PDA

View Full Version : fl studio snyth problem

tracatak
08-03-2005, 01:24 AM
my synth is going great..then when i stop it in the play list...it keeps going and will go forever..which sounds good for a few bars/measures//but i eventually want it to stop whtat do i do????????? help...it wont stop unless i hit panic stopp..i want it to stop so i can play with drums a bit then bring it in again or an alterd version obviously./....ty for any help..

p.s...will some sort of decay allow it to go on for a bit then stop eventaulyl or what?

Greg Dee
08-03-2005, 04:53 AM
ive had the same problem.

i just automate the track to mute wherever i want it to shut up.

Barely Human
08-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Are you using the piano roll to control the notes or are you using the step sequancer? IF your using the step sequancer then it will keep playing for ever since it only sends a note on function to the synth.

loopdon
08-03-2005, 08:42 AM
automate the mute2 plugin.

Barely Human
08-03-2005, 09:42 AM

Either that, or try putting a new pattern when you want the sound to stop, then put one note in at the beggining and put the velocity all the way down.

tracatak
09-03-2005, 01:12 AM
thanks,,,all great answers...i was using the FM7 synth..when iwas gettingthis problem ..i started to play with the sustain....since release did nothing...to stop it...but the sustain stops it but also lowers the volume...damn it..hehe ty all anyhow.. :love:

Spark
09-03-2005, 01:24 AM
thanks,,,all great answers...i was using the FM7 synth..when iwas gettingthis problem ..i started to play with the sustain....since release did nothing...to stop it...but the sustain stops it but also lowers the volume...damn it..hehe ty all anyhow.. :love:

FM7 rocks!

Check if you dont use to much delay's..

AcidTrash
09-03-2005, 06:57 PM

thats what I do. It's a bodge job but it works.

loopdon
09-03-2005, 10:32 PM
or the solution iq has on offer, using that as well. :cool:

Barely Human
09-03-2005, 10:41 PM
or the solution iq has on offer, using that as well. :cool:

Ive always used that method for stopping long samples such as drumloops. Works a treat :lol:

tracatak
14-03-2005, 11:00 PM
well ive found that using piano roll werks best for me..buti will keep the rest of the ideas in mind..thanks

:twisted:

Barely Human
14-03-2005, 11:18 PM
well ive found that using piano roll werks best for me..buti will keep the rest of the ideas in mind..thanks

:twisted:

Yeah, always use the piano roll for vst synths mate..

schlongfingers
15-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I'd agree with IQ's solution as well, although in answer to your 'will some kind of decay stop it' I'd say yes.

Open up a pattern with the synth on, press play then open up the instrument properties, click on 'Vol' then bring down the sustain and release and set the decay to a level you are happy with - notes will now roll over each other (so long as you haven't set the sample to cut itself) and will decay after the last hit.

(When i say 'instrument properties'' above, I mean the fruity panel for the instrument, I believe this overrides the plugin properties)

Barely Human
15-03-2005, 10:13 AM
(When i say 'instrument properties'' above, I mean the fruity panel for the instrument, I believe this overrides the plugin properties)

You only get envelope settings in the channel box on fruity plugs, it does not show up with the vst wrapper for 3rd party plugs. Most synths have an adsr envelope anyway so it shouldnt be a problem....

schlongfingers
15-03-2005, 10:21 AM

You only get envelope settings in the channel box on fruity plugs, it does not show up with the vst wrapper for 3rd party plugs. Most synths have an adsr envelope anyway so it shouldnt be a problem....

Aaah I see, diidn't realise I rarely use 3rd party plugs :D

278d7e64a374de26f==