer, the kick/snares sound a bit lonely (if that makes sense).

StoQ
08-03-2005, 08:38 AM
thx man. yeah ur right. now i see it, but reworking the kick bassline needs to estabilish new varieties for compression and i'm now sure it will still sound that pulsing drive, but of course i'll try to fix it ;] thx for usfull remarks ;]

BRADLEE
08-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Sounds pretty cool amigo. All in all I'd say you did quite a nice job on that one. Kept my ears from getting bored while I was listening to it for sure. I really enjoyed the break as well. I'm just listening in headphones though so I cannot comment on mixdown.

Apex Beat
08-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Anytime chief, glad to be of service. Not been on this forum long but its an amazing method of improving ones production skills, in both listening to other peoples tracks and in also them listening to yours. Anyway, look forward to hearing your future projects :twisted:

Basil Rush
08-03-2005, 10:36 PM
It's one of those that'd work great on some sound systems, doesn't do much wrong but very very kick focused, could probably sound quite a bit tighter and crisper and maybe one more varied and original idea/sample/sound when it drops back in the second time

Deep drug music for parties with low wet ceilings ...

BloodStar
10-03-2005, 10:59 AM
link down :cry:

xfive
10-03-2005, 01:19 PM
This isn't bad at all for a slab o' hardness. The highs need to be brightened up a lot though, which will help considerably. ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==