PDA

View Full Version : Attention Techno Club Promoters

ukdj
08-03-2005, 01:42 PM
UK-DJs.net and Euro-Djs.net DJ Agencies provide club promoters with the ultimate resource for the direct booking of European based DJs who play electronic dance music.

If you are a European Promoter or DJ, see http://www.euro-djs.net/techno_dj_agency.html

If you are a UK promoter or DJ, check out http://www.uk-djs.net/techno_dj_agency.htm

Tony
08-03-2005, 04:23 PM
ATTENTION TECHNO CLUB PROMOTERS
with best intentions for their djs intact, the description of 'TECHNO' only just about barely scrapes through. i am a techno club promoter and these guys are mostly hard house/nu nrg/hard trance/progressive with maybe a bit of adam beyer chucked in there for credibility.
not knocking the agency or the djs, but they look ENORMOUSLY in the wrong ballpark to be classed as TECHNO.

i will probably be accused of being elitist for this stance, but hey.

no techno dj would ever go to a hard trance website, put his top tens in there hoping that people would latch on to the small amount of names that people may be aware of on there, and then expect to be booked in a hard trance event.

no disrespect at all to the site, despite the terrible photos of clearly bedroom djs at home ruining some of the gloss, but maybe try a different section of BOA. kind of a 'trade description', 'does exactly what it says on the tin' kinda thing.

schlongfingers
08-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Surely whether the DJs they represent play techno or not depends on what DJs sign up?

Yes you do sound elitist.

Tony
09-03-2005, 12:21 AM
i know, heavy days walking around inside my head at the moment.
BOA stood them up and i shot them down.
i'll stay offline for a bit.

but why advertise them on a techno board when they would get a lot more response even on other sections of the same forum. the djs they've signed up ALL looked a little out of place on this one, merely straying into techno.

schlongfingers
09-03-2005, 09:34 AM
:( sorry to hear that man, hope the days get brighter!

I understand what you are saying, but it doesn't seem they are charging for their service - if they are under-represented in their techno coverage this area of BOA seems like the perfect place to advertise ;) their site is certainly built in a very search engine friendly way so could give a little welcome exposure to up and coming DJs

Gaz Roberts seems to play techno. I might stick my details up there an all.

miss bass
09-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Ok so it aint strictly techno and on the hard dance tip, dont even front about it

Mirsha
09-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Bawz I'm with Tony. There is a huge diffrence between techno and hard trance, scouse house or whatever is on that website, they are not the same thing, it would be like going into a car dealer to get a Ferrari and finding some second hand Ford Ka's lined up with a nice buffing of waxing on it.

In fact the very fact of promoting something as techno, when there isn't any techno in sight kind of says to me "Hi there, I really don't know what I'm doing" and looks veryunprofessional, I mean would you really think you really think to go buy techno records from www.trance-tunes.com

Maybe a bit of rebranding is in order here to sort out problem with the images presented and you could always split up the sites into allowing the user to select between whether being presented with a selection of techno only or or styles seperately.

Tony
09-03-2005, 07:01 PM
:oops:
yes, my erudite ways are causing trouble again.

schlongfingers
10-03-2005, 01:25 PM
I think the relevant point here is that nobody that's complaining about the misuse of the word techno is in fact Juan Atkins.

Tony
10-03-2005, 03:23 PM
how do you know?!
i'll have you know that that is me, in person, the one, the only.

hee hee

RDR
11-03-2005, 01:18 PM
plus they cost 115 quid a year.

Tony
11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
surely they make the money from the booking fees................. hmmm, a little web hosting surcharge hey?!

fresh_an_funky_design
13-03-2005, 05:28 PM
i gotts say for an agency i've never heard of any of the dj's

schlongfingers
13-03-2005, 06:58 PM
You've never heard of Patrik Skoog or DJ Misjah then?

fresh_an_funky_design
13-03-2005, 07:59 PM
i didn't see them, the list i looked on had 7 techno dj's,

must of been in the wrong section

fresh_an_funky_design
13-03-2005, 08:02 PM
i was looking on the uk one, not the europe one

Stuart
15-03-2005, 10:20 AM
You've never heard of Patrik Skoog or DJ Misjah then?

ANyone can put someones biog up on a website. Taken of their website.

nihilist
25-03-2005, 04:29 PM
mmmmmm dont think i will be using said agency

AcidTrash
26-03-2005, 10:17 PM
You lot don't half talk some sh*t sometimes. Coming from the master of it that really says something.

Mindful
27-03-2005, 02:04 AM
:lol: ha ha BAO rocks we just cant help arguing about how cool and how techno we all are can we(me included)

well im more techno than every body :lol:

AcidTrash
27-03-2005, 01:51 PM
I don't think so some how. My techno is waaaay better than yours and your techno might as well be hard house trance. your all gay if you play anything different to me.

278d7e64a374de26f==