PDA

View Full Version : When producing...

AcidTrash
07-03-2005, 01:02 PM
do you go through your DJ mixer first or straight to the amp?

dirty_bass
07-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Unless you are using a high end DJ mixer, I would run straight to the amp, or get yourself a little Spirit notepand mixer or something.
Most low, to medium DJ mixers have pretty crappy output really.

neilried
07-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Unless you are using a high end DJ mixer, I would run straight to the amp, or get yourself a little Spirit notepand mixer or something.
Most low, to medium DJ mixers have pretty crappy output really.

Do you reckon the DJM600 output it good enough? Am currently using an old ecler mixer to control volume out to my active monitors, and can change it to the DJM without much hassle apart from it not being as close to the PC (surface mounting the decks seemed like a good idea at the time!!!) but do you reckon the DJM out is better than the Ecler?

At first I assumed it would be worth while but then someone mentioned a while ago that it was just gonna be bad over all to use a DJ mixer in the chain so I never bothered to swap em...

Milesy
07-03-2005, 05:44 PM
a 600 should be ok.. you will get a better sound if you use your phono
preamps into the line in's rather than use the mixers built in one imho

Basil Rush
07-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Plug it straight into the amp, if it sounds any different keep it that way. If you can't tell the difference then it doesn't matter.

Some DJ mixers really mash up the sound quality. Cheap Numarks are terrible, Stantons are a lot better. Older Vestax ones seem pretty rubbish too ...

Komplex
07-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Do what Dirty Bass said. Get a smallish mixer and run your dj mixer into a few channels and your computer into a few channels and then send it all to the amp.

RDR
08-03-2005, 10:29 AM
the only reason i ever run my stuff through a DJ mixer is to check what it sounds like...

for quality production a DJ mixer is a huge NO NO!

get a small studio mixer.

278d7e64a374de26f==