PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - Lately the suffering has lifted me - Hard 4x4

dirty_bass
10-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok, well, just to keep me on my toes, I`ve taken the Voidloss concept and applied it to 4x4 Hard techno.

I`ve tried to keep the same brooding, fear and loathing, but squeeze it into 4x4 DJ friendly banging stuff.

Let me know what you think.

I`ve used some new gear in the mastering, so I`m not absolutely sure about
this final, but I need to rest my ears for a couple of days now.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Lately%20the%20suffering%20has%20lifted%20me.mp 3

stjohn
10-03-2005, 02:15 PM
i think ive heard u come up with clearer final mixes, a good tune all the same...

i think the hi- mids.... ie, some driving percs at the start, and those blips in the middle + end, are lacking a bit of body.....
those blips i would probly turn up, but then again thats me :roll:

its deffo a a nice mix and goes places..... i just dont think the song fills big enough after those choppy edits, to get that rush that we love some much

i know its voidloss so its more dark n deep..... but when i listen to your extinguisher face mix.... i feel like punchin things......

thats what id like to do most of the time

but class tune all in all...would like to hear the final edit.... i deffo like ur dark n hard stuff

Mattias Fridell (emb)
10-03-2005, 02:22 PM
I liked the other Voidloss stuff better.
The NOT 4/4 beats fits better for this kind of music i think.
:lol:

j_s
10-03-2005, 02:30 PM
shit hot. kick feels a little flat in parts, 'sa ****ing tune though.

CORROSIVE
10-03-2005, 04:46 PM
:twisted: :twisted: NiCE! Sounds ****in Phat as!!!

BRADLEE
10-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Excellent production work as always Steve. You’re always on Point. Although this is a great tune, it’s just not one of my favorite pieces you’ve done. Great none the less, but you can do better.

Apex Beat
11-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Cant have this loud cos flatmates are dreaming. Tons of atmosphere as always dirty, really liking this track alot. The kick sounds like its altering between two different ones, not sure if this is intention but sounds to me like it breaks the rythem.

4:16 onwards, really heats up. Not so sure about the cuts? Are they intentional? I'd love to get a copy on wax, you can almost split the tension with a knife. I'm wack something like dontgivewaytofear afterwards, would go off bigtime. :rambo:

Like the acid blips as well. I think everythings spot on in this track, no complaints here.

dan the acid man
11-03-2005, 12:48 AM
this is pretty good, im not sure about some of the hats, they dont bite through the mix, i also agree on the kick not sounding right at times, it does seem to change tone, maybe its intentional, but it doesnt work for me

dirty_bass
11-03-2005, 01:28 AM
I wanted to create movement within the kick.
Hats don`t cut through? I thought this was top heavy?

dan the acid man
11-03-2005, 02:40 AM
i'll give it another listen tomorrow when my ears feel better, they sounded a bit shhhsy to me, if you know what i mean by shhhsssy

dirty_bass
11-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Yeah, but even then, I`m surprised, I thought they were way too crispy with this new mastering gear.
But then I have been in the studio flat out for 7 days. So maybe I`ve gone deaf.

steelgrooves
11-03-2005, 04:02 AM
Im not even gonna lie I love this track man!! Some twisted sounds and a great arrangement there.. Would love to have this a vinyl :twisted:

steelgrooves
11-03-2005, 04:03 AM
O BTW I got your Live PA set the other day and it is phenom. as well one of the best Ive heard. :clap:

dirty_bass
11-03-2005, 04:11 AM
ah I see what you mean Dan
it`s because all the hats were made with noise generators
I`m was trying to use different sounds.

MITA
11-03-2005, 03:01 PM
@dirty:
messanger said it all..
+no noise hats for me!

audioinjection
11-03-2005, 04:34 PM
shit, i like this

very different, but still good.............mix doesnt sound bad either, but thats in my headphones

nice one steve :clap:

BRADLEE
11-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Sorry Steve but I didn't have enough time to give a really accurate review before. so Here you go.........

Voidloss “Lately the Suffering has lifted me”

Ok, immediately you’re brought into the darkness of the tune…Close your eyes and you see Gotham City type of stuff. Nice percussion and absolutely great edits. Very precise and clean. Soundwise, as always is Phenominal. Never a qualm with Steve on that, he is an audio master.

The track progresses more with additions of percussion and deep/dark textures. The dark synth that is first presented is the main glue I think too. Really brings things together. And just when you think he couldn’t add anymore, he tosses in more perc and edits to keep this Machine moving. Nothing typical about this tune, very forward thinking.

After the first break roughly around the 4 minutes mark he brings in a nice little acid line and drops some more stop edits. Quite nice on them ,but some will confuse them for a glitch in the track. And even though the new little acid line is present it still doesn’t create too much more movement as I would hope for after the break. I think that is what I meant by I know you can do better. Just doesn’t seem to have enough direction into the darkness after the break.

What I’m asking for Steve, add in something so dark it makes me want to cry man. That is what I think this tune needs to really bring it together. Please don’t take my comments as criticism, just my thoughts and feelings. You are an excellent producer, and someday I hope to be up to par with you. I’m just telling you what I think would sound best. I know you have more of the darkness inside of you. Dig deep and bring out the evil!!!!

dirty_bass
11-03-2005, 07:51 PM
No I understand, I`ve cleaned this up and will have it reposted soon.
That first mixdown was the product of a 4 hour frenzy in the studio, from conception to master, to try to cure my insomnia.
The "acid" riff actually slowly morphs into the washy synth sound that you hear as the second half progresses, it is the same synth.
I`ve brought that forward in the mix too.
I understand what you are saying about the more emotion thing.
But with this track I wanted to make something more straight, banging, with some mesmerising effects, rather than a strong emotional melody.
However the next, more industrial Voidloss tune I am working on, is more in the vein of what you were describing.

BRADLEE
11-03-2005, 07:56 PM
No I understand, I`ve cleaned this up and will have it reposted soon.
That first mixdown was the product of a 4 hour frenzy in the studio, from conception to master, to try to cure my insomnia.
The "acid" riff actually slowly morphs into the washy synth sound that you hear as the second half progresses, it is the same synth.
I`ve brought that forward in the mix too.
I understand what you are saying about the more emotion thing.
But with this track I wanted to make something more straight, banging, with some mesmerising effects, rather than a strong emotional melody.
However the next, more industrial Voidloss tune I am working on, is more in the vein of what you were describing.

Can't wait to hear it amigo. Please post this one again when you have the mixdown where you want it. Also please post the other new voidloss track.

The Divide
19-03-2005, 12:16 AM
I like it, especially the kick bass filtering atmospheres, etc.

Only thing I don’t like is that synth that comes in at 2.22 because it seems a little bit too cheesy in the sense that it’s repeating a simple pattern in a normalish tuned up key sig. It does emphasise the mood of the mix but I just think this would be way better with something a little different in it like the rest of the elements.

The rest of the track really does capture a nice feeling or expression which builds. I’d go nutz to this as it is tho so
:clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==